Shape up your week with these live shows and concerts around Houston for the week of Monday, August 6 through Sunday, August 12, 2018.
Also in August 2018
Happening This Week
August gets off to a hot start with a slate of classics, country, and Americana around town.
Rounding out the week is superstar Lalah Hathaway performing at the fourth annual Houston Black Heritage Music and Arts Festival in Downtown.
Top 10 Live Shows & Concerts in Houston This Week
- Lucinda Williams, with Steve Earle, Dwight Yoakam, King Leg at White Oak Music Hall | Tuesday, August 7 – Three legends of country and Americana sound join together for the LSD Tour this summer, bringing extensive song catalogs that reach back several decades. Supported by up-and-coming artist, King Leg, this show is sure to be a hit with the country and western fan. Tickets start at $58.50, but you may find better or cheaper tickets using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 5pm.
- Monte Montgomery, with Rob Baird at The Heights Theater | Thursday, August 9 – With hands that flash up and down his guitar’s fretboard, Monte Montgomery has made a name for himself by melding his songwriting abilities with virtuoso-like guitar skills. The Texas musician makes a stop in The Heights and you can grab a ticket ranging from $20 to $30. 7pm.
- Us the Duo, with Justin Nozuka at House of Blues | Friday, August 10 – Building a career out of social media is no easy feat, but Us the Duo managed to turn a following on Vine into a contract with Republic Records. The husband-and-wife folk-pop duo will appear in Downtown, playing hits off their 2017 album, Our Favorite Time of Year. Tickets start at $25, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork resale marketplace. 7pm.
- Jeff Lynne’s ELO, with Dawes at Toyota Center | Friday, August 10 – Electric Light Orchestra is back after a hiatus reaching back to 1986. Frontman Jeff Lynne has reformed the group and begun touring through North America again, following an epic hit-filled show at Wembley in London last June. Tickets range from $49.50 to $149.50, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 8pm.
- Classic Albums Live presents Pink Floyd: The Wall at Miller Outdoor Theatre | Friday, August 10 | FREE – The legendary 1979 studio album comes to life with a rare live performance, featuring an arrangement of professional musicians that deliver every note as it was intended. This event is free and open to the public, though covered seating requires a ticket that can be obtained at the box office. 8:30pm.
- Godsmack, with Shinedown, Like A Storm at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion | Saturday, August 11 – Hard rock strikes the Woodlands with a double-headlining show from Godsmack and Shinedown. Tickets for lawn seats are $35 with covered seating ranging from $55 to $99.50, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork resale marketplace. 7pm.
- Kiefer Sutherland Band at Miller Outdoor Theatre | Saturday, August 11 | FREE – The acclaimed actor sheds the script for a night of singer-songwriter performance. Catch him ahead of his upcoming release, Reckless, playing at the Miller Outdoor Theatre. This event is free and open to the public, though covered seating requires a ticket that can be obtained at the box office. 8:30pm.
- Walker Lukens at The Continental Club | Saturday, August 11 – The up-and-coming songwriter out of Austin makes an appearance in Midtown, following his late 2017 release, Tell It To The Judge. Tickets start at $12. 9pm.
- 2018 Houston Black Heritage Fest, featuring Lalah Hathaway, Stokley Williams, J. Paul Jr. at George R. Brown Convention Center | Saturday, August 11 – The fourth annual Houston Black Heritage Music & Arts Festival takes place this weekend and features five-time Grammy-winning artist, Lalah Hathaway, performing at the George R. Brown Convention Center. An interactive youth zone with games and activities, fashion show, and other vendors and programs round out a weekend celebrating the essence of the African American spirit. Tickets range from $5 to $150 and are good for both days of the event. Music begins Saturday evening until 10pm.
- Warrant, with Steelheart at Proof Rooftop Lounge | Sunday, August 12 – The glam metal band out of Hollywood rocked the late ’80s and early ’90s with five albums hitting multi-million sales. They stop by Midtown’s Proof Rooftop Lounge for a wild show. Tickets range from $9 to $100. Doors at 5pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).