Make the most of your week with our top 11 event picks happening in Houston from Monday, July 30 to Sunday, August 5, 2018.
Also in August 2018
Top 11 Plays & Arts Performances
Happening This Week
Nightlife in Houston This Week
Dress in head-to-toe white for White Linen Night in the Heights, dig for fossils and learn about dinosaurs, sing along to “Thunder” at Imagine Dragons’ live show, root for the Houston Dash, and more.
Top 11 Things to Do This Week in Houston
- Houston Shakespeare Festival at Miller Outdoor Theatre | FREE | Daily – Thou shalt enjoy a free performance of Shakespearean plays during the 44th Houston Shakespeare Festival at Miller Outdoor Theatre. 8:15pm nightly.
- 2 Somms & a WineKey: Red, White & Bubbles at the Tasting Room Uptown Park | Tuesday, July 31 – Wine and dine as two sommeliers are pit against each other in a pairing challenge at the Tasting Room in Uptown Park. Hosted by local bloggers Urban Swank, the event includes a three-course meal prepared by Chef Brandi Key, with wine pairings from the experts. $65. 7pm.
- Houston Restaurant Weeks 2018 | Starts Wednesday, August 1 – Dine out for a great cause when nearly 250 of Houston’s hottest eateries offer a multi-course brunch, lunch, and/or dinner at an often-discounted price during Houston Restaurants Weeks 2018. Now in its 15th year, HRW is the largest annual fundraiser that benefits the Houston Food Bank. Prices, times, and locations vary.
- Listen Local: Music on the Plaza with the Heights Funk Collective at The Brown Foundation Plaza | FREE – The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston (MFAH) hosts a new summer music series on Friday evenings in their newest outdoor space, The Brown Foundation, Inc. Plaza. This week, enjoy funk/rock music by the Heights Funk Collective. 5pm to 8pm.
- Imagine Dragons in Concert at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion | Saturday, August 4 – Feel the thunder of Imagine Dragons’ powerful live performance at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion in The Woodlands. Arrive early to see Grace VanderWaal of America’s Got Talent. Tickets start at $65, but you may find better or cheaper tickets using the TicketNetwork online market. 7pm.
- Houston International Jazz Festival at House of Blues | Saturday, August 4 – Bask in the sweet sounds of jazz music when Houston International Jazz Festival returns for its 28th year. On Saturday night, take a seat at House of Blues for shows by Mindi Abair, Althea Rene, and Ashleigh Smith. Tickets start at $40. 7pm.
- White Linen Night in The Heights | Saturday, August 4 – Don a chic, all-white ensemble and flock to 19th Street for this annual throwdown that draws thousands of Houstonians to The Heights. Expect to see art displays, live music, boutique discounts, parties, and plenty of people-watching. Times, prices, and locations vary.
- Houston Dynamo vs. Sporting Kansas City at BBVA Compass Stadium | Saturday, August 4 – Cheer on the Dynamo as they play Sporting Kansas City in a home game at BBVA Compass Stadium. Tickets start at $29, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 8pm.
- Jurassic Quest at NRG Park | Friday, August 2 to Sunday, August 5 – Treat the kiddos to a full day of dinosaur rides, fossil digs, informative exhibits, crafts, games, and more when Jurassic Quest takes over NRG Park. VIP ticket-holders can hop around inside of an inflatable bounce house and enjoy unlimited rides on the bungee pull. Tickets start at $20. 9am to 8pm daily.
- Summer Saturday Nights at The Blue Field Market | No Cover | Saturday, August 4 – Shop ‘till you drop, then relax with a cocktail when Blue Field Market opens every Saturday night this summer. The market offers local vendors, live bands, drink specials, sunset yoga, sand volleyball, and both sports and movie screenings on the big screen. 6pm to 10pm.
- Houston Dash vs. Utah Royals at BBVA Compass Stadium | Sunday, August 5 – Cheer on the Dash as they play the Utah Royals FC in a home game at BBVA Compass Stadium. Tickets start at $19. 7:30pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
You can find more fun in our interactive event calendar and 365 Weekend Guides.
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).
Click here to sign up for free.