Make the most of your week with our top 10 things to do with kids in Houston, from Monday, July 23 to Sunday, July 29, 2018.
Happening This Week
Also in July 2018
Top 10 Things to Do with Kids This Week in Houston
- Kid Krazy Mondays Movie Screening: Descendents 2 at Kemah Boardwalk | Monday, July 23 | FREE – Take the kiddos out to Kemah Boardwalk for a family-friendly movie screening of Descendents 2. 8:30pm.
- Circus Arts at Discovery Green | Tuesday, July 24 | FREE – Circus Arts is a class that consists of ground arts and ground acrobatics such as contortion/flexibility, low tight wire, partner acrobatics, juggling, and hand balancing. 6pm to 8pm.
- Summer Teen Afternoons: Teen Takeover at CAMH | Thursday, July 26 | FREE – Get crafty at CAMH with a number of hands-on activities throughout the museum. All teens from ages 13 to 19 are welcome. 2pm to 4pm.
- Stand By Me Movie Screening at Market Square Park | Thursday, July 26 | FREE – Watch this 1986 American coming-of-age comedy-drama starring Wil Wheaton, River Phoenix, Corey Feldman, and Jerry O’Connell at Market Square Park. 8:30pm.
- ComedySportz Match Family-Friendly Improv Show at CSz Arena | Friday, July 27 and Saturday, July 28 – If you like the TV show Whose Line Is It Anyway? then you’ll enjoy ComedySportz Houston, a fast-paced comedy show that’s suitable for the whole family, now running at the CSz Arena in EaDo. Tickets are $20, but you may find limited discounted tickets for $14. 8pm.
- Retropalooza Houston at NRG Park | Saturday, July 28 – Head to the Retropalooza Houston, an annual event that features YouTube personalities, free play console games, contests, competitions and guest panels at NRG Park. Tickets range from $15 to $25. Kids ages 12 and under get in free. 9am to 5pm.
- Kids Photography Workshop at Houston Camera Exchange | Saturday, July 28 – Bring the kids to learn how to snap photos on professional cameras at the Houston Camera Exchange. This class is for kids ages 11 to 17. Tickets are $39 and space is limited. There will be a class at 10am and 2pm.
- Young Writers Workshop at Discovery Green | Saturday, July 28 | FREE – Writers in the Schools and the Houston Public Library Express offer a free writing workshop for students in 2nd through 8th grade at Discovery Green park. Limited to 25 students per workshop. 10:30am to 11:30am.
- Pinkalicious The Musical at Main Street Theater | Saturday, July 28 and Sunday, July 29 – Bring the kiddos to see a production of Pinkalicious, a delightful musical based on the popular book by Elizabeth and Victoria Kann on being yourself and the importance of healthy eating at Main Street Theater. Tickets start at $20. Times vary.
- Crafts with Cats at El Gato Coffeehouse Cat Cafe | Sunday, July 29 –Spend the afternoon getting crafty surrounded by adorable cats at El Gato Coffeehouse. All craft materials will be supplied and instructions provided. Tickets are $18 for kids ages 5 to 17; $22 with student ID; $25 for adults. 11:15am to 12:45pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).