Celebrate and sample hundreds of specialty and hard-to-find brews at the Brewmasters Craft Beer Festival happening at Galveston’s Moody Gardens Convention Center on Labor Day Weekend from Friday, August 31 through Sunday, September 2, 2018.
Now in its ninth year, this massive craft beer festival has already been hailed as the third “Best Beer Festival in America” by USA Today‘s 10Best.
Headquartered at Moody Gardens, Brewmasters spans three days and is packed with a number of craft beer events, Nach-Yo Ordinary Tequila Tasting, Brew-B-Que, and BrewHaHa Grand Tasting.
Last year, Brewmasters Craft Beer Festival was postponed from its normal Labor Day Weekend dates after Hurricane Harvey landed ashore. So 2018 marks a happy return to its original Labor Day Weekend.
Texas Brewery Tasting Tour
The popular Texas Brewery Tasting Tour has now moved to the main floor of the BrewHaHa Grand Tasting on Saturday, September 1, 2018 from 3pm to 6:30pm.
This special “tour” delights enthusiasts by providing a chance to taste the favored selections from Brewmasters and owners of fine Texas Breweries, while also getting an opportunity to talk with them personally about their history, their path, and their products.
Tickets for Individual Events or a Three-Day Weekender Pass
Tickets are available for individual events, or the devoted can opt for The Weekender ticket package, which includes a three-day pass, VIP access to the BrewHaHa Grand Tasting, and the Taste it First selections for $165. Click here to order tickets.
2018 Schedule of Events
Friday, August 31, 2018
- Nach-Yo Ordinary Tequila Tasting – As the adage says, “Liquor before beer.” Texans love their fine tequilas, and what better way to kick of a craft beer weekend than with a fun and engaging tasting, exploring the world of agaves and fine tequila, along with a gourmet nacho bar. $30 in advance; $35 at the door. 7pm to 10pm.
Saturday, September 1, 2018
- BrewHaHa Grand Tasting – Brewmasters Craft Beer Festival’s big event offers patrons the chance to sample some of the best brews in the world. Held in the Moody Gardens Expo Arena, this grand tasting showcases hundreds of craft and specialty brews. Many featured beers will be offered for public tasting for the very first time. There will also be multiple beer seminars on the Beer University Seminar Stage. $35 in advance; $40 at the door; $85 for VIP Lounge access and early entry (including for the Texas Brewery Tasting Tour). $15 in advance for designated drivers; $20 at the door. 3pm to 6:30pm.
Sunday, September 2, 2018
- Brew-B-Que – Smack your lips with Texas style foods and live music. Smokin’ hot BBQ from pitmasters Erin Smith and Patrick Feges of Feges BBQ will be on hand; diners can choose two meats and two sides. Admission includes a punch card good for six 2-oz beer samples, live music, and the option to purchase a full beer. $23 in advance with barbecue plate; $8 without. $30 at the door with plate, if available; $10 without. 11:30am to 2:30pm.
More than 65 breweries will be onsite for the tasting event, including the Bayou City brews of 8th Wonder, Buffalo Bayou, 11 Below, Bakfish, Back Pew, Fetching Lab, Galveston Island, Karbach, Platypus, Saloon Door, and Spindletap, along with favorites from across Texas and the United States.
New breweries are constantly being added. Click here to see a full list of participating breweries for 2018.
9th Annual Brewmasters Craft Beer Festival
- Dates: Friday, August 31 through Sunday, September 2, 2018
- Times: Individual event times vary, listed above.
- Location: Moody Gardens Convention Center, Galveston, TX 77554
- Admission: Individual events each have their own admission prices, listed above. The Weekender ticket package includes a three-day pass, VIP access to the BrewHaHa Grand Tasting, and first access to “Taste It First” selections for $165. Click here to order tickets or for more information.
This article was sponsored by Brewmasters Craft Beer Festival. Per our advertising and sponsorship policy, we only accept sponsored content from organizations that meet our editorial standards and truly present a valuable activity, event, resource or destination for residents and visitors across the greater Houston area. Advertising revenue helps support 365 Things to Do in Houston, and our contributors, allowing us to expand our coverage of activities and events around the Houston area. Click here to learn about promoting your event or business.