Make the most of your week with our top 12 event picks happening in Houston from Monday, July 9 to Sunday, July 15, 2018.
Happening This Week
Also in July 2018
Top 8 Plays & Arts Performances
Watch Marvel superheroes perform acrobatic tricks, sip agua fresca-inspired craft beer, get your grub on at a family-style feast, cheer on the Harlem Globetrotters, dance to ’80s tunes by Boy George and Culture Club and more.
Top 12 Things to Do This Week in Houston
- Houston Astros vs. Oakland Athletics at Minute Maid Park | Monday, July 9 to Thursday, July 12 – Get loud for the Astros when they take the field to play the Athletics in a home game at Minute Maid Park. Tickets start at $14, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. Times vary.
- Houston Dash vs. Orlando Pride at BBVA Compass Stadium | Wednesday, July 11 – Cheer on the Dash as they play the Pride in a home game at BBVA Compass Stadium. Tickets start $19. 7:30pm.
- Alison Krauss at Smart Financial Centre | Wednesday, July 11 – See a concert from genre-spanning singer and Grammy winner Alison Krauss, who has partnered with everyone from Brad Paisley to Led Zeppelin’s Robert Plant, when she performs at Smart Financial Centre in Sugar Land. Tickets start at $69.50, but you may find better or cheaper seats on the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 8pm.
- The Suffers Album Release at The Heights Theater | Thursday, July 12 and Friday, July 13 – Support local music when Houston’s celebrated soul group, The Suffers, release their newest album, Everything Here, with a two-night show at Heights Theater. Thursday’s show includes an appearance from fellow Houstonians, The Tontons, while the Black Pumas perform Friday. $25. 7:30pm.
- Rodney Carrington at Smart Financial Centre | Thursday, July 12 – Experience an evening of adult comedy and music when the Bud Light Concert Series welcomes Rodney Carrington to the Smart Financial Centre in Sugar Land. Tickets start at $49.50, but limited discounted tickets start at $43. 8pm.
- Marvel Universe Live: Age of Heroes at NRG Stadium | Thursday, July 12 to Sunday, July 15 – Watch your favorite superheroes join forces for a thrilling show of aerialists, acrobats, motorcyclists and more in Marvel Universe Live: Age of Heroes at NRG Stadium. Times vary.
- Paramore in Concert at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion | Friday, July 13 – Jam out to a concert from rockers Paramore and Foster the People when they head to The Woodlands’ Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion on the After Laughter Summer Tour. Tickets start $35.50, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale marketplace. 7pm.
- Dia de la Frida at Karbach Brewing | Friday, July 13 – Honor the life of Frida Kahlo with shopping from local vendors and artists, live music, eats, and craft beer at Karbach Brewing. The fest will offer agua fresca-inspired beers and a special-edition Frida glass with any biergarten purchase while supplies last. 5pm to 9pm.
- 2018 H-Town on Tap – Beer Fest at Buffalo Bayou | Saturday, July 14 – Spend your Saturday sipping craft beer, listening to live music, and tasting food from local food trucks at the 2018 H-Town on Tap beer festival. Held at Water Works Park in Buffalo Bayou, the festival will showcase more than 100 local and international beers. Tickets start at $7. 4pm.
- Echo & the Bunnymen in Concert at Revention Music Center | Saturday, July 14 – See a live show from British rockers Echo & the Bunnymen when they perform alongside the Violent Femmes at Revention Music Center. Tickets start at $22, but you may find better or cheaper seats on the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 8pm.
- The Harlem Globetrotters at Berry Center | Sunday, July 15 – Ball out at a thrilling game by the world-renowned Harlem Globetrotters at Berry Center in Cypress. You’ll see the uber-talented players perform all kinds of trick shots and slam dunks while playing against the ever-losing Washington Generals. Tickets start at $18, but you can save 25% when you enter the code Save25. 3pm
- Feast of Saint Arnold at Saint Arnold Brewing | Sunday, July 15 – Come hungry for this four-course meal of fish, red meat, poultry, and pork served family-style and prepared by Executive Chef Ryan Savoie at Saint Arnold Brewing. The annual fundraiser benefits the Texas Children’s Hospital’s Inflammatory Bowel Disease Center. $135. 5pm to 8:30pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
You can find more fun in our interactive event calendar and 365 Weekend Guides.
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).
Click here to sign up for free.