Make the most of your week with our top 15 event picks happening in Houston from Monday, July 2 to Sunday, July 8, 2018.
Also in July 2018
Happening This Week
Join the Saint Arnold pub crawl through downtown, go bowling with Astros players and raise funds for a good cause, ooh and ah at a spectacular Fourth of July firework show, see a rock band perform at Vans Warped Tour, stuff your face with halal street food and more.
Top 15 Things to Do This Week in Houston
- Wings of Freedom 5K and Family Run at Karbach Brewery | Wednesday, July 4 – Before indulging in beer and hot dogs, start your Independence Day off with a healthy dose of running in the Wings of Freedom 5K and Family Run at Karbach Brewery. Arrive early to receive an event shirt, medal, and a free beer with a special pint glass. Tickets start at $15. 7:30am.
- Independence Day at Eight Row Flint in the Heights | Wednesday, July 4 | No Cover – Cool off with free watermelon and an all-day happy hour, featuring $4 Eureka Heights beers, and $2 jello shots, in celebration of Independence Day at Eight Row Flint. 2pm to midnight.
- Houston Astros vs. Chicago White Sox at Minute Maid Park | Thursday to Sunday – Get loud for the Astros when they take the field to play the White Sox in a home game at Minute Maid Park. Tickets start at $14, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. Times vary.
- FriYAY Rose Wine Tasting at Brennan’s of Houston | Friday, July 6 – Sip a refreshing glass (or several) of rosé in the swanky dining room at Brennan’s of Houston during the annual FriYAY tasting, which features a wide selection of rosé accompanied by light bites. $25. 4pm to 7pm.
- Thirty Seconds to Mars in Concert at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion | Friday, July 6 – Rock out to a roster of songs by Thirty Seconds to Mars, fronted by Jared Leto, when they stop in Houston on the Monolith Tour. Openers include Walk the Moon, Flay, and Welshly Arms. Tickets start at $29.50, but you may find cheaper or better seats on Ticket Network’s resale marketplace. 6pm.
- Saint Arnold Pub Crawl and Concert in Downtown Houston | Saturday, July 7 | No Cover – Make your way through 15 Downtown bars during the annual Saint Arnold Pub Crawl, followed by a free concert from Mobley in Market Square Park. Those who stop by every bar will receive a commemorative pint glass after the crawl. 2pm to 7pm.
- Majic 102.1 Summer Block Party at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion | Saturday, July 7 – Groove to the music of top R&B artists, including Miguel, Fantasia, Ne-Yo, and Tank, when Majic 102.1 throws a summer block party at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion. Tickets start at $59.50, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale website. 5pm.
- Distant Worlds: Music from Final Fantasy at Jones Hall | Saturday, July 7 – Immerse yourself in the Houston Symphony’s multimedia experience featuring stirring musical compositions and video snippets from the Japanese video game, Final Fantasy. Tickets start at $35, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale website. 7:30pm.
- Wild Moccasins’ Look Together Album Release Show at White Oak Music Hall | Saturday, July 7 – Celebrate the release of Look Together, the latest album from Houston’s own Wild Moccasins, with an all all-ages show downstairs at White Oak Music Hall. Camera Cult and El Lago will open the show. $10. 8pm.
- Houston Dynamo vs. Minnesota United FC at BBVA Compass Stadium | Saturday, July 7 – Cheer on the Dynamo as they play Minnesota in a home game at BBVA Compass Stadium. Tickets start at $24, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 8pm.
- Erykah Badu in Concert at Arena Theatre | Saturday, July 7 – Catch a live show from the Queen of neo-soul, Erykah Badu, when the Grammy winner takes the stage at Arena Theatre. Tickets start at $79.50, but you may find cheaper, better or hard-to-get seats on TicketNetwork’s resale website 8:30pm.
- First Anniversary at King’s BierHaus | Sunday, July 8 | No Cover – Clink pints and shout “prost!” to celebrate the first anniversary of King’s BierHaus in the Heights. The German-style beer garden will offer food and drink specials throughout the day, along with live music and giveaways. 10am to 10pm.
- Vans Warped Tour at NRG Park | Sunday, July 8 – Jam out to a lineup of rock groups ranging from new talent to seasoned favorites when Vans Warped Tour returns to Houston. Headliners include Bowling for Soup, 3OH!3, Issues, and Reel Big Fish. Tickets range from $30 to $45, but you may find better or cheaper tickets on the TicketNetwork resale marketplace. 11am.
- Houston Halal Food Truck Festival at the plaza adjacent to Smart Financial Centre | Sunday, July 8 | No Cover – Get your fix of halal street food at this local food truck festival. Eateries include El Guajillo Food Truck, Anna’s Gourmet Greek, Mundy’s Bar B Q & Grill, Falacos, Bowled Up, Smoothie Strong, Pho-jita, The Grove Donut Truck, and Churrasco Truck Halal. 11am to 7pm.
- 4th Annual George Springer All-Star Bowling Benefit at Bowlmor Houston | Sunday, July 8 – Bowl a strike and raise money for Camp SAY, a summer camp for children who stutter, at the fourth annual George Springer All-Star Bowling Benefit. Tickets include a cocktail hour, where you can mix and mingle with Astros player George Springer and his teammates. Tickets start at $300. 7pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).