Find the can’t-miss events in Houston with our Day + Nightlife Guide for Wednesday, July 4 to Sunday, July 8, 2018.
Also in July 2018
Happening This Week
The only thing we have to fear is the fear of missing out itself.
Fear no more, we’ve got you covered with our in-the-know list of art, music, and nightlife events happening around Houston, from Wednesday through Sunday.
Day + Nightlife Guide
Independence Day, Wednesday, July 4, 2018
- July 4th at City Acre Brewing Co. | No Cover – Spend your Independence Day at City Acre Brewing Co. as they grill up an all-you-can-eat buffet of burgers, hot dogs, and potato salad. The buffet is $11. 11am.
- July 4th Block Party at Platypus Brewing | No Cover – Platypus Brewing hosts their family and dog-friendly 4th of July party with live music, craft beer, wine, BBQ, tacos and more. Noon to 11pm.
- Independence Day at Eight Row Flint | No Cover – The Heights icehouse, Eight Row Flint, will be celebrating Independence Day with $4 Eureka Heights beers, $2 jello shots, and complimentary watermelon; and since 4th of July falls on a Wednesday, that means all-day happy hour. 2pm to midnight.
- 4th Of Ju-Luau at Drink of Ages Pub | No Cover – Drink of Ages Pub hosts a 4th of July Luau filled with coconuts, pulled smoke pork tacos and sandwiches, Burt Reynolds, hula, mead cocktails, gummy bears, beer samples, and ukuleles. 4pm to 10pm.
- Raising the Steaks Wednesdays at Belle Station – Belle Station hosts the Raising the Steaks party complete with a happy hour from 4pm to 8pm, a steak dinner hour from 7pm to 11pm, and rotating DJs starting at 9pm. Cover charge at the door. 4pm.
- Dinner, Show and a Kup of Kofi at Hamburger Mary’s – Have dinner with a side of drag with a show that includes high glamour, comedy and more hosted by Kofi at Hamburger Mary’s. Menu prices vary. 7:30pm.
Thursday, July 5, 2018
- Happy Hour Thursday at MFAH | No Cover – Browse the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston and enjoy a cash bar, local DJ, and grub from a local food truck. 5pm to 8pm.
- Rock the Dock: Summer Concert Series at Kemah Boardwalk | FREE – Soak up the sun and watch live music when Kemah Boardwalk hosts their Summer Concert Series every Thursday. Each Thursday will feature a different band. 7pm to 10pm.
- Happy Hour with Beetle in Concert at The Continental Club | No Cover – Hear your favorite Beatles songs every Thursday evening with the tribute band, Beetle at The Continental Club. 7pm to 10pm.
- Throwback Hip Hop Thursdays: Don’t Sweat the Technics at Lincoln Bar Houston – Head to Lincoln Bar Houston as they pay homage to the old school hip-hop, old school house, freestyle, and ’80s retro. Cover charge at the door. 9pm.
- Songwriters Showcase with Sergio Trevino and more at McGonigel’s Mucky Duck – McGonigel’s Mucky Duck hosts a Houston Songwriter Showcase featuring music from Sergio Trevino of Buxton, Tom and Haley Lynch, and Adam Bricks. Tickets are $20 in advance; $22 at the door. 9:30pm.
Friday, July 6, 2018
- FriYAY Rose Wine Tasting at Brennan’s of Houston – Cool off and say “cheers” to summertime at Brennan’s second annual FriYAY Rose tasting. Guests can taste several rosé selections and enjoy light bites at this walk-around tasting. Tickets are $25 per person, plus tax and gratuity. 4pm to 7pm.
- Evening Market at Great Heights Brewing Company | No Cover – Enjoy a collection of Houston’s craft pop up vendors every Friday evening at Great Heights Brewing Company. 5pm.
- Thirty Seconds to Mars in Concert at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion – Rock out to a roster of songs by Thirty Seconds to Mars, fronted by Jared Leto, when they stop in Houston on the Monolith Tour. Openers include Walk the Moon, Flay, and Welshly Arms. Tickets start at $29.50. 6pm.
- Wine Down at Bagby Park | No Cover – Treat yourself to live pop music and enjoy happy hour specials at Rico’s Morning Noon Night at Bagby Park. 6pm to 9pm.
- Sharknado Movie Screening at Hotel Derek – Watch the wildly outlandish TV movie that took America by storm in 2013 while cooling off in the outdoor pool at Hotel Derek. Tickets include gourmet popcorn, one drink ticket, parking, and access to the pool. Tickets are $20. 7:30pm.
- Camp Nowhere at Revention Music Center – Bust out your summer camp gear and head to Revention Music Center for Camp Nowhere, a camp-themed festival featuring live music from Louis the Child, TroyBoi, Big Wild, and R.LUM.R. Camp cosplay is encouraged. Tickets start at $33. 9pm.
- Say Girl Say in Concert at The Continental Club – Hear the harmonies of the local duo, Say Girl Say along with special guests Tee Vee and Romina Von Mohr at The Continental Club. Tickets are $10. 9pm.
- Les Femmes DJs at The Dive | No Cover – Dance the night away with this all-female Texas DJ crew, DJ Gracie Chavez, Kay Illah, and Angiesliste at The Dive. 10pm.
Saturday, July 7, 2018
- Champagne and Yoga Pawtriotic Party at Cottonwood – Sip champagne and strike a yoga pose while your pup cheers from the sidelines at Cottonwood’s Pawtriotic Party. All proceeds will go toward K-9 Angels Rescue. Tickets start at $12. 10am to midnight.
- Saint Arnold Pub Crawl in Downtown | No Cover – Saint Arnold’s annual pub crawl in Downtown returns, with punch card pickup at Market Square Houston Park between 2pm and 3pm. Potential stops along the crawl include Houston Flying Saucer, Conservatory, OKRA Charity Saloon, Molly’s Pub, Shay Mcelroy’s Irish Pub, BirdDog Saint and more. 2pm to 7pm.
- Drink Local Art Market at Under the Radar Brewery | No Cover – Under the Radar Brewery hosts a market with plenty of local vendors, art, craft beer and more every first Saturday of the month. 4pm.
- Majic 102.1 Summer Block Party at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion – Groove to the music of top R&B artists, including Miguel, Fantasia, Ne-Yo, and Tank, when Majic 102.1 throws a summer block party at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion. Tickets start at $59.50. 5pm.
- 2 Year Celebration & Market at El Bambi | No Cover – Celebrate the 2 year anniversary of the vintage store, El Bambi with local vendors, complimentary refreshments, and a DJ. 6pm to 9pm.
- Wild Moccasins’ Look Together Album Release Show at White Oak Music Hall – Houston’s own Wild Moccasins celebrate the debut of their latest album Look Together, downstairs at White Oak Music Hall. The all ages show kicks off with opening acts Camera Cult and El Lago. Tickets are $10, before ticketing fees. 8pm.
- Got7 in Concert at NRG Arena – Catch an explosive concert from the internationally acclaimed South Korean boy band, Got7, when they bring their Eyes On You world tour to NRG Arena. Tickets start at $89. 8pm.
- The Wedding Singer Movie Screening at Bagby Park | FREE – Pack a picnic and head to Bagby Park for a free showing of the ‘90s romcom, The Wedding Singer, starring Drew Barrymore and Adam Sandler. 8pm.
Sunday, July 8, 2018
- First Anniversary at King’s BierHaus | No Cover – The Heights bierhaus will celebrate its first birth with drink and menu specials all-day, plus live music, giveaways (seven lucky fans will win free beer for a year), and the launch of its official Stein Club. 10am to 10pm.
- Vans Warped Tour ’18 at NRG Park – After 23 years, the famed Vans Warped Tour stops in Houston for the final time. With a packed lineup featuring 3OH!3, The Used, and Simple Plan, say farewell to one of the biggest music festivals in the last few decades. Tickets range from $30 to $45. 11am.
- Eado Vintage Fest: 2nd Sundays | No Cover – EaDo Vintage hosts a monthly festival featuring local vendors, artisans, food trucks and more every 2nd Sunday. Noon to 6pm.
- Hi-Fashion Dub Night at Lil’ Danny Speedo’s Go Fly a Kite Lounge | No Cover – DJ Stewart from A Fistful of Soul spins rocksteady, dub, & dancehall at Lil’ Danny Speedo’s Go Fly a Kite Lounge. 4pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).