Make sure not to miss out on these must-see shows around Houston during July 2018.
Also in July 2018
Happening This Week
Elsewhere around town, you’ll find plenty of nostalgia as multiple bands from the ’80s make their stops in Houston.
Top 10 Concerts & Live Shows to See in Houston: July 2018
- Wild Moccasins (Album Release), with Camera Cult and El Lago at White Oak Music Hall | Saturday, July 7 – Four years from their release of 88 92, the hometown Wild Moccasins return with Look Together, a tour de force that blends poppy, shimmering rhythms along with lyrics that don’t shy from deep introspection and unapologetic honesty. Join them for the album release, along with locals Camera Cult and El Lago. Tickets are $10 for the performance at White Oak’s upstairs venue. 8pm.
- Vans Warped Tour ’18 at NRG Park | Sunday, July 8 – After 23 years, the famed Vans Warped Tour stops in Houston for the final time. With a packed lineup featuring 3OH!3, The Used, and Simple Plan, say farewell to one of the biggest music festivals in the last few decades. Tickets range from $30 to $45, but you may find better or cheaper tickets on the TicketNetwork resale marketplace. 11am.
- Alison Krauss at Smart Financial Centre | Wednesday, July 11 – With 27 Grammy wins, Alison Krauss has found success across multiple genres and has paired up for duets with performers from Brad Paisley to Led Zeppelin’s Robert Plant. Tickets start at $69.50, but limited discounted $59 tickets are available or you may find better or cheaper seats on the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 8pm.
- The Suffers (Album Release), with guests at The Heights Theater | Thursday, July 12 and Friday, July 13 – For this local soul band that has exploded in recent years, it’s only appropriate that their album release stretch over back-to-back nights. Their Thursday night appearance with The Ton Tons and Friday night spot with Black Pumas promises a double-header of fun and positive vibes to celebrate their release, Everything Here. Tickets for these events start at $25 and are limited in remaining seats. 7:30pm.
- Echo & The Bunnymen, with Violent Femmes at Revention Music Center | Saturday, July 14 – Both of the historic bands on this double-bill can claim careers spanning four decades and they arrive in Houston for a night of post-punk and new wave classics as well as recent works. Tickets range from $22 to over $60, but you may find better or cheaper seats on the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7pm.
- Boy George & Culture Club, with The B-52s and Tom Bailey at Smart Financial Centre | Sunday, July 15 – A blast from the past arrives in Sugar Land as ’80s icons assemble for one night of neon-trimmed hits. From “Karma Chameleon” to “Love Shack”, there’s plenty of reason to bust out your karaoke skills. Tickets range from $59.50 to over $125, but select premium seats have been discounted to $52 to $82 and you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online resale market. 6:30pm.
- The Smashing Pumpkins, with Metric at Toyota Center | Tuesday, July 17 – For the first time in nearly 20 years, original Smashing Pumpkins members Billy Corgan, Jimmy Chamberlain, and James Iha have re-joined for a new tour that will be stopping through Houston in mid-July. Tickets range from $29 to over $125, but you may spot better or cheaper seats on the TicketNetwork online market. 7pm.
- Sugarland, with Frankie Ballard and Lindsay Eli at Smart Financial Centre | Saturday, July 21 – Sugar Land’s music venue meets country superstars Sugarland (no relation) as the multi-platinum, the chart-topping group works their way through a 48-city tour. Tickets begin at $59.50, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork resale marketplace. 7pm.
- The English Beat at The Heights Theater | Friday, July 27 – After just three studio releases in the early 80’s, The English Beat (known as The Beat overseas) have revived their musical blend of punk, ska, and new wave on a critically acclaimed return, Here We Go Love. They descend on The Heights at the end of the month for a celebrated arrival. Tickets range from $22 to $44. 7:30pm.
- Logic, with NF and Kyle at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion | Saturday, July 28 – The Grammy-nominated rapper is no stranger to critical accolades and number one albums, including his March 2018 release of the mixtape, Bobby Tarantino II. With guests 2 Chainz, Big Sean, and Wiz Khalifa, Logic has cemented his stature in the hip-hop scene. Watch him along with rising rappers NF and Kyle with tickets ranging from $25 to $94.50, but you might be able to find better or cheaper seats on the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 6:30pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).