Take your pick from a full slate of games and sports events around Houston in July 2018.
Also in July 2018
Happening This Week
With the World Cup wrapping up this month, those who still feel hyped by the summer of soccer can stake out a spot at BBVA Compass Stadium for Dynamo and Dash matches this month.
Across the Southwest Freeway, Astros fans will also get a chance to sit on the Iron Throne and let the little ones run the bases.
Make sure you’ve got a seat at some of these exciting summer sports and game events around Houston.
Top 11 Games & Sports Events This Month: July 2018
- Houston Dynamo vs. Los Angeles FC at BBVA Compass Stadium | Tuesday, July 3 – If you’ve caught the World Cup fever, then a trip to BBVA to cheer on the home team is definitely in order. The Dynamo have one defender playing in the Cup, Panama’s Adolfo Machado, to LAFC’s five players spread out among Mexico, Costa Rica, Egypt, Iran, and Belgium. Tickets for this match range from $32 to $54, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork resale marketplace. 8pm.
- TXU Energy Wings of Freedom 5K and Family Run at Karbach Brewery | Wednesday, July 4 – A great way to start your Independence Day, this 5K and Family Fun Run benefits Be An Angel, a Houston-based organization that works to improve the quality of life for children with special needs across Texas. Beginning at Karbach Brewery, participants will receive an event shirt, medal, and a free beer with a special pint glass for the first 500 registrants. Timed 5K registration begins at $30, with Fun Run registration at $15. 7:30am.
- Houston Dynamo vs. Minnesota United FC at BBVA Compass Stadium | Saturday, July 7 – In their second season, Minnesota finds themselves in a bit of a hole, trying to climb the standings. Unfortunately for them, they also sit a couple spots back in the Western Conference behind the surging Houston Dynamo. Tickets range from $29 to over $100, but you may spot better or cheaper seats on the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 8pm.
- Houston Astros vs. Chicago White Sox at Minute Maid Park | Sunday, July 8 – It’s the first ever Kids Day at Minute Maid with inflatables, face painters, catered entertainment, and even a chance to run around the bases after the game. The first 7,500 kids (12 and under) through the gates will also receive an Altuve youth replica jersey. Tickets range from $10 to over $150, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork resale marketplace. 1:10pm.
- Houston Astros vs. Oakland Athletics at Minute Maid Park | Tuesday, July 10 – Game of Thrones night at the ballpark provides fans a chance to finally sit the bladed throne – without having to fight a war. In addition to costumed characters, the throne from the set of the hit HBO show will be available to sit for a quick photo. For an additional $30, fans will also secure a Charlie Morton Ruler of the Realm bobblehead. Tickets start at $15 up to $150, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7:10pm.
- Houston Dash vs. Orlando Pride at BBVA Compass Stadium | Wednesday, July 11 – Get ready for a groovy game with ’70s night at BBVA as the Dash take on Orlando in their only home match of the month. Tickets start $19. 7:30pm.
- Harlem Globetrotters at Berry Center in Cypress | Sunday, July 15 – The basketball wizardry of the Harlem Globetrotters returns to the Houston area with a special afternoon performance in Cypress. Tickets start at $18, but you can save 25% when you enter promocode Save25 and get tickets for $14. 3pm.
- American Flag Football League Ultimate Match at BBVA Compass Stadium | Thursday, July 19 – Get an early start on football season as the first ever national flag football tournament comes to a conclusion right here in Houston. Professional athletes compete with the most talented players from America’s Team, in a high-energy, high stakes matchup. Tickets range from $10 to $40, including ticketing fees, but you can save $10 on all tickets priced $15 or above with promocode Houston365. 7pm.
- Houston Dynamo vs. FC Dallas at BBVA Compass Stadium | Saturday, July 21 – Though this I-45 rivalry has had a bit of a lull in recent years, this match leaves a critical three points up for grabs in a rekindled clash of Texan teams. Tickets to see these top Western Conference teams start at $29, but you may spot better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online market. 8pm.
- Houston Roller Derby Double-Header at Revention Music Center | Saturday, July 21 – The last regular season event before next month’s Championship Round, roller derby fans can catch the Bayou City Bosses, Brawlers, Valkyries, and Psych Ward Sirens in an exciting double-header. Tickets start at $15, but you may find better or cheaper seats on the TicketNetwork resale marketplace. 7pm.
- Houston Astros vs. Texas Rangers at Minute Maid Park | Friday, July 27 – The Lone Star Series brings the league-leading ‘Stros head-to-head with the division-worst Rangers, capped off with a special fireworks show after the game. Tickets begin at $25 up to $150, but you might find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7:10pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).