Make the most of your week with our top 10 event picks happening in Houston from Monday, June 25 to Sunday, July 1, 2018.
Also in June 2018
Happening This Week
Marvel at a team of world-class illusionists, dig into authentic Cajun cuisine, sample more than 20 types of sweet or sparkling wine, grab a hot dog and root for the home team, see Texas legend Willie Nelson in concert, and more.
Top 10 Things to Do This Week in Houston
- Houston Astros vs. Toronto Blue Jays at Minute Maid Park | Monday, June 25 to Wednesday, June 27 – Get loud for the Astros when they take the field to play the Blue Jays in a home game at Minute Maid Park. Tickets start at $8, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. Monday and Tuesday 7:10pm; Wednesday 1:10pm.
- Texas Music Festival at the UH Moores Opera House | Daily – See classical musicians from across the globe perform a series of concerts in the 29th annual Texas Music Festival. Held at the UH Moores Opera House, the festival will showcase everything from contemporary works to beloved classics. $25. Times vary.
- The Champions of Magic at Hobby Center | Thursday, June 28 to Sunday, July 1 – Witness the impossible when five world-class illusionists perform disappearances, levitation, teleportation, and a heart-stopping finale in their 2018 national tour at the Hobby Center for the Performing Arts. Tickets start at $24 but 365 readers can use the promocode Illusion50 for 50% off tickets when buying 4 or more. Times vary.
- Weezer in Concert at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion | Friday, June 29 – Rock out to headliners Weezer and The Pixies when they team up for an outdoor concert at the Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion in The Woodlands. The Wombats open the show. Tickets start at $25, but you may find better or cheaper seats on the TicketNetwork resale marketplace. 7:30pm.
- NOLA Nights at Sugar Land Town Square | Friday, June 29 – Get your fill of authentic Nawlins music and cuisine when Sugar Land Town Square hosts NOLA Nights, featuring live music by The New Orleans Hustlers Brass Band with small plates and beer from Rouxpour on the plaza. 7:30pm to 9:30pm.
- Houston Dynamo vs. Monterrey at BBVA Compass Stadium | Friday, June 29 – Cheer on the Dynamo as they play the Monterrey in a home game at BBVA Compass Stadium. Tickets start at $24, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 8pm.
- Houston Moscato Fest in Jones Plaza | Saturday, June 30 – Sip sweet and sparkling wines all evening long at the Houston Moscato Fest in Jones Plaza. Featuring more than 20 types of Moscato, the fest will also offer live music, tasty bites, and fun activities. Tickets start at $30. 5pm to 10pm.
- Chicago in Concert at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion | Saturday, June 30 – Jam out to blasting trumpets, glorious guitars and all or your favorite music by Chicago and REO Speedwagon during their live concert at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion. Tickets start at $29.50. 7:30pm.
- Dirty Projectors in Concert at White Oak Music Hall | Saturday, June 30 – Hear inventive harmonies and arrangements from the Dirty Projectors when they perform in the downstairs room at White Oak Music Hall in support of their July release, Lamp Lit Prose. Tickets start at $25, but you may spot better or cheaper tickets on the TicketNetwork online market. 8pm.
- Outlaw Music Festival at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion | Sunday, July 1 – Texas legend Willie Nelson joins fellow musicians Sturgill Simpson, The Head and the Heart, Ryan Bingham, and more at Outlaw Music Festival in Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion. Tickets start at $35, but you may find cheaper, better, or hard-to-find seats on TicketNetwork’s resale marketplace. 2:30pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).