Find the can’t-miss events in Houston with our Day + Nightlife Guide for Wednesday, June 27 to Sunday, July 1, 2018.
Also in July 2018
Happening This Week
The only thing we have to fear is the fear of missing out itself.
Fear no more, we’ve got you covered with our in-the-know list of art, music, and nightlife events happening around Houston, from Wednesday through Sunday.
Day + Nightlife Guide
Wednesday, June 27, 2018
- Raising the Steaks Wednesdays at Belle Station – Belle Station hosts the Raising the Steaks party complete with a happy hour from 4pm to 8pm, a steak dinner hour from 7pm to 11pm, and rotating DJs starting at 9pm. Cover charge at the door. 4pm.
- Jazz Wednesdays at Axelrad | No Cover – Axelrad hosts Jazz Wednesdays every week with a dynamic rotation of local jazz musicians at their beer garden. 6pm.
- Stars in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – Nearly twenty years into their career, the Canadian indie-pop group Stars is still in their rhythm. Their late-2017 release, There Is No Love in Fluorescent Light, is the ninth studio album and reviews back up the simple fact that they still have their groove. Tickets start at $18. 7pm.
- John Egan in Concert at La Grange | FREE – Singer-songwriter John Egan plays an outdoor concert on La Grange’s casual patio. 7pm.
- Screwfest at Spire Houston – Spire nightclub hosts a night celebrating screw culture featuring music from Lil Keke, Lil Flip, ESG and more. Tickets range from $20 to $200. 7pm to 10pm.
- Walking Dead Trivia at Your Pie – Do your best zombie walk over to Your Pie in Downtown for their Walking Dead Trivia night. There will be weekly prizes of $50 in Your Pie Certificates and a grand prize of a pizza party for 20 to the team with most cumulative points in June. Players can get a “Build-your-own” pizza and a beer for $12.99. 7:30pm to 9:30pm.
- Comedy Show at Alley Kat Bar & Lounge – Sketch City Houston hosts an evening of improv, brand new, and live music sketches at Alley Kat Bar & Lounge. Cover charge is $10. 8pm to 10pm.
Thursday, June 28, 2018
- Cultured Cocktails with Sculpture Month Houston at Bar Boheme | No Cover – Join Fresh Arts for drinks and conversation at Boheme Cafe & Wine Bar when a portion of the proceeds from all drink sales during the happy hour will go to support Sculpture Month Houston. 5pm to 8pm.
- The Black Dahlia Murder in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – The eighth studio album from death metal superstars The Black Dahlia Murder has garnered universal praise from major outlets and a lot of enthusiasm for their sprawling national tour. Watch the group perform cuts off Nightbringers as well as past releases at White Oak’s downstairs room. Whitechapel, Aversions Crown and more bands open the show. Tickets start at $25. 6pm.
- Rock the Dock: Summer Concert Series at Kemah Boardwalk | FREE – Soak up the sun and watch live music when Kemah Boardwalk hosts their Summer Concert Series every Thursday. Each Thursday will feature a different band. 7pm to 10pm.
- La Luz in Concert at Rockefellers Houston – Catch the Los Angeles-based surf rock band, La Luz with openers Summer Twins and Mantra Love at Rockefellers Houston. Tickets start at $12. 7pm.
- Dale Watson with Celine Lee in Concert at Discovery Green | FREE – Kick back for a family-friendly concert by local talents Dale Watson and Celine Lee as UHD presents free concerts every Thursday at Discovery Green. 7pm to 9pm.
- Harry Potter Trivia at Great Heights Brewing – Witches and wizards can come together for an evening of Harry Potter Trivia at Great Heights Brewing. Tickets start at $6. 7pm to 9:30pm.
- Happy Hour with Beetle in Concert at The Continental Club | No Cover – Hear your favorite Beatles songs every Thursday evening with the tribute band, Beetle at The Continental Club. 7pm to 10pm.
- Rose Ette in Concert at Shoeshine Charley’s Big Top Lounge – Local indie pop band Rose Ette headlines this show with special guest openers Karen Meat and Dana T at Shoeshine Charley’s Big Top Lounge. Cover charge at the door. 8pm.
- Thursday Pop-Up with Chef Ben McPherson at Glitter Karaoke | No Cover – Eat some delicious Italian food when Chef Ben McPherson of BOH Pasta cooks at Glitter Karaoke for their Thursday Pop-Up. 8pm.
- Pretty in Pink Movie Screening at Market Square Park | FREE – See an outdoor screening of the John Hughes classic Pretty in Pink starring Molly Ringwald at Market Square Park. 8:30pm.
- Thursday Karaoke at JR’s Houston | No Cover – Sing out to your favorite songs as the LGBT-friendly nightclub, JR’s host their Thursday Karaoke Night. 9pm.
Friday, June 29, 2018
- Listen Local: Music on the Plaza at The Brown Foundation Plaza | FREE – Enjoy the MFAH’s new summer music series on Friday evenings in their new outdoor space, The Brown Foundation, Inc. Plaza. On selected Friday evenings, visit to grab a bite from the night’s food truck and enjoy live music by local bands and musicians. 5pm.
- TGIF Happy Hour with DJ AD at The Flat | No Cover – Head to The Flat for throwback hip-hop with DJ AD, half-off pizza, and drink specials for happy hour. 6pm.
- Keto Mixer & Potluck at The Secret Group | No Cover – Keto dieters and advocates are invited to The Secret Group for the keto mixer and potluck. Bring your favorite keto dish and enter the recipe contest. 6pm to 9pm.
- Narcons at Vinal Edge Records | No Cover – This free local show brings together Houston musicians from all over highlighted by Narcons, a “space punk” band with members of By The End of Tonight, Young Mammals, and Black Congress. 7pm to 9pm.
- Shakey Graves in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – The Americana singer-songwriter, Shakey Graves lands in Houston for a stop in support of his acclaimed May 2018 album, Can’t Wake Up. Paul Cauthen opens the show. Tickets start at $25. 7pm.
- Stars & Stripes at Howl at the Moon – Celebrate the 4th of July weekend with lots of dancing, drinks, giveaways and more at Howl at the Moon. Cover charge at the door. 7pm.
- Weezer and The Pixies in Concert at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion – The iconic rock bands, Weezer and The Pixies, co-headline a concert at the Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion in The Woodlands. The Wombats open the show. Tickets start at $25. 7:30pm.
- ComedySportz Match Family-Friendly Improv Show at CSz Arena – If you like the TV show Whose Line Is It Anyway? then you’ll enjoy ComedySportz Houston, a fast-paced comedy show that’s suitable for the whole family, now running at the CSz Arena in EaDo. Tickets are $20, but you may find limited discounted tickets for $10. 8pm.
- Classic Numbers: Every Friday at Numbers Nightclub – Go back to the ’80s and hear hits from The Smiths, The Cure, Blondie and more every Friday night at the always eclectic, Numbers Nightclub in Montrose. Cover charge at the door. 9pm.
- Kinda Super Disco: DJ tINI at The Dive – Known as Germany’s most highly acclaimed female artists in techno and house music, tINI spins at The Dive. Tickets are $10. 10pm.
- DJ EDX at Clé Houston – Catch beats from the Swiss-Italian DJ, producer EDX at the Clé Houston lounge in Midtown. Tickets are $10. 10pm.
Saturday, June 30, 2018
- Cultural Crawl Houston in Montrose – Eat, drink, and explore Houston’s culture during this bar crawl founded by three black creatives from Washington D.C., whose aim was to create a safe and inclusive space where individuals and groups can discover their city. You can register at Brasil Cafe. Tickets start at $15. 2pm.
- 2018 Rock N Roll Extravaganza at Lucky’s Pub – Rock out to live music from three cover bands before watching the 11th annual US Air Guitar Houston Championship Qualifier at Lucky’s Pub. Tickets are $15. 3pm.
- In Conversation: Dario Robleto with Wild Moccasins at Inman Gallery | FREE –Zahira Gutierrez and Cody Swann of Houston indie-pop outfit Wild Moccasins join artist Dario Robleto at Inman Gallery for a discussion about their collaboration on the artwork for the band’s forthcoming album, Look Together. Light refreshments will be provided at the gallery. Admission is free; seating is limited. 5pm to 7pm.
- Artísticas Fest: Veranó Edition at Wonky Power Live | No Cover – The Summer edition of Artísticas Fest brings local Latinas with talents ranging from poetry, dance, painting, clothing design and more for a show at Wonky Power Live. 5pm.
- Houston Moscato Fest in Jones Plaza – Sip sweet and sparkling wines all evening long at the Houston Moscato Fest in Jones Plaza. Featuring more than 20 types of Moscato, the fest will also offer live music, tasty bites, and fun activities. Tickets start at $30. 5pm to 10pm.
- Trixie Mattel at House of Blues – Singer, comedian, and winner RuPaul’s Drag Race All Stars 3, Trixie Mattel comes to House of Blues for a raucous night of boisterous style and edgy laughs. Tickets range from $24.50 to over $100. 7pm.
- Chicago in Concert at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion – Jam out to blasting trumpets, glorious guitars and all or your favorite music by Chicago and REO Speedwagon during their live concert at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion. Tickets start at $29.50. 7:30pm.
- Robert Earl Keen in Concert at The Redneck Country Club – Catch a show from Houston native Robert Earl Keen, known for his acclaimed career in country music, at The Redneck Country Club in Stafford. Tickets start at $55. 8pm.
- The Late Show: Bathtub Full of Gin at Prohibition Supperclub – Step into the Roaring ’20s, when skirts were short and booze was a secret pleasure. Bathtub Full of Gin is Terrible Enfant’s Theatre Company’s new spectacular immersive dance party series, where evocative theatre performances combine with high energy electro swing music. Tickets are $20 for standing; $35 for seated, but limited, discounted $10 standing tickets are available for most shows. 11:30pm.
Sunday, July 1, 2018
- Houston VHS Swap Sunday at Insomnia Gallery | FREE – VHS cassette lovers can come to Insomnia Gallery to trade for new movies at this Swap Sunday. There will be vendors, artists, raffle prizes, food, drinks, and it’s BYOB. 1pm to 5pm.
- Outlaw Music Festival at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion – Texas legend Willie Nelson joins fellow musicians Sturgill Simpson, The Head and the Heart, Ryan Bingham and more at Outlaw Music Festival in Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion. Tickets start at $35. 2:30pm.
- Mario Kart 64 League at Craft Beer Cellar Houston – Every other Sunday, Craft Beer Cellar Houston hosts a Mario Kart 64 league with Eureka Heights Brewery. Make a team and play the classic game for different prizes. $3 entry per heat. There will be two heats, one at 4pm and one at 6pm.
- Slightly Stoopid in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – Kick back on the lawn at White Oak Music Hall for a performance from Slightly Stoopid, joined by Stick Figure and Pepper, for the School’s Out For Summer 2018 Tour. Tickets start at $25. 5:30pm.
- Tropical Sundays & Will Van Horn Trio in Concert at Axelrad | No Cover – Enjoy a fun day mixed with Tropicalia, Hawaiian inspired, and upbeat tunes with music by Houston’s Will Van Horn Trio at Axelrad. 7pm.
- Sean McConnell in Concert at The Heights Theater – See a performance from the folk and country singer-songwriter Sean McConnell with special guest openers Motel Radio at The Heights Theater. Tickets start at $24. 7:30pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).