Celebrate the Fourth of July with fireworks, parades, concerts and more on Independence Day, Wednesday, July 4, 2018.
Also in July 2018
Top 8 Plays & Arts Performances
Happening This Week
Nightlife in Houston This Week
Independence Day, Wednesday, July 4, 2018
- No DWI – Free Sober Rides on Fourth of July Weekend | FREE – The program is simple. Make the right choice to take a taxi or use a ride-sharing service to get home if you’ve been drinking, pay for it up front, and the law firm Sutliff & Stout will reimburse you for it via PayPal. The offer is valid from 5pm on Independence Day, Wednesday, July 4, 2018, through 10am on Thursday, July 5, 2018.
- 4th of July Parade at Market Street in The Woodlands | FREE – Join more than 20,000 spectators along the 1.3-mile parade route through Market Street and celebrate with more than 150 floats including color guard, federal, state, and local elected officials and dignitaries, marching bands, fire engines, street performers and more. 9am to 11am.
- July 4: An American Tradition at George Ranch Historical Park – Bring the whole family to enjoy a fun-filled day celebrating our country’s birthday with some old-fashioned gameplay. Try your hand at a variety of historic games and take a scavenger hunt through time as you pick up clues across the Park. There will also be a July 4th feast as well as the 5th annual cobbler-eating contest. Cost for the meal is $15 for adults ages 13 and older; $12 for children ages 5 to 12; and $4 for children 4 and under. 9am to 4pm.
- 4th of July Parade and Festival at Bellaire Parks and Recreation | FREE – The City of Bellaire hosts its Fourth of July Parade and Festival with a parade of local school bands, floats, scout troops, and classic cars all decorated in the spirit of July 4th. Enjoy the festival in Bellaire Town Square immediately after the parade featuring food, music, and games. 9:30am to 1pm.
- 4th of July Celebration in Friendswood | FREE – The City of Friendswood hosts their 123rd Annual 4th of July Celebration featuring a grand parade that concludes at Stevenson Park. After the parade, you can enjoy rides, games, food, and entertainment. There will be a fireworks display starting at 9:20pm. 10am.
- Kidpendence Day at Children’s Museum of Houston – Join Captain America and the Founding Fathers and wear red, white, and blue for this 4th of July celebration at the Children’s Museum of Houston. This event is included with general admission to the museum. 10am to 5pm.
- July 4th at City Acre Brewing Co. near Oak Forest – Spend your Independence Day at City Acre Brewing Co. as they grill up an all-you-can-eat buffet of burgers, hot dogs, and potato salad. The buffet is $11 per person. 11am to 5pm.
- July 4th Block Party at Platypus Brewing on Washington Avenue | No Cover – Update 7/4/18: Confirmed. The party will go on. Platypus Brewing hosts their family and dog-friendly 4th of July party with live music, craft beer, wine, BBQ, tacos and more. Noon to 11pm.
- Fourth of July Snow & Ice Celebration at Memorial City | FREE – Stay cool this Independence Day at the Fourth of July Snow & Ice Celebration at Memorial City. Escape the heat by making snowmen, snow angels, and playing in 30,000 lbs of snow. 1pm to 4pm.
- 4th of July Jamboree at Smith Ranch in Katy – Update 7/4/18: This event is still happening. Bring the whole family to Katy for the annual 4th of July Jamboree and enjoy celebrating with lots of fun activities, food, and firework show. Tickets are $10 per person. 2pm to 9pm.
- July 4th Festival and Fireworks at Town Center Park in Kingwood | FREE – Make your way to Kingwood for a July 4th Festival featuring live music, DJs, vendors, food trucks, and fireworks. 3pm to 9pm.
- 4th Fest at The Pasadena Convention Center and Municipal Fairgrounds | FREE – The City of Pasadena Parks & Recreation hosts their 4th Fest featuring food vendors, activities for the kids, BBQ, and plenty of live music. 4pm to 10pm.
- 4th Of Ju-Luau at Drink of Ages Pub in Montrose | No Cover – Update 7/4/18: Confirmed. Drink of Ages Pub hosts a 4th of July Luau filled with coconuts, pulled smoke pork tacos and sandwiches, Burt Reynolds, hula, mead cocktails, gummy bears, beer samples, and ukuleles. 4pm to 10pm.
- Freedom Over Texas at Eleanor Tinsley Park in Downtown – Update 7/4/18: The festival has been canceled, but the fireworks show will carry on at 9:35pm. The Annual Freedom Over Texas returns to Eleanor Tinsley Park with musical act Chris Young and a firework display to end the night. Tickets are $8. 4pm to 10pm.
- July 4th Bash at LaCenterra at Cinco Ranch | FREE – This July 4th celebration will feature live music performances by Velvet Touch, Buck Yeager Band, and Level One Band, an interactive kids zone, and a firework show to end the night. 5pm to 9:30pm.
- July 4th Parade in Baytown | FREE – The Baytown Parks and Recreation Department presents their annual July 4th Parade down Market Street and Lee Drive. Festive floats, military vehicles, classic cars, and local dance and cheer groups, and school bands will display their patriotism while decorated in red, white, and blue. 5:30pm to 6:30pm.
- July 4 Fireworks & Concert at Kings-Harbor in Kingwood | FREE – Update 7/4/18: This event was canceled due to today’s heavy rains. Celebrate Independence Day with the family at Kings Harbor and enjoy a concert by TC & The Cannonballs and a fireworks spectacular off of the pier beginning at 9:30pm.7pm to 10pm.
- Independence Day Fireworks Spectacular at CityCentre | FREE – Update 7/4/18: This event has been canceled due to today’s rains, including the fireworks show. CityCentre hosts their 4th of July event with music from the Texas Unlimited Band and a 15-minute fireworks spectacular beginning at 9:30pm. 7pm to 11pm.
- 179th City of Galveston Celebration Independence Day Parade and Fireworks – Galveston Island celebrates its annual Independence Day with a parade featuring a procession of floats, decorated military vehicles, and performers. After the parade, the island will host a 20-minute fireworks show over the Gulf of Mexico at 9:15pm near 37th Street and Seawall Boulevard. 7:30pm.
- Summer Symphony Nights: A Star Spangled Salute at Miller Outdoor Theater | FREE – Update 7/4/18: The show and fireworks are confirmed to go on despite today’s rain. The Houston Symphony presents a 90-minute patriotic program, with rousing orchestral scores and performances. Fireworks over Hermann Park follow the performance. Show 8:30pm; fireworks 10pm.
- Fourth of July Celebration at Kemah Boardwalk | FREE – Update 7/4/18: This event is confirmed and will still take place. Kemah Boardwalk hosts their 4th of July celebration with live music and a Patriotic fireworks show over the Galveston Bay. 9:30pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
You can find more fun in our interactive event calendar and 365 Weekend Guides.
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).
Click here to sign up for free.