Stake out a spot to watch your team lift the 21st World Cup at these watch parties and events around Houston happening now and throughout June and July 2018.
Also in July 2018
Happening This Week
The 2018 FIFA World Cup has arrived and whether you’re up before the sun for a 5am kickoff or settling in for the lunch hour matches, there’s a seat for you at many places around town.
The Group Stage of the tournament is in full swing, with matches being played every day through June 28. Knock-out rounds begin on Saturday, June 30 and play through Sunday, July 15, 2018, with occasional days off.
Take a glance at the World Cup schedule, slip on a jersey, and head to one of these spots to cheer on your favorite teams.
Ongoing World Cup 2018 Watch Parties
- Houston Dynamo Official Watch Parties – The hometown team is hosting watch parties at multiple venues around town for big matches during the Group Stage. Click here for more info on party listings, including beer specials and Dynamo giveaways.
- McIntyre’s in the Heights – Just off 20th street, this new TV-packed bar opens early for select games to view inside and out on the patio. Click here to check their Facebook for the opening schedule.
- Lucky’s Pub in EaDo – Open for every match that kicks off after 6am, this popular near-Downtown spot will have food and drink specials during matches. Throughout the morning and afternoon soccer, Lucky’s will be kid-friendly until 9pm; 21 and older only after 9pm.
- Little Woodrow’s Locations Around Houston – From Shepherd Drive to Katy and all of their multiple locations around Houston, Little Woodrow’s will have watch parties beginning for the 10am matches.
- Pitch 25 in EaDo – Houston Dynamo legend Brian Ching has opened his new indoor soccer-slash-bar just a block from BBVA Compass Stadium and will be open for all World Cup matches (even the 5am ones). Table reservations can be booked through their Facebook for select matches and keep your eyes peeled for more upcoming events.
- Bar Munich in Midtown – The German-themed bar is primed for raucous celebrations with the defending champions Germany expected to go deep in the tournament. They’ll be open for most matches beginning as early as 8am. Click here to check out their schedule for more kickoff details.
- Richmond Arms in West Houston – Just outside of the 610 loop, this traditional British pub is known to pack shoulder-to-shoulder for World Cup matches and this year is no different. Open as early as 4:30am on some days, Richmond Arms will carry every match.
- The Phoenix in Montrose – The Westheimer-area pub is a popular soccer spot and will be open for every match, including replays later at night. With an air-conditioned patio and overflow seating, you’ll be sure to have a seat.
- El Big Bad in Downtown – Open for select matches, usually around lunchtime, this bar specializing in tequila may open doors earlier, depending on the match. Keep an eye on their schedule to be sure before you head out.
- King’s Court in EaDo – One of the few spots open for early matches, King’s Court provides an all-soccer, all-the-time atmosphere in the shadow of BBVA Compass Stadium. Select matches will have drink specials and live DJs.
World Cup-inspired Dinner & Specials
- Jax Grill in the Washington Corridor and in Bellaire – At both of Houston locations, fans wearing their team’s jersey will receive Happy Hour drink pricing and 25% off small plates (including chips and queso, fajita nachos, and quesadillas).
- Bosscat Kitchen and Libations near River Oaks – Just outside Highland Village, this sprawling eatery hosts a Colombia-themed brunch on June 24 during the Colombia vs. Denmark match at 1pm. Plates include empanadas and other Colombian bites, as well as the signature Colombian drink, the aguardiente.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).