Make the most of your week with our top 15 event picks happening in Houston from Monday, June 18 to Sunday, June 24, 2018.
Also in June 2018
Happening This Week
Discover delicious Mexican food recipes from the Enchilada Queen herself, taste and learn about Japanese whiskies, crack up at an all-star comedic duo, enjoy a mysterious stage play, show your LGBT Pride, and more.
Top 15 Things to Do This Week in Houston
- Houston Astros vs. Tampa Bay Rays at Minute Maid Park | Monday, June 18 to Wednesday, June 20 – Get loud for the Astros when they take the field to play the Rays in a home game at Minute Maid Park. Tickets start at $8, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 7:10pm nightly.
- Father’s Day St. George Tasting at Reserve 101 | Wednesday, June 20 – Sip fine whiskey with St. George Master Distiller and President Lance Winters when Reserve 101 hosts this special Father’s Day tasting event. $20. 6:30pm to 9pm.
- Dave Chappelle & Jon Stewart at Smart Financial Centre | Thursday, June 21 and Friday, June 22 – Don’t miss a hilarious show featuring two of the biggest names in comedy, Jon Stewart and Dave Chappelle, at Smart Financial Centre. Tickets start at $69.75, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s online resale market. Click here for more information. 7pm.
- Museum of Dysfunction at Chelsea Market | Thursday, June 21 to Saturday, June 30 – Enjoy 20 unique theatrical works from women writers across the country at this annual festival. Presented by Mildred’s Umbrella, the Museum of Dysfunction reflects the company’s desire to promote the work of women in the performing arts. 8pm nightly.
- Caught at Redbud Gallery | Thursday, June 21 to Saturday, June 30 – Explore the concepts of truth and cultural appropriation as Landing Theatre Company presents Caught, a compelling story of art and social justice, at Redbud Gallery. Tickets start at $25. 8pm nightly.
- David, the Best Slinger in the West at A.D. Players | Through Friday, June 22 – Take a seat for David, the Best Slinger in the West, which tell the Biblical story of David and Goliath with a Western twist, presented by A.D. Players. Tickets are $20. 10:30am daily.
- Houston Dash vs. Portland Thorns FC at BBVA Compass Stadium | Friday, June 22 – Cheer on the Dash as they play the Portland Thorns FC in a home game at BBVA Compass Stadium. Tickets start at $19, but you may find better or cheaper seats on the TicketNetwork online resale marketplace. 7:30pm.
- Big 3 Basketball at Toyota Center | Friday, June 22 – Don’t let the end of the professional basketball season get you down—NBA stars Cuttino Mobley, Chauncey Billups, and Metta World Peace are heading to Houston for this annual three-on-three basketball league with hometown hero Clyde Drexler as commissioner. Tickets start at $25. 6:30pm.
- Holmes and Watson at the Alley Theatre | Starts Friday, June 22 – Crack codes and solve mysteries during this Sherlock Holmes adventure presented by the Alley Theatre. The performance follows Holmes’ trusty sidekick, Watson, as he seeks the true story of Holmes’ death three years prior. Tickets start at $26. 8pm nightly.
- Houston Astros vs. Kansas City Royals at Minute Maid Park | Friday, June 22 to Sunday, June 24 – Get loud for the Astros when they take the field to play the Royals in a home game at Minute Maid Park. Tickets start at $21, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. Friday 7:10pm; Saturday 6:15pm; Sunday 6:35pm.
- Swan Lake at Jones Hall for the Performing Arts | Saturday, June 23 – Take a seat for the Houston Ballet’s rendition of a timeless love story as they perform Swan Lake at Jones Hall. Tickets start at $25. Saturday 7:30pm; Sunday 2pm.
- Houston LGBT & Pride 2018 Celebration in Downtown | Saturday, June 23 – Join more than 700,000 people in downtown Houston to show your LGBT Pride at an all-day celebration that includes a festival, parade, and plenty of after parties. Noon to 11pm.
- South Texas Backyard Grilling Class at Sylvia’s Enchilada Kitchen | Saturday, June 23 – Learn how to prepare your favorite Mexican dishes from Chef-owner Sylvia Casares of Sylvia’s Enchilada Kitchen. Recipes include beef fajitas, homestyle potato salad, flour tortillas, salsa, Mexican-style grilled corn, rice, and beans. $65. 1pm to 4pm.
- Slim Thug at BFE Rock Club | Saturday, June 23 – Jam out to rap music from Houston native Slim Thug and DJ Massiv when they take the stage at BFE Rock Club in Cy-Fair. $30. 8pm.
- Japanese Whiskey 101 at Public Services Wine & Whisky | Saturday, June 23 – Get to know the ins and outs of Japanese Whiskey when Public Services Wine & Whisky hosts an educational class focused on two specific blends, Suntory and Nikka. $65. 2pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).