Make the most of your week with our top 11 things to do with kids in Houston, from Monday, June 18 to Sunday, June 24, 2018.
Also in June 2018
Happening This Week
Top 11 Things to Do with Kids This Week in Houston
- Circus Arts at Discovery Green | Tuesday, June 19 | FREE – Circus Arts is a class that consists of ground arts and ground acrobatics such as contortion/flexibility, low tight wire, partner acrobatics, juggling, and hand balancing. Guests must be 13 and up for class. 6pm to 8pm.
- Children’s Bingo Night at Levy Park | Wednesday, June 20 | FREE – Bring the kids to play a 30-minute outdoor game of bingo at Levy Park. 4:30pm.
- Summer Bonus Open Studio Series at CAMH | Thursday, June 21 – The Contemporary Arts Museum, Houston hosts their Summer Open Studios, a drop-in workshop with hands-on activities related to current exhibitions for creatives of all ages. Each Thursday will be a different theme. 2pm.
- Enchanted Clubhouse Events presents A Super Magical Experience at The Cypress Alamo | Thursday, June 21 – Spend a fun-filled day with the whole family when Enchanted Clubhouse Events presents A Super Magical Experience at The Cypress Alamo. Experience a one-of-a-kind event with balloon animals, face painting, a photo booth, sweet treats, door prizes, light appetizers, and plenty of other magical activities for the kids. Tickets are $35 for children ages 3 and under; $45 for children 4 and over. 3pm to 5:30pm.
- Rainbow on the Green at Discovery Green | Friday, June 22 – Celebrate Pride at the family-friendly annual city-wide LGBT celebration at Discovery Green with electrifying entertainment and some of Houston’s best drag performers. Rainbow on the Green will feature performances by Edward Salles, The Patternist, and Deborah Cox. 6pm to 10pm.
- Young Writers Workshop at Discovery Green | Saturday, June 23 | FREE – Writers in the Schools and the Houston Public Library Express offer a free writing workshop for students in 2nd through 8th grade at Discovery Green park. Limited to 25 students per workshop. 10:30am to 11:30am.
- Wonderland Family Playhouse in Downtown | Saturday, June 24 – Brought to you by Playhouse on the Prairie, in collaboration with Conservatory and Prohibition Theatre, this family event includes kids activities at Conservatory from 11am to 3pm and a production of Alice! at Prohibition Theatre at noon. Tickets are $20 for the play. 11am.
- Pinkalicious The Musical at Main Street Theater | Saturday, June 23 – Bring the kiddos to see a production of Pinkalicious, a delightful musical based on the popular book by Elizabeth and Victoria Kann on being yourself and the importance of healthy eating at Main Street Theater. There will two performances on Saturdays at 11am and 2pm and two performances on Sundays at 12:30pm and 3:30pm.
- Summer Family “Campout” at Sugar Land Town Square | Saturday, June 23 – Explore an interactive campsite featuring tents, games, s’mores, and lawn fishing at Sugar Land Town Square’s Summer Family Campout. Families can also learn how to cast a fishing pole, or hop on a kayak or hybrid paddleboard. 5pm to 8pm.
- Despicable Me 3 Movie Screening at Discovery Green | Saturday, June 23 | FREE – Take the family out for an outdoor screening of Despicable Me 3 at Discovery Green park. You may arrive early for a contest and activities. 8:30pm.
- Sunday Movie Nights: Beauty and the Beast Movie Screening at Galveston Island Historic Pleasure Pier | Sunday, June 24 – Bring the whole family out for an outdoor movie screening of Beauty and the Beast this summer at the Galveston Island Historic Pleasure Pier. 8pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).