Fill your calendar with these live shows and concerts around Houston for the week of Monday, June 18 to Sunday, June 24, 2018.
Indie rock around Houston is thriving this week with a handful of bands flowing through town on tour.
You can also catch set of rocking blues musicians (for free), a rare jazz vocal talent, and a double-headlining set in The Woodlands.
Top 9 Live Shows & Concerts in Houston This Week
- La Luz, with Summer Twins and Mantra Love at Rockefellers | Monday, June 18 – The all-female “surf noir” group has released their third studio album, Floating Features, and continues an energetic tour with a stop in Houston. Tickets start at $12. 7pm.
- Hockey Dad, with Cold Fronts and Mt. Eddy at White Oak Music Hall | Tuesday, June 19 – The Australian surf rock band calls back to the ’60s garage era with crunching guitars, splashy drumming, and wavy vocals that would make the beach jealous. Tickets begin at $13, but you may spot better or cheaper tickets using the TicketNetwork resale market. 7pm.
- Jesse McCartney at House of Blues | Wednesday, June 20 – The former boy band star and actor arrives in Houston on the heels of his first single release in four years, “Better With You”. Tickets start at $25, but you may find better or cheaper seats on the TicketNetwork online market. 7pm.
- Ruthie Foster, with The Peterson Brothers at Discovery Green | Thursday, June 21 | FREE – The blues and folk singer-songwriter from Texas plays a free show at downtown’s Discovery Green. The award-winning Foster will be joined by The Peterson Brothers, an Austin outfit that smoothes over blues and soul with a modern voice. 7pm.
- Shinyribs, with VODI at The Heights Theater | Friday, June 22 – This week brings the free-spirited, flamboyant musical stylings of Shinyribs – a group known for blending country and soul into what might be called “swamp funk”. They’ll be joined by locals VODI. Tickets are $20. 8pm.
- Slim Thug at BFE Rock Club | Saturday, June 23 – Houston’s very own Slim Thug lands in the Cy-Fair venue for a rap performance with DJ Massiv on the decks. Tickets are $30. 8pm.
- Ke$ha, with Macklemore at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion | Saturday, June 23 – With Kesha’s recent release, Rainbow, and Macklemore’s Gemini, the two have hit the road for the co-headlining Adventures of Kesha and Macklemore tour. Tickets range from $30.50 to $139, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork resale market. 7pm.
- Caroline Rose, with Cardioid at White Oak Music Hall | Saturday, June 23 – The witty, biting sarcasm found in Caroline Rose’s latest album, Loner, is reflective, fun, and fresh. Her live shows manage to translate that enthusiasm and offer memorable displays. Tickets begin at $10, but you may find better or cheaper tickets using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 8pm.
- Diana Krall at Smart Financial Centre | Saturday, June 23 – Known for her contralto vocals (the lowest range among female vocalists), Diana Krall stops by Sugar Land for one night of jazz piano and sultry-smooth singing. Tickets range from $59.50 to $99.50, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale market. 8pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).