Find the can’t-miss events in Houston with our Day + Nightlife Guide for Wednesday, June 20 to Sunday, June 24, 2018.
Happening This Week
Also in June 2018
The only thing we have to fear is the fear of missing out itself.
Fear no more, we’ve got you covered with our in-the-know list of art, music, and nightlife events happening around Houston, from Wednesday through Sunday.
Day + Nightlife Guide
- Dave Chappelle & Jon Stewart at Smart Financial Centre | Thursday to Friday – Comedy juggernauts Dave Chappelle and Jon Stewart will share the stage on an exclusive, limited run of shows bringing the two legends together at the Smart Financial Centre at Sugar Land. Tickets start at $69.75, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s online resale market. 7pm each night.
- Bob’s Burgers Tribute Art Show at Texas Art Asylum | Saturday and Sunday | No Cover – Celebrate the hilarious animated sitcom, Bob’s Burgers with some fan made art at Texas Art Asylum. Times vary.
Wednesday, June 20, 2018
- Raising the Steaks Wednesdays at Belle Station – Belle Station hosts the Raising the Steaks party complete with a happy hour from 4pm to 8pm, a steak dinner hour from 7pm to 11pm, and rotating DJs starting at 9pm. Cover charge at the door. 4pm.
- Jazz Wednesdays at Axelrad | No Cover – Axelrad hosts Jazz Wednesdays every week with a dynamic rotation of local jazz musicians at their beer garden. 6pm.
- Father’s Day St. George Tasting at Reserve 101 – Reserve 101 hosts a special Father’s Day tasting event with St. George Master Distiller and President, Lance Winters. Tickets are $20 per person with 100% of the proceeds going to Rescued Pets Movement. 6:30pm to 9pm.
- Pride 40: Rock the Runway at Audi Central Houston | No Cover – Enjoy an open bar and tasty bites at this event that features some of Houston’s runway models walking the catwalk in this summer’s latest styles in casual wear, ladies evening wear and more. All proceeds go to support keeping the Houston Pride Festival. Free to attend. VIP tickets are $25. 7pm to 10pm.
- Walking Dead Trivia at Your Pie – Do your best zombie walk over to Your Pie in Downtown for their Walking Dead Trivia night. There will be weekly prizes of $50 in Your Pie Certificates and a grand prize of a pizza party for 20 to the team with most cumulative points in June. Players can get a “Build-your-own” pizza and a beer for $12.99. 7:30pm to 9:30pm.
- Kickin’ It Country: Free Wednesday Night Concerts at Kemah Boardwalk | FREE – Country music lovers can enjoy a free Wednesday night concert with different country music bands at Kemah Boardwalk. Click here to check the schedule of music. 8pm.
- Fear the Queer Presents RTR Afterparty at Numbers Nightclub – As part of Pride Houston, Fear the Queer presents an exciting show filled with fashion, drag performers and more at Numbers Nightclub. Cover charge at the door. 10pm.
Thursday, June 21, 2018
- 19th Street Third Thursdays Sip & Stroll | FREE – Shop at the 19th Street Heights boutiques and enjoy complimentary cocktails in store plus monthly features during the Sip & Stroll event. 5pm to 9pm.
- Blanket Bingo at Market Square Park – Bring your blanket, lawn chairs or snag one of the tables at the park for a night of music, great prizes and of course, bingo. $10 admission includes one bingo packet (approx 9 games). Additional games and daubers can be purchased for $1 each. 6pm.
- Steak Night at Eureka Heights Brew Co – Chef Daniel Ajtai prepares a 12 oz Korean marinated ribeye over homemade aged kimchi fried rice paired with beer at Eureka Heights Brew Co. Dinner is $18 per person. 6pm.
- After Dark: Sip & Sea at Houston Zoo – The Houston Zoo hosts the second installment of their event, After Dark: Sip & Sea where guests 21 and older can enjoy the zoo from 6pm to 10pm. Sip on wine by the reflection pool and learn about the zoo’s aquatic animals. Tickets are $35 per person. 6pm to 10pm.
- Live Art Bar at Four Seasons Hotel | No Cover – Catch live art performances during this interactive series every third Thursday at the Four Seasons Hotel. Enjoy cocktail specials, get to know the artists and even become an artist for the day. 6pm.
- Buxton in Concert at McGonigel’s Mucky Duck – Catch a performance from local Americana band, Buxton at McGonigel’s Mucky Duck. Tickets are $16 in advance; $18 at the door. 7pm.
- CSz presents The EaDo Comedy Show – Catch plenty of high-energy characters, fast-paced scenes, and personal absurdities in The Eado Comedy Show, CSz Houston’s long-form improv show that draws from the fun East Downtown neighborhood vibe. Full price tickets are $10, but limited comped (you only pay ticketing fees) and discounted $5 tickets available. 8pm.
- Middle Kids in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – Watch the alternative indie rock band from Sydney, Australia, Middle Kids with opener Lola Kirke at White Oak Music Hall. Tickets start at $13. 8pm.
- Throwback Hip Hop Thursdays: Don’t Sweat the Technics at Lincoln Bar Houston – Head to Lincoln Bar Houston as they pay homage to the old school hip-hop, old school house, freestyle and 80s retro. Cover charge at the door. 9pm.
Friday, June 22, 2018
- Yappy Hour at Bagby Park | No Cover – Enjoy a pet-friendly happy hour in Bagby Park’s dog park with treats from Urban Tails, giveaways, contests, and prizes. 4:30pm to 6:30pm.
- Listen Local: Music on the Plaza at The Brown Foundation Plaza | FREE – Enjoy the MFAH’s new summer music series on Friday evenings in their new outdoor space, The Brown Foundation, Inc. Plaza. On selected Friday evenings, visit to grab a bite from the night’s food truck and enjoy live music by local bands and musicians. 5pm.
- Fourth Friday Night Market in the East End – Fourth Friday Night Market is a monthly outdoor small business event featuring the works of dozens of visual artists and craft vendors. Located in the Historic East End, the market showcases paintings, sculpture, photography, jewelry, and handcrafted items. 6pm.
- Rainbow on the Green at Discovery Green | FREE – Celebrate Pride at the family-friendly annual city-wide LGBT celebration at Discovery Green with electrifying entertainment and some of Houston’s best drag performers. Rainbow on the Green will feature performances by Edward Salles, The Patternist, and Deborah Cox. 6pm to 10pm.
- Mixers and Elixirs at Houston Museum of Natural Science – Don’t miss your chance to mingle with the dinosaurs, as the museum opens up for a night of music, dancing, cocktails, food trucks, and fun. Tickets are $25. 7pm.
- Summer Music Festival at Four Seasons Hotel | No Cover – Gather with friends on the pool deck for the Four Seasons Hotel’s 2nd annual Summer Music Festival. Enjoy live concert performances, $5 beers, and poolside games every third Friday of the month throughout the summer. 7pm.
- Night Light Vibe: Luther Vandross 3rd Ward Tours – Take an evening social bike ride with 3rd Ward Tours while vibing out to R&B legend, Luther Vandross. Tickets range from $11 to $23. 7:30pm to 9:30pm.
- Shinyribs with Vodi at The Heights Theater – An American country-soul, swamp-pop, soul-funk band from Austin, are hot off their fourth album release, I Got Your Medicine. Tracked at Houston’s legendary SugarHill Recording Studios, the album carries a New Orleans R&B vibe. Vodi opens. Tickets are $20. 8pm.
- ComedySportz Match Family-Friendly Improv Show at CSz Arena – If you like the TV show Whose Line Is It Anyway? then you’ll enjoy ComedySportz Houston, a fast-paced comedy show that’s suitable for the whole family, now running at the CSz Arena in EaDo. Tickets are $20, but you may find limited discounted tickets for $10. 8pm.
- Pride40: Eden at Pearl Bar Houston – The girls of Houston’s LGBT community are the focus of the Eden event for this official Pride party that welcomes everyone. There will be a burlesque show, a silent auction, drinks, and even an inflatable fun zone. Tickets are $10. 9pm.
- Battle Royale With Cheese at Bernie’s Burger Bus in The Heights | No Cover – Try two Supersized Sliders, traditional Canadian Style Poutine, and two Beers and then vote for your favorite at the Battle Royale With Cheese in The Heights. 9pm.
- Classic Numbers: Every Friday at Numbers Nightclub – Go back to the ’80s and hear hits from The Smiths, The Cure, Blondie and more every Friday night at the always eclectic, Numbers Nightclub in Montrose. Cover charge at the door. 9pm.
- Kinky Friedman in Concert at McGonigel’s Mucky Duck – Singer, songwriter, novelist, humorist, and politician Kinky Friedman comes to town for his Circus of Life Tour at McGonigel’s Mucky Duck. Tickets start at $30. 9:30pm.
Saturday, June 23, 2018
- Houston LGBT & Pride 2018 Celebration in Downtown | FREE – Celebrate Houston’s LGBT community in the heart of Downtown at the fourth largest pride festival and parade in the country. This event is free and open to the public. Noon to 11pm.
- Japanese Whiskey 101 at Public Services Wine & Whisky – Get an introduction to the unique perspective of Japanese Whiskey at Public Services Wine & Whiskey. This class will focus on Suntory and Nikka (both blends and single malt whiskeys up to 18 years of age). Tickets are $65 plus tax and include the class, tastings, and snacks. 2pm.
- Heights Summer Block Party | No Cover – The 3rd Annual Heights Summer Block Party will feature Heights locations including Johnny’s Gold Brick, Big Star, Presidio and more. Enjoy an afternoon of bikes, bar hopping, drink specials and more. 2pm to 8pm.
- Pride Pub Crawl in Downtown Houston – Show your pride through Downtown Houston at the Pride Pub Crawl at 9 participating bars including Casa Blanca, El Big Bad, Lilly & Bloom and more. Check-in is at Christian’s Tailgate. Tickets start at $30. 3pm to 9pm.
- Lil Nate & Friends Zydeco Concert at Jones Plaza – Lil Nate & Friends are bringing Zydeco music to Jones Plaza in Downtown. Along with live music, there will be plenty of food, drink, and fun for the whole family. Tickets start at $8. 4pm to 10pm.
- BBQ, Beer & Bingo at Houston Arboretum & Nature Center – Enjoy a fun evening with delicious BBQ and beer while playing five rounds of bingo and nature-themed trivia to win great prizes at the Houston Arboretum & Nature Center. Tickets are $20 for members; $35 for nonmembers. 6pm to 8:30pm.
- Opening Reception: Caitlin McCollom Light in the Window at BLUEOrange | No Cover – BLUEorange Contemporary Art Gallery welcomes artist and painter Caitlin G McCollom to Houston for a solo exhibition of her work entitled, Light in the Window. 6pm to 9pm.
- Kesha & Macklemore in Concert at Cynthia Woods Michell Pavilion – Pop star Kesha and rapper Macklemore team up to bring their 2018 The Adventures of Kesha and Macklemore Tour to the Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion in The Woodlands. Tickets start at $30.50. 7pm.
- Slim Thug in Concert at BFE Rock Club – Houston’s very own Slim Thug lands in the Cy-Fair venue for a rap performance with DJ Massiv on the decks. Tickets are $30. 8pm.
- The John Sellers Band with Mike Deasy in Concert at Fitzgerald’s – Experience a jaw-dropping performance from The John Sellers Band at Fitzgerald’s in The Heights. Tickets are $10 for pre-order and $15 at the door. 8pm.
- Pride40: Official Afterparty with DJ Barry Harris Rich’s Houston – Experience the Pride Houston Official Afterparty and dance into the after-hours with three different DJs, their “big tent event” and drag performances by The Ladies of Rich’s. Cover charge is $20. 9pm.
- The Late Show: Bathtub Full of Gin at Prohibition Supperclub – Step into the Roaring ’20s, when skirts were short and booze was a secret pleasure. Bathtub Full of Gin is Terrible Enfant’s Theatre Company’s new spectacular immersive dance party series, where evocative theatre performances combine with high energy electro swing music. Tickets are $20 for standing; $35 for seated, but limited, discounted $10 standing tickets are available for most shows. 11:30pm.
Sunday, June 24, 2018
- Duke Dumont at Clé Houston – Catch tunes from the London-based DJ and producer Duke Dumont at the Clé Houston lounge in Midtown. Tickets are $25. 2pm to 8pm.
- Sunday Funday Sessions with DJ SMNS at The Flat | No Cover – Spend your Sunday with music from DJ SMNS, $4 Frozés, and other drink specials at The Flat. 5pm to 9pm.
- Tejano Nights at Kemah Boardwalk | No Cover – Enjoy live Tejano music every Sunday this June at the Kemah Boardwalk. The lineup includes Carlos Maldonado y Grupo Fuerte, Siempre Selena Tribute, DJs and more. Click here to check out the schedule. 6pm.
- Brit Floyd in Concert at Smart Financial Centre – Watch Brit Floyd perform songs from Pink Floyd’s best-loved and biggest-selling albums, The Dark Side of the Moon, Wish You Were Here, Animals, The Wall and more in Sugar Land. Tickets start at $39.50. 8pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).