Make the most of your week with our top 12 event picks happening in Houston from Monday, June 11 to Sunday, June 17, 2018.
Also in June 2018
Happening This Week
Feast on fried chicken this Father’s Day, head to Minute Maid Park for a concert from The Eagles, root for the USA rugby team, catch a full lineup of heavy metal bands, watch a live dance performance of 22 original works, and more.
Top 12 Things to Do This Week in Houston
- Houston Symphony: Jaws in Concert at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion | Wednesday, June 13 | FREE – Hear the Academy Award-winning score from Jaws, composed by John Williams and performed by the Houston Symphony at the Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion. 8pm.
- Barnstorm Dance Fest at MATCH | Thursday, June 14 to Saturday, June 23 – Enjoy a live performance of 22 original dance works in three different programs during Barnstorm Dance Fest at MATCH. Celebrating the vibrant and diverse styles of dance in the Bayou City, Dance Source Houston presents its fourth annual show. Tickets start at $20. 8pm nightly.
- Shake, Rattle and Roll at Music Box Theater | Through Saturday, June 16 – Take a trip down memory lane at Shake, Rattle & Roll, a throwback concert featuring hit songs from the 1950s at The Music Box Theatre. Tickets start at $29. Showtimes vary.
- Thursday Night Take Over at Fluff Bake Bar | Thursday, June 14 | No Cover – Join Fluff Bake Bar owner Rebecca Masson as she welcomes fellow chef Richie Nakano of San Francisco’s IDK Concepts for this week’s Thursday Night Take Over. Each chef will prepare a menu of three to four items available a la carte, along with optional wine pairings and beer from Saint Arnold. 6pm to 9pm.
- Post Malone in Concert at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion | Friday, June 15 – Jam out to beats by Dallas native and critically-acclaimed rapper Post Malone when he takes the stage at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion. He’ll be joined by 21 Savage and SOB X RBE. Tickets start at $79. 7pm.
- The Eagles and Chris Stapleton at Minute Maid Park | Friday, June 15 – Take it easy at Minute Maid Park when one of the most commercially successful bands of all time, The Eagles, head to Houston for a massive stadium tour. They’ll be joined by country music star Chris Stapleton. Tickets start at $69.50, but you may find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7pm.
- Houston Symphony: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban in Concert at Jones Hall | Friday, June 15 to Sunday, June 17 – Waive your wand and transport to Hogwarts when the Houston Symphony performs the memorable score from the third installation of the Harry Potter series, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, at Jones Hall. Tickets start at $39. Showtimes vary.
- Hot Undies Run at The Gorgeous Gael | Saturday, June 16 – Strip down to your undies and race through Rice Village for the Hot Undies Run, which benefits Girls on the Run of Greater Houston. The race begins and ends at Gorgeous Gael. Tickets start at $30. 11am.
- USA Rugby vs. Scotland at BBVA Compass Stadium | Saturday, June 16 – Cheer loud for team USA as they take on Scotland in a rugby match at BBVA Compass Stadium. Tickets start at $23. 8pm.
- Father’s Day Events and Activities Around Houston | Sunday, June 17 – Treat dad to a variety of brunches, events, and activities on Sunday and throughout Father’s Day weekend. Click here for our favorite picks.
- Father’s Day Fried Chicken Party at Revival Market | Sunday, June 17 – Give dad what he wants this Father’s Day with a heaping plate of fried chicken, courtesy of Revival Market. While you’re chowing down, enjoy live music from the Will Van Horn Trio, brews from Spindletap, and games for the whole family. 3pm to 7pm.
- Slayer in Concert at Smart Financial Centre | Sunday, June 17 – Catch an all-star lineup of heavy metal rock groups at Smart Financial Centre in Sugar Land. Performers include Slayer, Lamb of God, Anthrax, Behemoth, Testament, and Burn the Priest. Tickets start at $39.50 and this may sell out, but you might find hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork resale marketplace. 5pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).