Make the most of your week with our top 12 things to do with kids in Houston, from Monday, June 11 to Father’s Day, Sunday, June 17, 2018.
Also in June 2018
Happening This Week
Top 12 Things to Do with Kids This Week in Houston
- Summer Camp: Cooking with Class at Baytown Parks and Recreation | Tuesday, June 12 to Thursday, June 14 – Students learn kitchen safety and sanitation in line with industry standards, plus a variety of recipes and cooking techniques at this Summer Camp week at Baytown Parks and Recreation. $125 per person. Classes for ages 6 to 12 are from 10am to 1pm. Classes for ages 13 to 17 are from 3pm to 6pm.
- Circus Arts at Discovery Green | Tuesday, June 12 | FREE – Circus Arts is a class that consists of ground arts and ground acrobatics such as contortion/flexibility, low tight wire, partner acrobatics, juggling, and hand balancing. Must be 13 and up for class. 6pm to 8pm.
- Children’s Bingo Night at Levy Park | Wednesday, June 13 | FREE – Bring the kids to play a 30-minute outdoor game of bingo at Levy Park. 4:30pm.
- Father’s Day Crafts at The Backyard Grill | Wednesday, June 13 | FREE – Bring the kiddos to make crafts for Dad for Father’s Day at The Backyard Grill. Kids eat free from 5pm to close. 6pm to 8pm.
- Alice in Wonderland Movie Screening at CityCentre | Wednesday, June 13 | FREE – Bring the kids to see an outdoor screening of Disney’s live-action Alice in Wonderland at CityCentre. 9pm.
- Summer Bonus Open Studio Series at CAMH | Thursday, June 14 | FREE – The Contemporary Arts Museum, Houston hosts their Summer Open Studios, a drop-in workshop with hands-on activities related to current exhibitions for creatives of all ages. Each Thursday will be a different theme. 2pm.
- Houston Symphony: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban in Concert at Jones Hall | Friday, June 15 to Sunday, June 17 – The Houston Symphony will perform every note from John Williams’ sensational score while audiences relive the magic of the film projected in high definition on the big screen. Tickets start at $39. Times vary.
- Dads, Dinos, & Donuts at The Woodlands Children’s Museum | Saturday, June 16 – Celebrate your Father with breakfast donuts, meet a life-size dinosaur, create a Dinosaur Hat, and take part in some Father’s Day art projects that would make great gifts at The Woodlands Children’s Museum. This event is included with general admission to the museum. 8am to 9:30am.
- Wonderland Family Playhouse in Downtown | Saturday, June 16 – Brought to you by Playhouse on the Prairie, in collaboration with Conservatory and Prohibition Theatre, this family event includes kids activities at Conservatory from 11am to 3pm and a production of Alice! at Prohibition Theatre at noon. Tickets are $20 for the play. 11am.
- Sugar Land Superstar: Round 1 at Sugar Land Town Square | Saturday, June 16 | FREE – Grab your lawn chairs and head to the heart of Sugar Land to see talented local singers belt it out for a chance to be declared the Sugar Land Superstar. 7:30pm to 9:30pm.
- Father’s Day Breakfast at Hermann Park | Father’s Day, Sunday, June 17 – Celebrate Father’s Day with your family at Hermann Park with a scenic breakfast on Pinewood Cafe’s patio overlooking serene McGovern Lake. Continue the fun with a ride on the Hermann Park Railroad, a fun arts and craft activity, and pedal boat ride. Tickets are $14 for adults and $7 for children 12 and under. 8:30am to 10am.
- Texas Taco Mania at Bayou City Event Center | Father’s Day, Sunday, June 17 – Taco lovers can head to the Bayou City Event Center for the Texas Taco Mania event featuring over a dozen food trucks, family activities, prizes, art, live music and more. Tickets are $9.46. Noon to 9pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).