Find the can’t-miss events in Houston with our Day + Nightlife Guide for Wednesday, June 13 to Sunday, June 17, 2018.
Happening This Week
Also in June 2018
The only thing we have to fear is the fear of missing out itself.
Fear no more, we’ve got you covered with our in-the-know list of art, music, and nightlife events happening around Houston, from Wednesday through Sunday.
Day + Nightlife Guide
- Comic Ryan Hamilton at Houston Improv | Thursday, June 14 to Sunday, June 17 – Score 2-for-1 tickets to see fresh-faced, clean-cut comedian Ryan Hamilton. An observational comic, he “often riffs on the absurdity of his own wholesomeness.” Tickets range from $20 to $30, and 2-for-1 (BOGO) tickets are available for the Thursday, Friday, and Sunday shows with promocode Happy365 for a limited time. Times vary.
Wednesday, June 13, 2018
- Raising the Steaks Wednesdays at Belle Station – Belle Station hosts the Raising the Steaks party complete with a happy hour from 4pm to 8pm, a steak dinner hour from 7pm to 11pm, and rotating DJs starting at 9pm. Cover charge at the door. 4pm.
- Wreckless Eric In-Store Performance at Cactus Music | FREE – English rock/new wave singer-songwriter Wreckless Eric performs at the Cactus Music record store. There will be complimentary refreshments provided by Saint Arnold. 5:30pm to 6:30pm.
- Jazz Wednesdays at Axelrad | No Cover – Axelrad hosts Jazz Wednesdays every week with a dynamic rotation of local jazz musicians at their beer garden. 6pm.
- DIY Downtown: Coffee Scrubs & Sugar Scrubs in Downtown – Join Pop Shop America on the roof of the historic Sunset Coffee Building for a craft workshop and learn how to make homemade coffee and sugar body scrubs. Tickets are $35. 6:30pm to 8:30pm.
- Walking Dead Trivia at Your Pie – Do your best zombie walk over to Your Pie in Downtown for their Walking Dead Trivia night. There will be weekly prizes of $50 in Your Pie Certificates and a grand prize of a pizza party for 20 to the team with most cumulative points in June. Players can get a “Build-your-own” pizza and a beer for $12.99. 7:30pm to 9:30pm.
- Wednesday Trivia at Jive Bar & Lounge | No Cover – Jive Bar & Lounge in Spring hosts a trivia night filled with general knowledge and pop cultures questions. 8pm.
Thursday, June 14, 2018
- Real Texas Wine Tasting at Revival Market – William Chris Vineyards bring their winegrowers for an evening of wine tasting at Revival Market. Tickets are $40. 5pm to 7pm.
- In Cahoots Summer Mixer at Irish Cowboy | No Cover – The Houston chapters of Business Marketing Association, Media Alliance, American Marketing Association and the Houston Interactive Marketing Association host the In Cahoots Summer Mixer at Irish Cowboy. Houston area marketers and advertisers can interact in a relaxed, fun atmosphere, and network with like-minded individuals. 5:30pm to 8:30pm.
- Steak Night at Eureka Heights Brew Co – Chef Daniel Ajtai prepares a 12 oz Korean marinated ribeye over homemade aged kimchi fried rice paired with beer at Eureka Heights Brew Co. Dinner is $18 per person. 6pm.
- John Doe and VODI in Concert at Discovery Green | FREE – Check out a free concert from Americana Punk legend John Doe, when he performs at Discovery Green along with VODI. 7pm to 9pm.
- Hayes Carll in Concert at McGonigel’s Mucky Duck – See the Grammy-nominated singer-songwriter Hayes Carll when he takes the stage at McGonigel’s Mucky Duck. Tickets are $30 in advance; $33 at the door. 7pm.
- Karaoke Soul Backyard Party at Renee’s on the Bayou | No Cover – Put on your backyard party gear to sing karaoke and enjoy drink specials at Renee’s on the Bayou. 7pm to 11pm.
- Friends Season Series at Sports Creek | No Cover – See what’s going on with Ross, Rachel, Monica, Chandler, Phoebe, and Joey when Sports Creek plays four episodes of Friends every Thursday. They will also have wine bottles for $15. 8pm.
- CSz presents The EaDo Comedy Show – Catch plenty of high-energy characters, fast-paced scenes, and personal absurdities in The Eado Comedy Show, CSz Houston’s long-form improv show that draws from the fun East Downtown neighborhood vibe. Full price tickets are $10, but limited comped (you only pay ticketing fees) and discounted $5 tickets available. 8pm.
- Thursday Pop-Up with Chef Martin Weaver at Glitter Karaoke – Chef Martin Weaver, previously of Brennan’s of Houston, cooks up some Mexican food for this pop-up at Glitter Karaoke. Menu prices vary. 8pm.
- The SpaceCat Show: Thursday Night Comedy at Station Theater – Head to Station Theater to see a line-up of local Houston improv comedy teams followed by SpaceCat Lab, the Station Theater signature house team. Tickets are $10.50. 8:30pm to 10pm.
Friday, June 15, 2018
- TGIF Happy Hour with DJ AD at The Flat | No Cover – Head to The Flat for throwback hip-hop with DJ AD, half-off pizza, and drink specials for happy hour. 6pm.
- Post Malone in Concert at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion – Jam out to beats by Dallas native and critically-acclaimed rapper Post Malone when he takes the stage at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion. He’ll be joined by 21 Savage and SOB X RBE. Tickets start at $79. 7pm.
- Los Texmaniacs in Concert at Rockefellers – See a performance from Tejano conjunto band Los Texmaniacs with openers Los Nahuatlatos and Tejas Got Soul Sound System at Rockefellers Houston. Tickets start at $20. 7pm.
- Zine Fest Houston at Bill’s Junk – Zine Fest Houston hosts its annual compilation zine release party at Bill’s Junk. The compilation zine will consist of writing, photography, collage, drawing and more submitted by vendors who have tabled at previous ZFH festivals. 7pm to 10pm.
- Night Light Vibe: Zydeco on the Bayou at 3rd Ward Tours – Take an evening social bike ride with 3rd Ward Tours while vibing out to Zydeco music. Tickets range from $10 to $23. 7:30pm to 9:30pm.
- An Evening with the Jerry Douglas Band at Heights Theater – Specializing in Americana, bluegrass and the many related genres, fourteen-time Grammy winner Jerry Douglas is a master of the resonator guitar. Tickets start at $22. 8:30pm.
- Classic Numbers: Every Friday at Numbers Nightclub – Go back to the ’80s and hear hits from The Smiths, The Cure, Blondie, and more every Friday night at the always eclectic, Numbers Nightclub in Montrose. Cover charge at the door. 9pm.
- A Fistful of Soul at The Continental Club | No Cover – Bust a move at Houston’s monthly ’60s soul and rhythm & blues dance party at The Continental Club in Mid Main. 10pm.
- DJ Simon Patterson at Spire Houston – The Spire Houston nightclub in Downtown welcomes producer and DJ Simon Pattern for a night of dancing. Free with RSVP before 10:30pm. $15 general admission. 10pm.
- ComedySportz’ The Live Improvised Movie at CSz Arena – ComedySportz’s The Live Improvised Movie presents a terrible disaster movie, made up on the spot, based on your ridiculous suggestions. From cringe-worthy dialogue and cardboard acting to plots consisting of nothing but clichés and confusion, ComedySportz’s expert improvisers re-create everything you love about catching some disastrous straight-to-video flick on late-night TV. Tickets are $10; $8 per person for a group of ten; but limited, discounted $5 tickets are available for most shows. 10:30pm.
- 54 at Prohibition Supperclub & Bar – Boogie over to Prohibition Theatre and get down with Houston’s brightest stars, The Moonlight Dolls, for the party of your life. This one-hour show is followed by two hours of disco dancing. Tickets are $20, but you may find limited discounted tickets for $10. 11pm.
Saturday, June 16, 2018
- Soul Flower Music Fest at Discovery Green – The 2018 Soul Flower Music Fest will feature national and local soul, R&B, and hip-hop artists along with a market filled with local vendors at Discovery Green Park. Tickets are $8. 2pm to 10pm.
- Pride Art Show at The Hardy & Nance Studios | No Cover – The Hardy & Nance Studios hosts a Pride Art Show, an exhibition that uses a positive form of expression against discrimination by promoting dignity, equality and celebration within the LGBTQ community. 5pm to 9pm.
- Holy Wave in Concert Rockefellers Houston – Catch the rock band Holy Wave with openers Ringo Deathstarr and Flower Graves at Rockefellers Houston. Tickets start at $12. 7pm.
- Ledisi in Concert at House of Blues – R&B and jazz singer Ledisi hits the stage at House of Blues in Downtown. Tickets start at $39.50. 7pm.
- Soul Session Saturdays at MKT Bar – Join DJ Tempty as he spins nothing but ’60s and ’70s soul, Motown, funk, and disco, every Saturday evening at MKT Bar in Downtown. 8pm.
- Yanni 25 in Concert Smart Financial Centre – Take a seat for the 25th-anniversary tour of Yanni, a celebrated Greek composer, keyboardist, pianist, and music producer, when he performs at Smart Financial Centre. Tickets start at $49.50. 8pm.
- DJ Loczi at Clé Houston – Enjoy some tunes you can dance to from DJ Loczi at the Clé Houston lounge in Midtown. Tickets are $10. 10pm.
- The Late Show: Bathtub Full of Gin at Prohibition Supperclub – Step into the Roaring ’20s, when skirts were short and booze was a secret pleasure. Bathtub Full of Gin is Terrible Enfant’s Theatre Company’s new spectacular immersive dance party series, where evocative theatre performances combine with high energy electro swing music. Tickets are $20 for standing; $35 for seated, but limited, discounted $10 standing tickets are available for most shows. 11:30pm.
Sunday, June 17, 2018
- Sister Helen Holy at Hamburger Mary’s Houston – Drag queen and performer Sister Helen Holy joins the cast of Sunday Brunch to lift spirits and serve witness to the hilarious power of quick-witted comedy. You must make reservations. Noon to 5pm.
- Texas Taco Mania at Bayou City Event Center – Taco lovers can head to the Bayou City Event Center for the Texas Taco Mania event featuring over a dozen food trucks, family activities, prizes, art, live music and more. Tickets are $9.46. Noon to 9pm.
- Disco in the Daylight: A Pride Party Popup at Roots the Salon | No Cover – Show your Pride at Disco in the Daylight, an indoor and outdoor pop-up featuring vendors, music, complimentary refreshments and more. Donations from sales will go to The Montrose Center. 1pm to 5pm.
- Mario Kart 64 League at Craft Beer Cellar Houston – Every other Sunday, Craft Beer Cellar Houston hosts a Mario Kart 64 league with Eureka Heights Brewery. Make a team and play the classic game for different prizes. $3 entry per heat. There will be two heats, one at 4pm and one at 6pm.
- Slayer in Concert at Smart Financial Centre – Metal band Slayer comes to Smart Financial Centre, with op Lamb of God, Anthrax, Behemoth, and Testament. Tickets start at $39.50. 5pm.
- Trivia at Presidio HTX | No Cover – Restaurant and bar Presidio HTX hosts an evening of trivia questions on their outside patio. 6pm to 9pm.
- Dad Jokes: A Father’s Day Comedy Show at The Secret Group – Prepare for an evening of cheesy puns and corny jokes when Jack Daniels presents Dad Jokes: A Father’s Day Comedy Show at The Secret Group. Tickets are $5; dads get in free. 7pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).