Cool off in Katy this Memorial Day Weekend at the opening of Typhoon Texas Waterpark, this Saturday, May 26, 2018, and throughout the summer.
School’s out for summer and kids, teenagers, and adults alike are all anxious to fill the days with fun in the sun.
Grab your swim trunks, a noodle, some floaties, and the rest of the family, and head to this spacious, water-world filled with serpentine water slides, a lazy river for tubing, eateries, competitive slide racing and even more detailed below. Click here for a park map.
Tidal Wave Bay
Tidal Wave Bay is a 375,000-gallon pool that generates waves up to three feet tall. Visitors can relax in the shallow area or grab a tube and hit the deeper end to ride the tides every 10 minutes.
The park recommends non-swimmers to take advantage of their complimentary life jackets.
- The Typhoon (Texas Flag) – Your six-person raft starts down a serpentine, splash-filled adventure before it picks up speed sending your family vertical up a Texas-sized boomerang wall.
- The Twister (Yellow & Blue) – This thrilling family raft ride combines the best of a winding waterslide with the thrill of white water rafting.
Lazy T River
The Lazy T River is a great pick for those looking to relax. Visitors can spend the day floating in 480,000 gallons of crystal clear water –and with three different beach entries, you can easily access the Lazy T river and float your way to your next ride.
Children under 12 years of age should be accompanied by an adult.
Slide Boarding is a video game and waterslide rolled into one. Use your slide board controller to fire at targets as you speed down this heart-pounding slide.
For the Kids
- The Gully Washer – Catered to kids ages 3 to 10, the Gully Washer features an 800-gallon water bucket and a play structure standing more than four stories tall. The primary play structure within this children’s Rain Fortress offers more than 100 spray areas, eight platforms, seven different slides, elevated walkways and rope bridges. A new splash pad for younger children ages 2 to 4 has also been added to the island. Children under 6 years old must be under adult supervision
- Buckaroo Bayou – While you’re there, take your little swimmer to the Buckaroo Bayou. These mini slides and splash pads are perfect for the tiniest Typhooners.
- Howdy Hollow – Relax and hang out by the pool while watching the little ones play. There’s fun for everyone at our Howdy Hollow activity pool.
Before You Visit
Guests are not permitted to bring coolers or outside food or beverages into Typhoon Texas Waterpark with the exception of a single factory sealed bottle of water per person. Grills and open fires are not allowed in the parking lot.
Proper swimming attire is required and is defined as a properly fitting and covering, one or two-piece swimsuit or shorts that stop above the knee. Swimwear must be without abrasive buttons, rivets, zippers, or snaps.
There are two locker sizes available to rent for the day and are able to be accessed multiple times throughout the day. Lockers are $20 for large (23.5″H x 14″W x 19.5″D) and
$10 for small (14″H x 14″W x 19.5D) and are located off Lone Star Lane.
Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult or guardian at least 16 years or older. Though the park recommends that all minors be accompanied by an adult for safety reasons.
Typhoon Texas in Katy
- Location: 555 Katy Ford Bend Rd, Katy, TX 77494
- Hours: Opening Day, Saturday, May 26, 2018. After this Saturday the park is open daily, 10:30am to 7pm.
- Parking: Free lot parking is available in the surrounding area
- Admission: Tickets purchased online are $39.99; tickets purchased at the park are $44.99; tickets for children under 48″, military, or senior guests $32.99. Season passes, which include unlimited visits for the season, in-park discounts, early admission, and cabana rental discounts are $59.99. Click here for more information on varying ticket packages.