Make the most of your week with our top 15 event picks happening in Houston from Monday, May 21 to Sunday, May 27, 2018.
Also in May 2018
Happening This Week
Geek out at Comicpalooza 2018, make your way through a 3-mile course full of colorful foam and bubbles, crack up when Martin Lawrence hosts the Lit AF tour, marvel at ballerinas dancing across the stage, treat the kids to a family-friendly day at the park, and more.
Top 15 Things to Do This Week in Houston
- Houston Astros vs. San Francisco Giants at Minute Maid Park | Tuesday, May 22 to Wednesday, May 23 – Get loud for the Astros when they take the field to play the Giants in a home game at Minute Maid Park. Tickets start at $10, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. Tuesday 7:10pm; Wednesday 1:10pm.
- Houston Dash vs. Seattle Reign FC at BBVA Compass Stadium | Wednesday, May 23 – Cheer on the Dash as they play the Spirit in a home game at BBVA Compass Stadium. Tickets start at $15. 5pm to 7pm.
- Houston Grand Opera: The Barber of Seville at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion | Wednesday, May 23 | FREE – Discover the origins of Bugs Bunny’s famous opera lyrics, “Figaro, Figaro, Figaro” in this performance of The Barber in Seville. The musical comedy follows Count Almaviva as he enlists his friend, Figaro, to help him woo the lovely Rosina. 8pm.
- Houston Ballet Academy Spring Showcase at Moores Opera House | Thursday, May 24 to Saturday, May 26 – Enjoy a performance by students of the Houston Ballet Academy, as they showcase both new choreography, as well as pieces from classical ballets, in this annual event at the Moores Opera House. Tickets start at $20. 7:30pm.
- Dancin’ in the Street…Motown & More Revue at Miller Outdoor Theatre | Thursday, May 24 to Sunday, May 27 – Groove on down to funky tunes and cover songs by a variety of tribute bands at the 23rd annual Dancin’ in the Street… Motown & More Revue, presented by Miller Outdoor Theatre. 8:15pm nightly.
- Comicpalooza 2018 at George R. Brown Convention Center | Friday, May 25 to Sunday, May 27 – Meet the stars of your favorite films and TV shows, including Star Trek, Lost, and Marvel’s The Defenders, at Comicpalooza 2018 in George R. Brown Convention Center. During the event, you can attend panels, charity events, and concerts; play games; and check out interactive exhibits. Tickets start at $42.
- The National Ballet of Ukraine presents Sleeping Beauty and Don Quixote at Revention Music Center | Thursday, May 24 and Friday, May 25 – Delight in a contemporary interpretation of the quintessential fairy tale, Sleeping Beauty, when the National Ballet of Ukraine performs at Houston’s Revention Music Center Thursday night. Then, return Friday when the company performs another classic, Don Quixote. Tickets start at $41. 7pm.
- Rock the Dock: Summer Concert Series at Kemah Boardwalk | Thursday, May 24 | No Cover – Soak up the sun and listen to live music when Kemah Boardwalk hosts its Summer Concert Series every Thursday. This week’s performers are The Fab Five, who will play a variety of British Invasion hits. 7pm to 10pm.
- Steely Dan and Doobie Brothers in Concert at Smart Financial Centre | Thursday, May 24 – Travel back to the height of classic rock with a concert from two iconic, ‘70s-era bands, Steely Dan and the Doobie Brothers, at Smart Financial Center in Sugar Land. Tickets start at $69.50, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7:30pm.
- Justin Timberlake in Concert at Toyota Center | Wednesday, May 23 and Friday, May 25– Get down to top hits from legendary pop star Justin Timberlake as he makes his way to Toyota Center in support of his latest album, Man of the Woods, for a two-night stop. Tickets start at $49.50, but you may find cheaper or better sets on the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7:30pm.
- Bubble Run Houston at Sam Houston Race Park | Saturday, May 26 – Walk, run, skip, or play through a three-mile course filled with colorful foam and bubbles at Bubble Run Houston in Sam Houston Race Park. Celebrate reaching the finish line with a party featuring music from DJs, free swag, and merchandise available for purchase. Tickets start at $20. 9am.
- FUNomenal Family Festival at Discovery Green | Saturday, May 26 | FREE – Have a blast at Discovery Green when Academy Sports + Outdoors hosts FUNomenal Family Day, where families can enjoy a Nerf® Blasting Zone, face painting, interactive inflatables, and meet with members of the Houston Texans, Rockets, Dynamo and Astros. Featured performers include the BSB Drumline, Dazzling Dolls, Pro Status Cheer, and TUTS – The River. 1pm to 5pm.
- Lit AF Tour at NRG Arena | Saturday, May 26 – Laugh out loud as some of the biggest names in comedy perform at the Lit AF Tour at NRG Arena. Headliner Martin Lawrence joins fellow comedians Rickey Smiley, Jay Pharoah, Deon Cole, and Benji Brown for a hilarious show. Tickets start at $55. 7:30pm.
- One Hit Wonders at the Jones Hall for the Performing Arts | Friday, May 25 to Sunday, May 27 – Dance along to the sounds of your favorite one-hit-wonders, as performed by vocalist Storm Large with the Houston Symphony at Jones Hall. Expect hits like “Come On, Eileen,” “Take On Me,” and “Walking in Memphis.” Tickets start at $26. 8pm.
- Luis Miguel in Concert at Toyota Center | Sunday, May 27 – Go wild for one of the most successful Latin American musicians in history, Luis Miguel, when he brings his ¡México Por Siempre! tour to Houston’s Toyota Center. Tickets start at $39.95, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork resale market. 8:30pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).