Make the most of your week with our top 11 things to do with kids in Houston, from Monday, May 21 to Sunday, May 27, 2018.
Also in May 2018
Happening This Week
Top 11 Things to Do with Kids This Week in Houston
- Toddler Tuesdays at Discovery Green | Tuesday, May 22 | FREE – Grab your little ones and head to Discovery Green park for a morning of fun. Each week will be a different theme. 10:30am to 12:30pm.
- Kidtastic on The Square at Memorial City | Wednesday, May 23 | FREE – Bring the kiddos to Memorial City Mall for different activities each week on the Square. 10am to 11:30pm.
- Batman Movie Screening at Market Square Park | Thursday, May 24 | FREE – Spend your Friday watching a throwback superhero movie when Market Square Park presents a free, outdoor screening of the 1989 release of Batman, starring Michael Keaton and Jack Nicholson. 8:30pm.
- Comicpalooza 2018 at George R. Brown Convention Center | Friday, May 25 to Sunday, May 27 – Meet the stars of your favorite films and TV shows, including Star Trek, Lost, and Marvel’s The Defenders, at Comicpalooza 2018 in George R. Brown Convention Center. During the event, you can attend panels, charity events, and concerts; play games, and check out interactive exhibits. Admission Tickets start at $42. Times vary per day.
- Black Panther Movie Screening at Memorial City | Friday, May 25 | FREE – Memorial City hosts their Friday Family Movie Night with an outdoor screening of the new Black Panther on the Square. 7pm to 9pm.
- The Incredibles Movie Screening at Levy Park | Friday, May 25 | FREE – Catch a free showing of Disney’s The Incredibles while enjoying the springtime weather at Levy Park. Bring along the family, some lawn chairs, and some snacks for a fun Friday night. 8pm.
- Bubble Run Houston at Sam Houston Race Park | Saturday, May 26 – Walk, run, skip, or play through a three-mile course filled with colorful foam and bubbles at Bubble Run Houston in Sam Houston Race Park. Celebrate reaching the finish line with a party featuring music from DJs, free swag, and merchandise available for purchase. Tickets start at $20. 9am.
- Memorial Day Remembrance at George Ranch Historical Park | Saturday, May 26 – Enjoy a special Memorial Day Remembrance at the George Ranch Historical Park and discover Memorial Day’s historic roots as Decoration Day. There will also be a special Memorial Day Lunch. Admission Tickets range from $10 to $15. Cost for the meal is separate. 9am.
- Avengers Assemble! at the Children’s Museum of Houston | Saturday, May 26 – Unleash your superpowers alongside members of the Avengers crew, including Thor, Captain America, and Black Widow, during Avengers Assemble! at Children’s Museum of Houston. Tickets are $12. 10am to 5pm.
- FUNomenal Family Festival at Discovery Green | Saturday, May 26 | FREE – Have a blast at Discovery Green when Academy Sports + Outdoors hosts FUNomenal Family Day, where families can enjoy a Nerf Blasting Zone, face painting, interactive inflatables, and meet with members of the Houston Texans, Rockets, Dynamo, and Astros. 1pm to 5pm.
- Light of the Phoenix Charity Crawfish Boil at The Phoenix on Westheimer | Sunday, May 27 – Feast at the family-friendly Light of the Phoenix Charity Crawfish Boil at The Phoenix on Westheimer. The festival will feature a waterslide and bounce house, snow cones, corn hole games, and more. Tickets are $25 in advance; $30 at the door. Noon to 6pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).