Make the most of your week with our top 10 things to do with kids in Houston, from Monday, May 14 to Sunday, May 20, 2018.
Also in May 2018
Happening This Week
Top 10 Things to Do with Kids This Week in Houston
- Circus Arts at Discovery Green | Tuesday, May 15 | FREE – Circus Arts is a class that consists of ground arts and ground acrobatics such as contortion/flexibility, low tight wire, partner acrobatics, juggling, and hand balancing. Guests must be 13 and older for the class. 6pm to 8pm.
- Kidtastic on The Square at Memorial City | Wednesday, May 16 | FREE – Bring the kiddos to Memorial City Mall for different activities each week on the Square. 10am to 11:30pm.
- The Watchful Eye: A Young Writers Reading at Dan Flavin Installation at Richmond Hall | Wednesday, May 16 | FREE – The Watchful Eye features Writers in the Schools (WITS) students, grades K-12, as they read their poems and prose inspired by works exhibited at The Menil Collection at the Dan Flavin Installation at Richmond Hall. 7pm to 8pm.
- Houston Greek Festival at St. Basil The Great Greek Orthodox Church | Thursday, May 17 to Sunday, May 20 – All ages are welcome to celebrate Hellenic at this annual festival, which offers a taste of the finest in Greek foods, pastries, church tours, shopping, music and dancing, traditional Greek costume, shopping, and children’s activities. Tickets are either $3 per person or 3 canned/dry goods to donate to the Houston Food Bank. Times vary per day.
- Journeys Off to Prom at Silver Street Studios | Thursday, May 17 | Exclusively for High School Students | FREE with RSVP – Hosted by music and social media stars Baby Ariel and Daniel Skye, the magical evening will feature prom-filled fun including a red carpet, confetti cannons, custom photo booths, and even a performance by Grammy Award-winning artist Daya. Though the event is just for high school students ages 13 to 19, there will be an area inside of the event space for parents who would like to stay. 6pm to 9pm.
- Transformers: The Last Knight Movie Screening at Memorial City | Friday, May 18 | FREE – Grab a blanket or lawn chair and watch an outdoor screening of Transformers: The Last Knight on the Square at Memorial City. 7pm to 10pm.
- AsiaFest 2018 at Asia Society Texas Center | Saturday, May 19 | FREE – Celebrate Asian culture at a day-long family festival held at Asia Society Texas Center. The free, all-ages event will be chock full of community performances, fusion cuisine, creative activities, a vendor market, family fun, and good times for all ages. 11am to 4pm.
- Bayou City Music Series featuring HSPVA Jazz Band at Buffalo Bayou | FREE – Kick back and enjoy a free, outdoor concert from the HSPVA Jazz Band as part of the Bayou City Music Series at Buffalo Bayou. The band features saxophonist Grady Gaines, who has recorded with icons like Little Richard and Sam Cooke, vocalist Trudy Lynn, and the 14-piece ThunderSoul Orchestra. 6:30pm to 9pm.
- Children’s Book Celebration at Houston Public Library | Saturday, May 19 | FREE – Bring the kids and enjoy activities scheduled for the Houston Public Library’s Books Alive! 9th Annual Children’s Book Celebration. Noon to 3:30pm.
- Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle Movie Screening at Discovery Green | Saturday, May 19 | FREE – Bring the family to watch an outdoor screening of the 2017 movie, Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle at Discovery Green. You may arrive early for a contest and activities. 8:30pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).