Find the can’t-miss events in Houston with our Day + Nightlife Guide for Wednesday, May 16 to Sunday, May 20, 2018.
Also in May 2018
Happening This Week
The only thing we have to fear is the fear of missing out itself.
Fear no more, we’ve got you covered with our in-the-know list of art, music, and nightlife events happening around Houston, from Wednesday through Sunday.
Day + Nightlife Guide
Wednesday, May 16, 2018
- Geographer in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – See a performance from the California-based indie pop band Geographer at White Oak Music Hall. So Much Light opens the show. Tickets range from $12 to $17. 7pm.
- Spring Sitcom Trivia Series at Your Pie in Downtown | No Cover – Show off your knowledge from your favorite laugh track tv shows as Your Pie in Downtown hosts their Spring Sitcom Trivia series. Featuring hilarious shows like The Office, Big Bang Theory, Parks & Recreation and Friends, the winning teams can win weekly gift certificates. At the end of the 8-week series, each member of the team with the most points will win a pizza a week for one year. Player combos are $12.99 and include unlimited topping “Build-Your-Own” pizza and a pint of beer or glass of House Cab or Chardonnay. 7:30pm to 9:30pm.
- Office Space Trivia at Under the Radar | No Cover – Test your knowledge on the hilarious Mike Judge movie, Office Space at Under the Radar. There will be prizes for the winning team and for the best team name. 7:30pm.
- Wednesday Trivia at Jive Bar & Lounge | No Cover – Jive Bar & Lounge in Spring hosts a trivia night filled with general knowledge and pop cultures questions. 8pm.
- Bingo Night at Cactus Cove | No Cover – The Cactus Cove Bar & Grill hosts a fun night of bingo and booze every Wednesday. 8pm to 11pm.
- Wildcard Wednesdays with Trill Made DJs at The Dive | No Cover – The Trill Made DJ collective spins hip-hop, Houston classics, trap, New Orleans bounce and more at The Dive. 9pm.
Thursday, May 17, 2018
- Happy Hour Thursdays at the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston | No Cover – Bring your friends to a museum-style happy hour and enjoy the exhibitions, bites from food trucks, and specialty cocktails at the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston. Drinks will be for sale by credit card at the bar. 5pm to 8pm.
- Loteria & Steak Night at Spring Street Beer & Wine Garden | No Cover – Play Loteria, also known as Mexican Bingo, and indulge in a delicious steak, ahi tuna steak, or portobello steak at Spring Street Beer & Wine Garden. Prizes will be awarded to winners. 5pm to 10pm.
- Cultured Cocktails: Nuit Blanche at Bar Boheme | No Cover – Mix and mingle when Fresh Arts hosts a happy hour to benefit the Nuit Blanche at Bar Boheme. The Nuit Blanche Festival is an event that offers free, annual, city-wide celebration of art. 5pm to 8pm.
- Musiqa in Concert at CAMH | No Cover – In conjunction with the exhibition Right Here: Right Now: San Antonio, Musiqa presents a special concert inspired by San Antonio-based artists and composers at CAMH. 6:30pm to 7:30pm.
- Art Design Life Benefit Auction and Party at DiverseWorks – Delight in vibrant artwork by local, national, and international artists as DiverseWorks host the Art Design Life Benefit Auction and Party. Guests can enjoy music and light bites, then bid in a silent auction featuring curated trips and dinners, original artwork, and designs by Houston makers. Tickets start at $150. 7pm.
- Future Tapes in Concert at The Secret Group – Catch indie pop group Future Tapes along with Anchor, The Mammoth and more at The Secret Group. Cover charge is $10. 7pm.
- Rich the Kid in Concert at Revention Music Center – Hip-hop artist Rich the Kid hits the stage with special guest Famous Dex and more at Revention Music Center. Tickets start at $33. 7pm.
- Kenny Chesney in Concert at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion – The multiple award-winning country megastar, Kenny Chesney returns to Houston for a packed show in the Woodlands. Tickets for lawn seating are $32.50 with reserved seating starting at $60, but you may find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats on TicketNetwork’s resale website. 7:30pm.
- Fea in Concert at The Continental Club – Experience a concert from the San Antonio-based Chicana punk band, Fea with openers Giant Kitty and ImposterBoys at The Continental Club. Tickets are $12. 9pm. .
Friday, May 18, 2018
- TGIF Happy Hour with DJ AD at The Flat | No Cover – Head to The Flat for throwback hip-hop with DJ AD, half-off pizza, and drink specials for happy hour. 6pm.
- Neon Marty Dance Party at Art League Houston – Make your way over to Art League Houston’s Montrose Art Party featuring music by Flash Gordon Parks, delectable bites, a cash bar, and an exhibition of work by artists in the Healing Art program, as well as a silent auction. Tickets start at $250. 6pm to 9pm.
- Dave Matthews Band in Concert at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion – Six years since their last release, Dave Matthews Band returns with a North American tour and forthcoming album to be released this summer. Tickets start at $45.50, but you may find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats on TicketNetwork’s resale website. 7pm.
- Summer Music Festival at Four Seasons Hotel | No Cover – Gather with friends on the pool deck for the Four Seasons Hotel’s 2nd annual Summer Music Festival. Enjoy live concert performances, $5 beers, and poolside games every third Friday of the month throughout the summer. 7pm.
- Sue Foley in Concert at McGonigel’s Mucky Duck – Canadian blues singer and guitarist, Sue Foley hits the stage at McGonigel’s Mucky Duck. Tickets are $20 in advance; $22 at the door. 7pm.
- 90’s Hip-Hop and R&B Night Light Vibe at 3rd Ward Tours – Cruise the city streets on bikes while vibing out to Missy Elliot, Nas and more 90’s Hip-Hop and R&B with 3rd Ward Tours. Tickets range from $11 to $22. 7:30pm.
- Khalid in Concert at Smart Financial Centre – Catch a concert by Grammy nominee and 19-year-old singer-songwriter Khalid during his Sugar Land stop on The Roxy Tour at the Smart Financial Centre. Tickets start at $40.95. 8pm.
- Jonathan Tyler in Concert at Firehouse Saloon – Blues and country singer-songwriter Jonathan Tyler takes the stage at Firehouse Saloon. Nathan Quick opens the show. Tickets start at $15. 9pm.
- A Fistful of Soul at The Continental Club | No Cover – Bust a move at Houston’s monthly ’60s soul and rhythm & blues dance party at The Continental Club in Mid Main. 10pm.
- Headhunterz at Spire Houston – Dance to EDM when DJ and producer Headhunterz performs at the Spire nightclub in Downtown. Tickets are $15. 10pm.
Saturday, May 19, 2018
- Summer Kick-Off College Pool Party at Clé Houston – Head to the Clé Houston lounge in midtown for their Summer Kick-Off College Pool Party featuring sounds from DJ Phon and Klo. Tickets are $10. 2pm to 8pm.
- Pop Surrealism: A Lowbrow Love Story at The Hardy & Nance Studios | No Cover – The Hardy & Nance Studios hosts an art exhibition that combines pop art and surrealism. 5pm to 10pm.
- 5th Annual Houston Whiskey Festival – The Houston Whiskey Festival is an upscale tasting event happening in Downtown Houston, featuring a wide assortment of whiskey, bourbon, Scotch, and other fine spirits. Tickets are $65; VIP tickets are $125 and include early access to the event at 6pm. 7pm to 10pm.
- Kendrick Lamar in Concert at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion – The Top Dawg Entertainment label brings their all-star roster of talent together for The Championship Tour, highlighted by the Pulitzer Prize-winning Kendrick Lamar. Joining him will be SZA, Schoolboy Q and more. Tickets for lawn admission start at $44; reserved seats start at $49.50. 7pm.
- Tash Sultana in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – Singer and multi-instrumentalist Tash Sultana performs at White Oak Music Hall with opener Reuben Stone. Tickets are $35. 7:30pm.
- Soul Session Saturdays at MKT Bar | No Cover – Join DJ Tempty as he spins nothing but ’60s and ’70s soul, Motown, funk, and disco, every Saturday evening at MKT Bar in Downtown. 8pm.
- Moth Wings in Concert at Spruce Goose: Social Flyers Club – Rock n roll musician Moth Wings performs with local band Astragal at Spruce Goose: Social Flyers Club in Downtown. Tickets are $5 in advance; $8 at the door. 8pm.
- No Diggity: R&B Night at Fox Hollow – DJ Dayta and DJ Squared spin nothing by R&B throwbacks as well as new R&B music at Fox Hollow. No cover before 11pm. $5 after 11pm. 10pm.
- DJ Oscar Velazquez at Rich’s Houston – DJ and producer from Mexico City, Oscar Velazquez spins at the LGBT-friendly nightclub, Rich’s Houston. Tickets start at $10. 10pm.
- The Late Show: Bathtub Full of Gin at Prohibition Supperclub– Step into the Roaring ’20s, when skirts were short and booze was a secret pleasure. Bathtub Full of Gin is Terrible Enfant’s Theatre Company’s new spectacular immersive dance party series, where evocative theatre performances combine with high energy electro swing music. Tickets are $20 for standing; $35 for seated, but limited, discounted $10 standing tickets are available for most shows. 11:30pm.
Sunday, May 20, 2018
- Drinkers with a Running Problem at B-52 Brewing | No Cover – Run a short 5k route through the neighborhood behind the brewery and then kick back with a couple of beers at B-52 Brewing. 11:30am.
- Crawfish Boil at Revelry on Richmond – Revelry on Richmond hosts an all-you-can-eat crawfish boil every Sunday with drink specials, plenty of games, and patio space. Crawfish is $30 a pound. 1pm.
- Love Street Music Fest at Karbach Brewing Co. – Fulfill your love of live music with an all-star lineup of acts at Karbach Brewing Co.’s Love Street Music Fest. Sip cold brews during performances by Everclear, Cold War Kids, Bleachers, The Tontons, and The Unlikely Candidates. Tickets start at $30. 2pm.
- Sunday Funday Sessions with DJ SMNS at The Flat | No Cover – Spend your Sunday with music from DJ SMNS, $4 Frozés, and other drink specials at The Flat. 5pm to 9pm.
- Camelphat at Stereo Live Houston – Private Label Presents a DJ set from Camelphat at the Stereo Live Houston nightclub. Free with RSVP and $5 for express entry. 6pm to 10pm.
- Amber Mark in Concert at House of Blues – Hear the soulful indie pop sounds of Amber Mark with special guests Demo Taped at House of Blues. Tickets are $12. 7pm.
- Beatles vs. Stones: A Musical Showdown at Hobby Center – The Beatles, represented by tribute band Abbey Road will engage in a barrage of hits against premier Rolling Stones tribute band, Satisfaction at the Hobby Center. Tickets start at $53. 7pm.
- Kat Edmonson in Concert at The Heights Theater – Catch the vintage pop songstress Kat Edmonson with special guest Matt Munisteri at The Heights Theater. Tickets range from $26 to $38. 8pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).