Don’t miss a minute of action during the Rockets’ Western Conference Finals series at these watch parties and events around Houston.
Also in May 2018
Happening This Week
The Houston Rockets are rolling after quickly wrapping up playoff rounds against the Minnesota Timberwolves and Utah Jazz.
Now, the most anticipated matchup of the season is upon us as the dynasty of the Golden State Warriors serves as Houston’s last roadblock to the NBA Finals.
The Rockets hold the season series edge with two wins and a loss to Golden State, but each game has been an adrenaline-filled, fast-paced shootout with only a handful of points separating the two.
This is expected to be a long, bruising series which offers you plenty of chances to join up with other members of Red Nation and root on the Rockets.
Western Conference Finals Series
For home games, you’ll want to be at Toyota Center. Tickets will be hard to come by, but you may find hard-to-get seats on the TicketNetwork resale market.
- Game 7 | Memorial Day, Monday, May 28 at Houston – First run tickets are available starting at $219 before ticketing fees, but you may find better, cheaper, or otherwise hard-to-get seats on TicketNetwork’s resale marketplace. 8pm
Playoff Rockets Viewing Destinations & Events
If you weren’t fast enough to grab a ticket for Toyota Center, you can still #RunAsOne with plenty of spots around town to join up with other fans in pursuit of the NBA championship.
- Lucky’s Pub – Now into their eleventh year, the pub wedged between BBVA Compass Stadium and Downtown has become the de facto headquarters for any of Houston’s post-season dreams. Just blocks away from Toyota Center, this will make for a popular pre- and post-game visit.
- 8th Wonder Brewery – Nearby, the brewery full of H-town pride will have their doors open for fans dropping by before the game or those that couldn’t snag a ticket. Their Rocket Fuel Porter and Dream Shake Stout should pair excellently with a Rockets win during the playoffs.
- Little Woodrow’s – With locations from the Heights to Midtown and Rice Village, there’s bound to be a Woodrow’s near you. This might be one of the more enticing spots for Game 1 on Sunday, as their afternoon crawfish boil promises plenty of food before tip-off.
- Bovine & Barley – Grab a burger and a brew at this two-story downtown bar on Main Street. All playoffs long, this bar has been celebrating it’s Clutch City pride and has food and drink specials going on during games, as well as raffles for those geared up in Rockets threads.
- Ladybird’s Bar – Drink specials and food trucks are what’s on tap at this Washington Avenue hometown bar, where you’ll be able to keep an eye on Astros games just as much as the Rockets’ series.
- The Gorgeous Gael – Located in Rice Village, Gorgeous Gael has game specials, giveaways and more! Keep an eye on their social media for specific game information.
- Diablo Loco – On the west side of town off Richmond Avenue, Diablo Loco is offering $3 frozen margaritas, $3 domestics, and $3 fireballs from 4pm to midnight during Rockets playoff games.
- Volcano Room – Seabrook’s Volcano Room has $4 Clutch City Shots with food and drink specials all night during Rockets playoff games.
- Your Pie Houston – Indulge in unlimited pizza for $15 during all Rockets playoff games, plus toss back $3 Bud Light pints and $5 Saint Arnold pints. There will also be a Rockets Rave Shootout, where you might win free pizza for one year.
- Gridiron Sports Bar & Grill – Dollar hot dogs and $7.25 for domestics and fireball shots highlight gameday specials at this Sugar Land sports bar, complete with a full menu of burgers, wings and more.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).