Scope our top picks for delicious meals, events and sweet gestures to help better celebrate mom this Mother’s Day, Sunday, May 13, 2018.
Also in May 2018
Happening This Week
Show her the appreciation she deserves this Mother’s Day with our round up of top event ideas and festivities from the start of the weekend up to that special Sunday.
Mother’s Day 2018 Festivities & Events
- Mother’s Day Silhouettes at The Woodlands Children’s Museum | Saturday, May 12 – Make a silhouette artwork for mom with Silhouette Artist Patti Rishforth at The Woodlands Children’s Museum. Silhouettes are $39 each. Admission to the museum is $6. 10am to 4pm.
- Heights Mercantile Mother’s Day Market | Saturday, May 12 | FREE – Just in time for Mother’s Day, you can browse the wares and creations of local merchants and artisans at a pop-up market on the promenade at Heights Mercantile. 11am to 6pm.
- Mother’s Day at Silver Street | FREE – Join the artists of Silver Street to celebrate all mothers and find the perfect gift for mom while enjoying several vendors. Noon to 5pm.
- Midtown Mother’s Day Market at Bagby Park | FREE – Pick up a gift that is as unique as your mom at the annual Midtown Mother’s Day Market at Bagby Park. There will be a handful of specially selected artists and vendors. Noon to 6pm.
- Mother’s Day Wine Tasting & Candle Making Class at Buy the Glass Wine Bar & Lounge | Saturday, May 12 and Mother’s Day, Sunday, May 13 – Make your way to Buy the Glass Wine Bar & Lounge in Pearland for a unique pairing of wine, a premium cheese board and a candle making experience for Mother’s Day. Tickets range from $45 to $80. Noon each day.
- Mother’s Day Sip & Shop at West Elm City Centre | Saturday, May 12 | FREE – Explore a curated assortment of gifts for Mother’s Day including handcrafted jewelry, macaron boxes, and apparel from five Houston makers while you enjoy sweets and sips at West Elm in City Centre. 12:30pm to 5:30pm.
- Mothers Day at Hermann Park | Mother’s Day, Sunday, May 13 – Celebrate the mother in your life with a fun-filled morning in Hermann Park, offering breakfast on Pinewood Cafe, arts and crafts, and a ride on the Hermann Park Railroad. Tickets are $13 for adults; $7 for kids under 12. 8:30am.
- Mother’s Day Workshops at Blue Field Market | Mother’s Day, Sunday, May 13 – In addition to local shopping, local foods, live music, craft beer, and mimosas, Blue Field Market will have a flower pot painting and planting workshop for Mother’s Day. The workshop is $25 per person. 10am to 3pm.
- Mother’s Day at Galveston Island Historic Pleasure Pier | Mother’s Day, Sunday, May 13 – Spend Mother’s Day on Galveston Island’s Pleasure Pier when all moms receive an all-day free pass to rides. This pass includes entrance and unlimited admission for all amusements rides. 11am to 8pm.
- Mother’s Day Painting with Cats at El Gato Coffeehouse Cat Cafe | Mother’s Day, Sunday, May 13 – Bring your Mom to a crafty class where you will practice drawing whimsical cats, as well painting, coloring, or doodling at El Gato Coffeehouse Cat Cafe. Tickets range from $34 to $38. 11am.
- Mommie & Me Paint Party at Bisong Art Gallery | Mother’s Day, Sunday, May 13 – Get creative with Mom on Mother’s Day when Primary Paint Party hosts the Mommy & Me Paint Party at Bisong Art Gallery in Downtown’s Warehouse District. Tickets are $35 online at $45 at the door. There is a brunch class at 11:30am and a lunch class at 2pm.
- Mercury’s Mother’s Day Concert: Vivaldi’s Four Seasons at Bayou Theater in Clear Lake – Hear a lively performance of a beloved classic as the popular Houston chamber ensemble plays a special Mother’s Day concert. $20, but limited discounted $10 tickets are available. 2pm.
- Mother’s Day Adult Skate Night at The Dairy Ashford Roller Rink | Mother’s Day, Sunday, May 13 – Lace up your roller skates for a special Mother’s Day Adult Skate Night at The Dairy Ashford Roller Rink. Mothers get free admission. Skate rental is $3. 7pm to 10pm.
Mother’s Day 2018 Brunch
Mother’s Day, Sunday, May 13, 2018
- Churrascos – Take mom out to any Churrascos location for their classic South American brunch menu including pollo ajillo, Peruvian beef tenderloin and more. All moms receive a $20 dining certificate for future use. $39.95 per person. 9am to 4pm.
- Downtown Aquarium – Treat mom to a special brunch at the Downtown Aquarium and choose from over 40 brunch menu items. This brunch includes animal encounters, activities, and live entertainment for the whole family. Tickets range from $19.99 to $39.99. Kids under 2 eat free. 10am to 4pm.
- The Dunlavy – Treat your mom, aunt or mother figure to a special brunch menu on the bayou in the chandelier-lit dining room at The Dunlavy. $70 per person; $12 for children 12 and under. 10am to 3pm.
- La Table – Mother’s Day at La Table will feature their signature “Grand Brunch” including family-style breakfast feast for the table, as well as a raw bar, a chocolate fountain and more. Tickets are $65 for adults; $29 for children. 10am to 1pm.
- Mo’s Irish Pub Vintage Park – Mo’s Irish Pub Vintage Park offers up a Mother’s Day buffet-style brunch with $3 mimosas and $5 Bloody Mary’s. Cost of the brunch ranges from $13.95 to $19.95. 10:30am to 2pm.
- Bar Boheme – Treat your mom to some french toast and dry ice mimosas while enjoying a Drag Queen Show at Bar Boheme. Admission Menu items prices vary. 11am to 4pm.
- City Acre Brewing Co. – Celebrate your mother with a brunch buffet that includes eggs benedict, quiche, bread pudding and more at City Acre Brewing Co. There will be a seating at 11am and another at 12:30pm. Tickets range from $17.95 to $20.95. 11am to 3:30pm.
- Mi Luna – Enjoy a cocktail and a Spanish tapas brunch buffet with the family for Mother’s Day at Mi Luna in Rice Village. Reservations are required. 11am to 4pm.
- Brasserie Du Parc – This French brasserie will be offering a delicious three-course brunch which will include dishes like Oeufs Mimosa Au Crabe (deviled eggs, crab meat, and greens), Risotto Aux Légumes De Printemps (spring vegetables risotto, mascarpone, aged parmesan, and truffle oil) and more. $48 per person. 11am to 3pm.
- Étoile Cuisine et Bar – Guests will have a choice of several appetizers, entrees, and desserts including Bisque De Homard (lobster bisque), Gigot D’Agneau Rôti (roasted leg of lamb), and Tarte Au Citron (lemon tart). $62 per person. 11am to 3pm.
- Chama Gaucha Brazilian Steakhouse – Bring your mother to a tasty brunch authentic Brazilian cocktails and a variety of flame-roasted meats at Chama Gaucha Brazilian Steakhouse. Cost of the brunch ranges from $25.50 to $52.50. 11:30am to 9pm.
- MFAH Café – Treat Mom to brunch featuring prime rib, crab cakes and more at the Museum of Fine Arts Café. $28 for adults; $12.50 for kids ages 12 and younger. 11:30am to 3pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).