Get your Derby on – including the biggest, grandest, most gentile hat you can find – at one of our eleven Derby Day picks around Houston on Saturday, May 5, 2018.
Also in May 2018
Happening This Week
Televised coverage of the Kentucky Derby is broadcast live from Churchill Downs in Louisville, Kentucky.
11 Kentucky Derby Day Viewing Parties Around Houston 2018
- Annual Derby Party at Brennan’s of Houston | No Cover – Break out your hats and honor Derby Days in true, Southern fashion in the Courtyard Bar at Brennan’s of Houston and enjoy a live broadcast of the race and food specials. 11am to 6:30pm.
- Kentucky Derby & One Year Anniversary at Heights Bier Garten | No Cover – Celebrate the Heights Bier Garten’s One Year Anniversary with live music from Wonky Power Records and a stream of the Kentucky Derby. There will be prizes for best hat, as well as a raffle on horses, a free photo booth, and an outdoor Julep and margarita bar. Noon to 10pm.
- Cinco de Mayo & Kentucky Derby Day at Johnny McElroy’s Irish Pub & Patio | No Cover – Johnny McElroy’s Irish Pub & Patio hosts a Cinco de Mayo and Derby Day celebration with fajita tacos, margaritas, tequila, and mint juleps. Noon.
- Cinco de Derby at Wicklow Heights | No Cover – Wicklow Heights celebrates both Cinco de Mayo and the Kentucky Derby with specials on margaritas and mint juleps, food trucks, and live music. Noon.
- Cinco de Derby at Revolver Houston | No Cover – Revolver Houston hosts a Cinco de Derby party with a big hat and big sombrero contest, games, drink specials, swag and more. Noon.
- Kentucky Derby Day at Sam Houston Race Park – Watch and wager on the Kentucky Derby Card from Churchill Downs in Louisville, KY and on live Quarter Horse racing at Sam Houston Race Park. You can also participate in the annual Derby Hat Contest for a $500 grand prize. Tickets range from $5 to $10. 1pm to 7pm.
- 4th Annual Julep Derby Day at Julep | No Cover – Houston’s southern cocktail bar, Julep, hosts its 4th Annual Derby Day Party on Cinco de Mayo. Featuring a DJ set from Vinyl Ranch, a taco bar, cocktail specials, and a best-dressed contest with cash prizes, the 144th Kentucky Derby will be broadcasted on two big screens. 2pm to 6pm.
- Derby Day at Chapman & Kirby | No Cover – Dress in your best Derby Day attire and enjoy live music, a special derby menu, a whiskey tasting, and a champagne tower at Champman & Kirby. Food and drinks are on you. 2pm.
- Cinco de Derby at Brasserie 19 | No Cover – Celebrate both The Kentucky Derby and Cinco de Mayo with Brasserie 19 and Houston Magazine. Throw on your favorite Derby Hat or sombrero for the best hat contest and sip on mint juleps while watching the derby. 4pm to 6pm.
- Cinco de Derby at Bar Boheme | No Cover – Bar Boheme hosts a party for Cinco de Mayo and the Kentucky Derby with all day drink specials on margaritas, frozen mojitos, and juleps. Bust out your stylish derby outfits and watch the Kentucky Derby on their projector screen. 4pm to 9pm.
- Kentucky Derby at Bosscat Kitchen & Libations | No Cover – Celebrate the Kentucky Derby with Bosscat Kitchen & Libations and Maker’s Mark while enjoying $12 mint julep’s on the patio along with race games and prizes. 6pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).