While Houstonians definitely love their cars, there are nooks and crannies of the city that are best explored by foot. In our Walkable Houston series, we traverse those districts to find the prettiest parks, hottest restaurants and bars, coolest local art and shops, and most visit-worthy hidden gems.
Opened in 2010, CityCentre is a bustling mixed-use development in Memorial City. The walkable district draws a crowd thanks to a blend of stylish shops, chic and family-friendly restaurants, luxe hotels and lofts, and plenty of entertainment. Visit to pop from place to place and you just may meet your daily step goal.
Play & Explore
- Bowl & Barrel – Let the good times roll at this boutique bowling alley, tavern, and beer hall, where you can play a couple of games alongside barreled beers, craft cocktails, and eats like cheese and charcuterie boards, hot fried quail bites, and 18-inch pizzas.
- The Escape Game – You’ll have just 60 minutes to complete your mission at this escape room experience, with themes including Prison Break, Gold Rush, The Heist, and Playground.
- Hotel Sorella – This luxury hotel hosts live music and events in its sultry Monnalisa Bar, which also rocks a dreamy starlit ceiling, fireplace, and view of the infinity pool.
- Studio Movie Grill – Catch the latest flick at this movie theater, bar, and lounge.
- Special Events – Look out for a lineup of special events, including moonlit movies, yoga in the plaza, concerts in the courtyard, and parachute play time.
Eat & Drink
- Bella Green – Organic hummus, spicy fish tacos, and all-natural burgers are all on the menu at this down-to-earth restaurant.
- The Capital Grille – Beef up with a dry-aged porterhouse or lunch ribeye sandwich at this classy steakhouse.
- Cyclone Anaya’s Mexican Kitchen – Pop in this Mexican kitchen for jumbo margaritas, enchiladas and more.
- Eddie V’s – Seafood and steak are at this forefront of this elegant restaurant. Check out happy hour for $7 cocktails and wines by the glass alongside bar bites like lamb lollipops and kung pao calamari.
- Fellini Gelato & Café – Hit this authentic European-style coffee shop to indulge in housemade gelato, specialty coffees, and an assortment of pastries and wines.
- The General Public – From the team behind Bowl & Barrel, this spirited neighborhood pub offers eats like bacon burgers, shrimp & grits, kale Caesar, and tempura-style shishitos and shrooms.
- Grimaldi’s – Nestled between Town & Country Blvd and Sorella Court, this popular pizzeria slings coal-scorched pies and calzones straight from its brick-oven.
- Radio Milano/Milano Bar – This Hotel Sorella restaurant and bar offers modern Italian fare and Prohibition-style cocktails. Stop in to dine on housemade burrata, 44 Farms beef carpaccio, lobster spaghetti, and fig-glazed duck breast. Brunch highlights include classic wings & waffles, goat cheese and spinach-stuffed crepes, and crab cakes eggs benny.
- Sal y Pimienta – Offering a modern twist on South American cuisine, this sultry spot boasts dishes from empanadas and ceviche to milanesas and salt-crusted branzino. Check out the Sunday brunch buffet to dig into chimichurri-style meats, an array of salads and bites, egg dishes, and desserts like flan and quatro leches.
- Seasons 52 – Experience seasonal and rustic eats, from wood-grilled artichokes and California golden beets to duck wing lollipops, blackened mahi tacos, and grass-fed burgers.
- Sweet – Satisfy that sweet tooth with cakes, cupcakes, macarons and more at this chic bakery.
- Sweet Paris – Treat yourself to breakfast, savory, and sweet crêpe at this fan-favorite creperie and café.
- The Tasting Room – Wine and dine at this casual tasting room and restaurant. The menu offers over 120 bottles alongside charcuterie & cheese boards, truffle fries, wild mushroom pies, and kobe sliders.
- Texas de Brazil – Come hungry to this big and bold churrascaria, offering all-you-can-eat cuts of picanha, Brazilian sausage, filet, ribs, bacon-wrapped chicken and more (don’t worry, there’s a massive salad bar, too).
Shop & Support Local
- Hemline – Find Bohemian-inspired clothing, accessories, shoes and more at this high-quality shop.
- Lily Rain – Stop in this Houston-bred boutique to find ready-to-wear clothing, jewelry, and accessories.
- Muir Fine Art Gallery – This diverse art gallery strives to “make Houston the Arts Destination of the South,” offering a mix of works from world-renowned and emerging artists.
- Olive & Vine – This European-style retail shop and tasting bar offers 50 varieties of premium extra virgin olive oil and aged balsamic vinegar.
- Social Status – This men’s boutique puts an emphasis on stylish footwear and clothing.
- More Shopping in CityCentre – Shop ‘til you drop at big name stores and posh boutiques like Anthropologie, Elaine Turner, Altar’d State, Free People, Lululemon, J. Crew, Kendra Scott, Sephora, Sur La Table and more.