Visit and explore some of the most interesting residences available for sale in the Sunset Heights neighborhood at open houses this weekend, on Saturday, April 21 and Sunday, April 22, 2018.
With a focus on Sunset Height, the far northeaster corner of the Greater Heights, filled with many local Houston gems, here are our top open house pics of the weekend.
Top 5 Open Houses in Sunset Heights & Woodland Heights This Weekend
- 1022 Adele Street | Saturday – Newly constructed, the home features traditional Heights architecture and Country French flourishes. Filled with high end finishes, the home has four bedrooms, plus an optional room that could be a study or another bedroom, and covered front and back porches. The large backyard has a detached garage, with garage apartment above it. Take a four minute walk to the new location of Mam’s House of Ice (a Houston institution) for New Orleans-style sno’balls with 50 flavors to choose from. Or opt for a delicious Aunt Sally’s Praline. Open house is 1pm to 3pm.
- 1210 Cordell Street | Saturday – This stunning renovation in Charming Brooke Smith features a gourmet kitchen with beautiful finishes, four bedrooms, high ceilings with tons of natural light, a fruit bearing orange tree, a wraparound porch, a fully fenced yard. The kitchen has marble countertops, white ceramic country sink, stainless appliances, and a wine cooler. Hardwoods and classic tile can be found throughout. Before or after you check out the house, stop by Pinkerton Barbecue for Texas Pit barbecue. It’s no frills. Just damn good barbecue. I recommend the brisket and Aunt Ruby’s Blueberry Cobbler. The open house is 2pm to 4pm.
- 1032 Louise Street | Sunday – Also Beautifully renovated, this bungalow featured four bedrooms, a large, covered front porch and patio, lofty ceilings, and gorgeous finishings. It’s also sporting new electrical, plumbing, HVAC, windows, and roof. The builder will be onsite during the open house to answer questions and give personal tour. The price was recently discounted and all reasonable offers will be considered. While you’re in the neighborhood, be sure to check out Canino’s Produce and Farmers Market. Family-owned and operated since 1958, the Airline Drive landmark is packed with 20,000 square feet of fresh produce. Open house is 2pm to 4pm.
- 835 West Cottage Street | Sunday – This smaller, two-bed, one bath bungalow is a perfect Inner Loop starters. Located on a corner lot, and surrounded by mature oak tree, the home is distinctive. Factor in a shiplap ceiling in the dining room, built in shelving, and a working fireplace, and the venue is perfect for entertaining. Visitors and residents can always visit Montie Beach Park and rent a B-Cycle to explore the neighborhood. Open house is 2pm to 4pm.
- 823 Cottage Street | Sunday – This Norhill bungalow shines with recent upgrades, a great backyard with a deck and storage shed. It’s also a quick stroll to the playground at Proctor Plaza Park, which boasts the same beautiful oak trees as the neighborhood. Open house is 2pm to 4pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).
This article was sponsored by Christopher Williams, a real estate agent with Heritage Texas Properties – Post Oak Park. Per our advertising policy, we only accept sponsored content from businesses that meet our editorial standards and truly present a valuable activity, resource, or destination for Houstonians and Houston visitors. Click here to learn about promoting your event, product or business.