Get your Earth Day on with timely special events, performances, celebrations and more for all ages across Greater Houston from Saturday, April 21 through Saturday, April 28, 2018.
With Earth Day 2018 falling on Sunday, April 22, there are plenty of nature-centric ways to celebrate the planet both inside and out.
Earth Day 2018 Events Around Greater Houston
- Earth Day 2018 at Houston Arboretum & Nature Center | Saturday, April 21 | FREE – The Houston Arboretum & Nature Center hosts their annual family-friendly Earth Day celebration that includes hikes, booths, live reptiles, food trucks and more. 10am to 2pm.
- Party for the Planet at Downtown Aquarium | Saturday, April 21 and Sunday, April 22 – Bring the whole family to the Downtown Aquarium to celebrate Earth Day with a scavenger hunt, encounters with endangered animals, fish feedings and more at an event included with museum admission. 10am to 4pm.
- Earth Day Bash at The Children’s Museum | Saturday, April 21 – Kids can explore nature’s creations and learn about protecting the planet. $12. 10am to 2pm.
- Earth Day: Picnic in the Park at Evelyn’s Park | Saturday, April 21 | FREE – Pack a picnic (or place an order for one) and sprawl out on the lawn of the new Evelyn’s Park while enjoying a mini farmers market or family-friendly fitness activities in celebration of Earth Day. 11am to 4pm.
- Earth Day at The Woodlands Children’s Museum | Earth Day, Sunday, April 22 – Create colorful projects with recycled paper at The Woodlands Children’s Museum’s Earth Day celebration. Included with general admission to the museum.
- Earth Day at Discovery Green | Earth Day, Sunday, April 22 | FREE – Discovery Green hosts their Earth Day celebration to educate, inspire, and encourage action. The event features displays, exhibits, and booths on topics ranging from alternative energy to recycling methods, a foodie farmers market, Canned Acoustica, recycling and more. Noon to 6pm.
- Earth Day Market at Karbach Brewing Co. | Earth Day, Sunday, April 22 | FREE – This Earth Day, head to Karbach Brewing Co. to shop from local vendors and artisans. The family-friendly market will include live music, food, and local craft beer. Noon to 7pm.
- 2018 Earth Day Celebration at Southdown Park | Saturday, April 28 | FREE – The City of Pearland hosts their 22nd Annual Earth Day Celebration with performances by Vocal Trash, educational booths, family games, The Crocodile Encounter, tasty food vendors and more at Southdown Park. 10am to 2pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).