Make the most of your week with our top 11 things to do with kids in Houston, from Monday, April 16 to Sunday, April 22, 2018.
Also in April 2018
Happening This Week
Top 11 Things to Do with Kids This Week in Houston
- Free Breakfast at McDonald’s for STARR Testing | Tuesday, April 17 | FREE – Students (grades 3 to 8) and teachers get a free healthy breakfast at McDonald’s to get ready for the STAAR (State of Texas Assessments of Academic Readiness) testing. 6am to 9am.
- Toddler Tuesdays at Discovery Green | Tuesday, April 17 | FREE – Grab your little ones and head to Discovery Green park for a morning of fun. Each week will be a different theme. 10:30am to 12:30pm.
- Children’s Story Hour at Hermann Park | Friday, April 20 | FREE – Bring your little ones to listen to a story every Friday morning in the McGovern Centennial Garden’s Family Garden in Hermann Park. After the reading, children are invited to participate in a fun activity. 10am to 11pm.
- Houston Texans Kids Triathlon at NRG Stadium | Saturday, April 21 and Sunday, April 22 – The largest sanctioned kids triathlon in the world returns for its fifth year as kids compete in timed events in a day promoting healthy exercise and physical activity. Swim, bike, and run portions of the event all take place in the shadow of NRG Stadium over the course of two days. Registration is $50. 6am each day.
- Autism Speaks 8K & 1K Kid’s Fun Run at Sugar Land Town Square | Saturday, April 21 – Lace up your running shoes for a good cause and take part in the Autism Speaks 8K & 1K Kid’s Fun Run at Sugar Land Town Square. You must register for this event. 7am to 11am.
- HobbyFest 2018 at Hobby Airport | Saturday, April 21 | FREE – Take off towards the Hobby Airport for the 26th Annual HobbyFest 2018 – a lively free daytime event for the whole family. Expect to see plenty of aircraft up close and personal, along with tons of activities for the kids including bounce houses, face painting, a live DJ, raffle prizes and more. 10am to 4pm.
- Earth Day: Party for the Planet at Downtown Aquarium | Saturday, April 21 and Sunday, April 22 – Bring the whole family to the Downtown Aquarium to celebrate Earth Day with a scavenger hunt, encounters with endangered animals, fish feedings and more. This event is included with general admission to the exhibit. 10am each day.
- Puppies for Breakfast Dog Fest at Market Square Park | Saturday, April 21 | FREE – Join Neue Creative, and Modular Dog for Puppies for Breakfast – an outdoor festival, which brings all things dog to Market Square Park. The fest will include over 40 dog industry vendors and artists, a costume contest, a mayor of Market Square contest, an area for four four-legged friends to play in, music and more. 10am.
- Bay Day Festival 2018 at Kemah Boardwalk | Saturday, April 21 | FREE – Take the kids to celebrate the bay at the Bay Day Festival at Kemah Boardwalk. Festival highlights include bay-themed arts and crafts, wildlife presentations, touch tanks, a scavenger hunt, science and marine exhibits and more. 11am to 4pm.
- Wonder Movie Screening at Sugar Land Town Square | Saturday, April 21 | FREE – Bring the whole family to see an outdoor screening of the movie Wonder at Sugar Land Town Center. 7:45pm.
- Earth Day at Discovery Green | Sunday, April 22 | FREE – Discovery Green hosts their Earth Day celebration to educate, inspire and encourage action. The event features displays, exhibits, and booths on topics ranging from alternative energy to recycling methods, a foodie farmers market, Canned Acoustica, recycling and more. Noon to 6pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).