Find and apply for a summer job at one of the Hire Houston Youth on-the-spot hiring events from Saturday, April 14 through Saturday, June 16, 2018.
Mayor Sylvester Turner’s Hire Houston Youth initiative, in partnership with the local McDonald’s owners/operators of Greater Houston, is hosting a series of on-the-spot hiring events through Saturday, June 16, in an effort to employ thousands of Houston area youth, ages 16 to 24, this summer.
Summer employment opportunities are available from a number of Houston area companies including McDonald’s, Hilton Americas Houston, Jack in the Box, Walgreens, Landry’s, Walmart, HEB and more. All positions are paid, offering at least $8 an hour.
Most opportunities start on Tuesday, June 19 and end no sooner than Tuesday, August 4, with some opportunities available right away.
Each hiring event is free and open to the public. Applicants do not need to pre-register or be pre-screened, but are encouraged to bring their resume, Texas ID and Social Security Card for on-the-spot hiring opportunities.
On-the-Spot Hiring Events Schedule
- HISD Hattie Mae White Building | Saturday, April 14, 2018 – 10am to 1pm
- Sterling High School | Saturday, May 5, 2018 – 10am to 2pm
- Ripley House Neighborhood Center | Saturday, May 19, 2018 – 10am to 2pm
- Houston Community College-Acres Homes | Saturday, June 2, 2018 – 10am to 2pm
- George R. Brown Convention Center | Saturday, June 9, 2018 – 10am to 2pm
- Southwest Multi-Service Center | Saturday, June 16, 2018 – 10am to 2pm
About McDonald’s Owner/Operators of Greater Houston
The McDonald’s owner/operators of Greater Houston, a co-operative of local business owners, own and operate more than 300 McDonald’s restaurants in Greater Houston.
Houston-area McDonald’s restaurants employ more than 15,000 people in the Greater Houston community.
Hire Houston Youth On-The-Spot Hiring Events
- Dates: Select Saturdays from Saturday, April 14 to Saturday, June 16, 2018
- Time: Most events are from 10am to 2pm
- Locations: Locations vary, click here for full list of locations, dates and times.
- Admission: Admission is free and open to the public. Applicants are not required to pre-register.
This story was sponsored by the McDonald’s Owner/Operators Association of Greater Houston. Per our sponsorship policy, we only accept sponsored content from businesses that meet our editorial standards and truly present a valuable activity, resource, or destination for residents and visitors across the greater Houston area. Click here to learn about promoting your event or business.