Find the can’t-miss events in Houston with our Day + Nightlife Guide for Wednesday, April 11 to Sunday, April 15, 2018.
Also in April 2018
Happening This Week
The only thing we have to fear is the fear of missing out itself.
Fear no more, we’ve got you covered with our in-the-know list of art, music, and nightlife events happening around Houston, from Wednesday through Sunday.
Day + Nightlife Guide
- Opening Weekend of The Cottonmouth Club in Downtown | No Cover | Friday to Sunday – The highly anticipated, come-one-come-all bar opens on Main Street in Downtown, serving up world-class cocktails and private barrel blended whiskey. 4pm to 2am daily.
Wednesday, April 11, 2018
- DIY Downtown: Terrarium Building at Aris Market Square – Construct your own terrarium at this craft workshop with Pop Shop America at Aris Market Square. Tickets are $35. 6:30pm to 8:30pm.
- John Egan in Concert at La Grange Houston | No Cover – Spend hump day evening with a concert from local singer-songwriter John Egan at La Grange Houston. 7pm to 10pm.
- Pixar Movie Trivia Night at Under the Radar Brewery | No Cover – Show off your knowledge of lovable Pixar movies like Toy Story, Finding Nemo, Up and more at Under the Radar Brewery. 7pm to 10pm.
- Light Up the Night with DJ Red at Belle Station – Dance the night away to beats by DJ Red and resident DJ Chris Monroe while enjoying a light show at Belle Station. Cover charge at the door. 7pm.
- Plant Nite at McIntyre’s – Spend a few hours making tabletop gardens with terrariums at McIntyre’s in The Heights. Tickets are $56. 7pm.
- Spring Sitcom Trivia at Your Pie | No Cover – Show off your knowledge from your favorite laugh track tv shows as Your Pie in Downtown hosts their Spring Sitcom Trivia series. Featuring hilarious shows like The Office, Big Bang Theory, Parks & Recreation and Friends, the winning teams can win weekly gift certificates. At the end of the 8-week series, each member of the team with the most points will win a pizza a week for one year. Player combos are $12.99 and include unlimited topping “Build-Your-Own” pizza and a pint of beer or glass of House Cab or Chardonnay. 7:30pm to 9:30pm.
- Daniel Van Kirk at The Secret Group – Let the actor and comedian Daniel Van Kirk make you laugh at this performance at The Secret Group. Tickets are $8 in advance; $12 at the door. 8pm.
- Smooky Margielaa in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – Catch a performance from hip-hop artist Smooky Margielaa at White Oak Music Hall. Tickets start at $15. 8pm.
Thursday, April 12, 2018
- Grilled Cheese Social at Revolver Houston – Celebrate National Grilled Cheese Day by building your own grilled cheese sandwich at Revolver Houston. $5 for a sandwich; $8 for a sandwich and a bloody shot. 4pm to 8pm.
- Loteria and Steak Night at Spring Street Beer & Wine Garden | No Cover – Play Loteria, also known as Mexican Bingo, and indulge in a delicious steak, ahi tuna steak, or portobello steak at Spring Street Beer & Wine Garden. Prizes will be awarded to winners. 5pm to 10pm.
- Siempre Selena Tribute at Proof Rooftop Lounge | No Cover – Experience a high energy Selena tribute show with seasoned musicians from bands such as Los Skarnales, Grupo Negami, David Olivares & Kaos at Proof Rooftop Lounge. 6pm.
- The Mavericks in Concert at House of Blues – The Mavericks combine Tex-Mex, neotraditional country music, Latin, and rockabilly. Watch them take the stage at House of Blues in Downtown. Tickets range from $35 to $75. 7pm.
- Rick and Morty Trivia at Drink of Ages Pub | No Cover – Test your knowledge of the cult animated show Rick and Morty at Drink of Ages Pub. 8pm to 10pm.
- Turtle Racing: The 10th Season at Little Woodrow’s | No Cover – Squeal with delight as your turtle races to cross the finish line when Turtle Racing returns to Little Woodrow’s for a 10th season. Expect hilarity, special drinks, DJ tunes and more under the Midtown skies. 8pm.
- Big K.R.I.T. in Concert at Warehouse Live – Rapper and producer Big K.R.I.T. comes to Warehouse Live for their Heavy is the Crown Tour. Tickets start at $27.50. 8pm.
- Warp Drive 2018 at Spire Houston – Dance to EDM music at the Warp Drive 2018 featuring DJ sets from Dirt Monkey, Subtronics, and Blunts & Blondes at Spire nightclub. Tickets are $10. 10pm.
Friday, April 13, 2018
- Beers & Art at Saint Arnold’s Brewing Co. | No Cover – Shop from local vendors and artisans selling vintage clothing and handmade goods while sipping on beer at the Saint Arnold Brewery. 5pm to 10pm.
- Marco Antonio Solís in Concert at Toyota Center – Celebrating over 40 years of music, the iconic Mexican singer Marco Antonio Solís performs at Toyota Center. Jesse & Joy open the show. Tickets start at $59.50, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s online resale market. 7pm.
- Backyard Jam Concert Series at Market Square Park | FREE –Market Square Park in Downtown hosts a free outdoor concert series featuring local bands and musicians. For this month, Dollie Barnes and Vodi perform. 7pm.
- The James Hunter Six in Concert at The Heights Theater – Catch a performance from the English R&B musician and soul singer James Hunter and his band at The Heights Theatre. Tickets range from $22 to $32. 7pm.
- ’90s Night at Howl at the Moon | No Cover – Dust off your “Macarena” dance moves and that old Starter Jacket and dance to all of your favorite ’90s hits at Howl at the Moon. 7pm.
- ComedySportz Match Improv Show at CSz Arena – Two teams battle for laughs and points as they make up scenes, games, and songs on the spot with audience participation and suggestions incorporated into the act. Tickets are $20, but you may find limited discounted tickets for $14. 8pm.
- Classic Numbers: Every Friday at Numbers Nightclub – Go back to the ’80s and hear hits from The Smiths, The Cure, Blondie and more every Friday night at the always eclectic, Numbers Nightclub in Montrose. Cover charge at the door. 9pm.
Saturday, April 14, 2018
- Crawfish Boil Benefitting The Women’s Home at West Alabama Icehouse – The Women’s Home Annual Crawfish Boil is back for another season of sweet and spicy mudbugs at West Alabama Icehouse. All proceeds from the event will go to The Women’s Home. Tickets are $45. 1pm to 5pm.
- Mixology 101: Spring Edition at Arka Art – Create three delectable Spring-inspired cocktails while learning basic mixology techniques at Arka Art. Tickets are $55. 2pm to 4pm.
- All You Can Eat Crawfish DayFest at Capitol Bar – Seafood lovers unite for a big All You Can Eat Crawfish bash featuring drinks, plenty of food, and nonstop entertainment from local DJs at Capitol Bar in Midtown. Tickets start at $20. Limited free tickets may be available. 2pm to 9pm.
- Flying Pig Festival at Khon’s | No Cover – Make your way over to Khon’s for The Flying Pig Festival, an evening filled with live music, food vendors, and a local artist, designer, and vintage pop up market. 5pm to 9pm.
- Halftoberfest at Drink of Ages Pub | No Cover – Celebrate Oktoberfest early with German beers will be on tap for $5 a pint and free bratwurst and pretzels while they last at Drink of Ages Pub. 6pm to 9pm.
- Dash Berlin at Clé Houston – Dance the beats of trance and house DJ and producer Dash Berlin at Clé lounge in Midtown. Tickets are $25. 10pm.
- Showtek at Spire Houston – EDM DJ duo Showtek spin dance music at the Spire nightclub in Downtown. Tickets are $15. 10am.
Sunday, April 15, 2018
- Free Play Sundays & All Day Happy Hour at Conservatory | No Cover – Head to Conservatory in Downtown to play some free arcade games and enjoy a happy hour on over 60 selections of beer, wine, and whiskeys in their beer garden. 11am to 10pm.
- Spring Sunday Funday All White Day Party at Sharespace – Pull out all of your best white attire for linen season at the Spring Sunday Funday All White Day Party at the Sharespace warehouse. Enjoy the nice weather while sipping on complimentary mimosas from noon to 2pm and vibe to DJ Mr. Cook spinning R&B, hip-hop, and all the latest hits. Early bird tickets are $22; $25 for general admission; $30 for unlimited mimosas. Noon to 5pm.
- Felix Da Housecat at Stereo Live – One of the biggest international electronica artists, Felix Da Housecat, makes a stop at Stereo Live, bringing a night of remixes, slinky beats, and a packed dance floor. Tickets start at $5. 6pm.
- Bruce Cockburn in Concert at The Heights Theater – One of Canada’s finest artists, Bruce Cockburn has enjoyed an illustrious career shaped by politics, spirituality, and musical diversity. His remarkable journey has seen him embrace folk, jazz, rock, and worldbeat styles. See him perform live at The Heights Theater. Tickets are $20. 8pm.
- Battle Station: Competitive Improv at Station Theater – Battle Station is a weekly improv competition that pits two expert improv teams against one another in a no-holds-barred, cage-match style, head to head show at Station Theater. Cover charge is pay-what-you-wish. 8:30pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).