Run every night of the week at different area running clubs and trails around Houston.
It comes as no surprise that the city embraces the chance to combine fitness with fun, and in many cases, beer.
While many competitive runners do participate in these clubs, beginners shouldn’t be discouraged as the real fun starts after you cross the finish line.
5 Days of 5ks around Houston
- Monday | CityCentre Running Club – Starting at 5:30pm, this group meets at Bellagreen in CityCentre each Monday for a 3.5-mile jog. Runners leave at staggered times, weaving through Memorial City neighborhoods before returning to Bellagreen for complimentary post-run snacks and happy hour specials all night long. Sponsored by Fitness, Fun, Philanthropy Running Clubs (FFP), membership is free and runners receive a free shirt after 10 group runs as well as additional membership perks.
- Tuesday | BON Running Club – Starting at 6:30pm, this group meets at The Gorgeous Gael in Rice Village each Tuesday for a 5k fun run. The route circles the beautiful Rice University Loop and returns to The Gorgeous Gael for post-run libations exclusively for runners. Also sponsored by FFP, membership is free and runners receive a free t-shirt after completing 10 group runs and one Buffalo Bayou beer for each additional run completed in the shirt.
- Wednesday | Kung Fu Running Club – Starting at 6:30pm, this group meets at Kung Fu Saloon on Washington each Wednesday for a 3 or 5-mile run. Runners start down Washington and cut through the adjacent neighborhoods and part of Memorial Park before returning to Kung Fu. Also sponsored by FFP, membership is free and runners receive a free t-shirt after completing 10 group runs and one Buffalo Bayou beer for each run completed in the shirt. Hang around afterward to play games like giant Jenga on the patio or indulge in the $8 beer dinner specials.
- Thursday | Karbach Running Club – Starting at 6:30pm, this group meets at Karbach Brewery every Thursday for a 3.5-mile run. The route starts and ends at the brewery, cutting through nearby neighborhoods along the way. First-time runners should pay close attention to the route instructions or keep pace with fellow runners to avoid getting lost. A one time $15 fee gets you a run club t-shirt, Karbach pint glass, and a beer token. Runners also get one free beer for each run completed in the t-shirt and an additional beer after every 5th run.
- Friday | Memorial Park Running Trail – Although Friday is not optimal for group runs, runners can explore the scenic Seymour Lieberman Exercise Trail at Memorial Park. The 3-mile loop is well lit with water fountains and restrooms along the path and is heavily populated almost any time of day.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
You can find more fun in our interactive event calendar and 365 Weekend Guides.
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).
Click here to sign up for free.