Welcome back the ‘Stros and send the Rockets off to the playoffs at these sports and game events around Houston during April 2018.
Also in April 2018
Top 12 Plays & Arts Performances
Happening This Week
Nightlife in Houston This Week
The World Series Champion Houston Astros return to the mound this month, aiming for a repeat title. If you can’t grab a seat for the home opener, keep an eye peeled for a huge ALCS rematch with the Yankees at the end of the month.
The Houston Rockets also close out a historically great season at home before embarking on a deep playoff run to the Finals.
Catch all of this and a busy soccer schedule around Houston in April 2018.
Top 10 Games & Sports Events This Month: April 2018
- Houston Astros vs. Baltimore Orioles at Minute Maid Park | Monday, April 2 – It might still feel like a fever dream, but the Houston Astros definitely won the World Series last fall and this game marks your first chance to see them in the brand new 2018 season. The ‘Stros already stellar bullpen gets a bigger punch with ex-Pirate Gerrit Cole for a year that promises thrills to compete with last season. Remaining tickets start at $175 and are expected to sell out, but you may find cheaper, better, or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 6:10pm.
- Houston Rockets vs. Portland Trailblazers at Toyota Center | Thursday, April 5 – The regular season is coming to a close but the Rockets are still eyeing history, hoping to finish with the best record in the NBA and homecourt advantage through the playoffs. They’ll come up against a surging Portland team that aims for the third seed, led by Damian Lillard and CJ McCollum. Tickets start at $25, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s online resale market. 7pm.
- 11th Annual Muddy Trails Bash at Rob Fleming Park | Saturday, April 7 – This event in the Woodlands provides plenty of options for participation from a 5K and 10K trail run to a kids’ one-mile fun run and even a 2K-9 run for you and your pup. Registration is $50 (10K); $45 (5K); $35 for the kids or dogs fun run. 3pm.
- Houston Astros vs. San Diego Padres at Minute Maid Park | Saturday, April 7 – The first 10,000 fans through the gates will come home with a replica World Champions ring. Remaining tickets for this Saturday night matchup start at $25 up to $88, but cheaper or better seats may be found on the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 6:10pm.
- Houston Rockets vs. Oklahoma City Thunder at Toyota Center | Saturday, April 7 – It’s Fan Appreciation Night at the Rockets’ last home game of the regular season. Throughout the night, you’ll have a chance to bring home one of the many autographed items thrown out into the crowd as the Rockets give their thanks to the fans of H-town. Remaining tickets start at $80, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s online resale market. 7:30pm.
- USA Women’s Soccer vs. Mexico at BBVA Compass Stadium | Sunday, April 8 – With the NWSL season underway, this matchup between the USWNT and Mexico provides a nice chance to refocus ahead of crucial 2019 World Cup qualifiers. Tickets range from $25 to $250, but you may find cheaper or better seats on the TicketNetwork resale market. 12:30pm.
- Houston Dynamo vs. Toronto FC at BBVA Compass Stadium | Saturday, April 21 – The defending champion Toronto Football Club arrives in Houston for an intense matchup against a Dynamo side that looks determined after an end to their 2017 playoff run in the conference semifinal. Threatening in front of goal with the likes of Mauro Manotas, Alberth Elis, and Romell Quioto, the Dynamo have been providing some thrilling soccer as of late. Tickets range from $24 to $109, but you may find cheaper or better seats on the TicketNetwork resale marketplace. 2pm.
- Houston Texans Kids Triathlon at NRG Stadium | Saturday, April 21 and Sunday, April 22 – The largest sanctioned kids triathlon in the world returns for its fifth year as kids compete in timed events in a day promoting healthy exercise and physical activity. Swim, bike, and run portions of the event all take place in the shadow of NRG Stadium over the course of two days. Registration is $50. 6am.
- Houston Dash vs. North Carolina Courage at BBVA Compass Stadium | Saturday, April 28 – The only home game this month for the Dash, they’ll come up against the North Carolina Courage, runners-up in the 2017 NWSL championship. With some of the US national team’s up-and-coming youth talent like Lynn Williams and Crystal Dunn, the Dash will have work cut out for them as they try and make the playoffs for the first time in franchise history. Tickets range from $19 to $69. 2:30pm.
- Houston Astros vs. New York Yankees at Minute Maid Park | Monday, April 30 – Last October, the Astros punched their World Series ticket by besting baseball royalty from New York in a thrilling seven-game series. The Yankees drop by to close the month of April for a four-game homestand. You can catch this promising rematch with tickets starting at $20, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s online resale market. 7:10pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
You can find more fun in our interactive event calendar and 365 Weekend Guides.
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).
Click here to sign up for free.