Make the most of your week with our top 14 event picks happening in Houston from Monday, March 19 to Sunday, March 25, 2018.
Also in March 2018
Top 11 Plays & Arts Performances
Happening This Week
Nightlife in Houston This Week
Taste wine and food pairings from some of Houston’s best restaurants, check out two days of live music at In Bloom Music Festival, join the colorful celebration of Holi, fly a kite along with thousands of your fellow Houstonians, see Bon Jovi, Lorde, or Talib Kweli in concert, and more happening this week in Houston.
Top 14 Things to Do This Week in Houston
- Sylvan Esso with Suzi Analogue in Concert at White Oak Music Hall | Monday, March 19 – Catch indie pop duo Sylvan Esso as they make their way to Houston in support of their newest album, What Now. Experimental hip-hop artist Suzi Analogue will open the show. Tickets start at $23, but you might find cheaper or better tickets using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7pm.
- Lorde with Run the Jewels in Concert at Toyota Center | Monday, March 19 – Hear hit songs such as “Green Light,” “Tennis Court,” and “Royals” when award-winning singer/songwriter Lorde brings her tour to Toyota Center. Kick off the show with hip-hop group Run the Jewels. Tickets start at $39.50, but you may find cheaper or better seats using TicketNetwork’s resale market. 7pm.
- Pat Benatar & Neil Giraldo in Concert at Smart Financial Centre in Sugar Land | Wednesday, March 21 – See a stripped-down acoustic set from four-time Grammy-winning duo Pat Benatar and Neil Giraldo at Smart Financial Centre. The iconic couple will play songs like “Promises in the Dark,” “Hell is For Children,” We Live For Love,” and “Love Is A Battlefield.” Tickets start at $59.50, but you may be able to find limited discounted tickets for $45. 8pm.
- Talib Kweli in Concert at Warehouse Live (Studio) | Wednesday, March 21 – See prominent hip hop artist, social activist, and entrepreneur Talib Kweli perform his set at Warehouse Live. As one half of the distinguished hip-hop duo, Black Star, Kweli is praised for his social commentary through songwriting and collaborations. Tickets start at $25, but you may find cheaper or better tickets on the TicketNetwork resale marketplace. 8:30pm.
- Keels & Wheels Uncorked at the Bentley Showroom of Post Oak Motor Cars | Thursday, March 22 – Taste fine wines and creative food pairings from six of Houston’s best restaurants at the 23rd annual Keels & Wheels Uncorked fundraiser, which benefits Today’s Harbor for Children. Hosted by Master of Ceremonies and longtime radio personality Sam Malone, the fundraiser invites each restaurant to design a wine and food pairing inspired by an assigned classic automobile or vintage wooden boat. Guests can also participate in a live and silent auction. Tickets start at $75. 7pm to 10pm.
- Bon Jovi in Concert at Toyota Center | Friday, March 23 – If you just want to live while you’re alive, don’t miss pop-rock icons Bon Jovi in concert at Toyota Center. In their fourth decade in the industry, the iconic group will stop in Houston as part of its This House Is Not For Sale tour. Tickets start at $29.50, but you might find cheaper or better tickets using the TicketNetwork online market. 7:30pm.
- Tomball German Heritage Festival in Old Town Tomball | Friday, March 23 to Sunday, March 25 | No Cover – Eat, drink, and celebrate all things German at the German Heritage Festival in Old Town Tomball. Beer, wine, and plenty of food will be available for purchase, along with a petting zoo, live music, and more than 200 vendors. Friday 6pm to 10pm; Saturday 10am to 10pm; Sunday 10am to 6pm.
- The Lemon Climb Houston at Chase Tower | Saturday, March 24 – Climb up 75 flights of stairs inside the tallest building in Houston to support Alex’s Lemonade Stand Fund, a national foundation that raises money for research into new treatments and cures for childhood cancer. $25. 8:30am.
- 4th Annual BigAss Crawfish Bash at Gulf Greyhound Park | Saturday, March 24 – Stuff your face with all-you-can-eat mudbugs while listening to live music, riding carnival rides, and shopping from vendors during the BigAss Crawfish Bash at Gulf Greyhound Park. The annual event, which is known to sell out, benefits several charities, including Camp Hope, Texas Special Olympics, local Education Foundations, Boyscouts, and C.E.R.T. 11am to 11pm.
- Houston Holi: Festival of Colors at Brazos River Park | Saturday, March 24 – Celebrate India’s harvest season with a lively festival of food, dancing, Bollywood music, carnival rides, and of course, blasts of multicolored powder. Headlining the festival is Zach Knight, a British-Pakistani singer, songwriter, and producer known for his catchy Indian pop. $12. Noon to 5pm.
- Houston Rockets vs. New Orleans Pelicans at Toyota Center | Saturday, March 24 – Cheer loud for the Rockets when they hit the court to play the Pelicans at Toyota Center. Tickets start at $59, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 7pm.
- In Bloom Music Festival at Eleanor Tinsley Park | Saturday, March 24 and Sunday, March 25 – Boasting a new name and earlier dates, what was formerly Free Press Summer Fest is now In Bloom Music Festival at Eleanor Tinsley Park. This year’s lineup features more than 50 artists, including Incubus, Beck, and Martin Garrix. Tickets start at $79, but you may find cheaper or better tickets on the TicketNetwork resale marketplace. 11am both days.
- Fifth Annual Kite Festival at Hermann Park | Sunday, March 25 | FREE – Fly a kite alongside thousands of Houstonians at Hermann Park’s Fifth Annual Kite Festival. Take a break from kiting to enjoy music and entertainment, interactive activities, and crafting in the H-E-B Kids’ Zone, face painting, and food trucks. 10am to 5pm.
- Houston Dash vs. Chicago Red Stars at BBVA Compass Stadium | Sunday, March 25 – Cheer on the Dash as they play the Chicago Red Stars in a home game at BBVA Compass Stadium. Tickets start at $19. 4pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
You can find more fun in our interactive event calendar and 365 Weekend Guides.
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).
Click here to sign up for free.