Find the can’t-miss events in Houston with our Day + Nightlife Guide for Wednesday, March 21 to Sunday, March 25, 2018.
Also in March 2018
Top 11 Plays & Arts Performances
Happening This Week
Nightlife in Houston This Week
The only thing we have to fear is the fear of missing out itself.
Fear no more, we’ve got you covered with our in-the-know list of art, music, and nightlife events happening around Houston, from Wednesday through Sunday.
Day + Nightlife Guide
Wednesday, March 21, 2018
- Yappy Hour at Midtown Park | No Cover – Enjoy a pet-friendly happy hour at Midtown Park that features treats from Urban Tails, giveaways, contests, doggie yoga, and prizes. 5:30pm to 7pm.
- Girls Pint Out at Saint Arnold Brewing Co. – Get your girlfriend together for some cold brews at Girls Pint Out at Saint Arnold Brewing Co. Tickets are $25. $5 from each ticket will go to the Houston Area Women’s Center. 6pm to 9pm.
- The Big Lebowski Trivia at Under the Radar Brewery | No Cover – Under the Radar Brewery celebrates the release of “Laughing Bear”, their Russian Imperial Stout, so grab your bathrobes, and play The Big Lebowski Trivia. 7pm to 9pm.
- The Dead South in Concert at Dosey Doe – See the Canadian folk-bluegrass musical ensemble, The Death South at Dosey Doe in The Woodlands. Tickets start at $10. 7pm.
- Marvel Trivia Wednesdays at Your Pie | No Cover – Show off your knowledge of Marvel superheroes and villains at Marvel Trivia on every Wednesday in March. In addition to free trivia, there will be a $12.99 Player Combo that includes a build-your-own pizza and a pint of St. Arnold’s new Orange Show, Spring Bock, Art Car or 5 O’Clock Pils. 7:30pm.
- Patrick Sweany in Concert at Under the Volcano – Nashville-based soul singer, Patrick Sweany takes the stage at Under the Volcano in the Rice Village. Tickets are $10 at the door. 8pm.
- Reggae Wednesday at The Flat | No Cover – Vibe to old and new school, dancehall, reggae, soca, and afro beats with DJ Fiyah Rama at The Flat. 10pm.
Thursday, March 22, 2018
- Happy Hour Thursdays at the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston | No Cover – Bring your friends to a museum-style happy hour and enjoy the exhibitions, bites from food trucks, and specialty cocktails at the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston. Drinks will be for sale by credit card at the bar. 5pm to 8pm.
- Cultured Cocktails: Frame Dance at Bar Boheme | No Cover – Fresh Art hosts their Cultured Cocktails happy hour where a portion of the proceeds will benefit the Frame Dance art gallery. 5pm to 8pm.
- Jeezy in Concert at House of Blues – Rapper Jeezy performs at House of Blues with opener Tee Grizzley. Tickets start at $49.50. 7pm.
- Singo Music Bingo at Little Woodrow’s Katy | No Cover – Hear the songs you love while playing bingo for prizes at Little Woodrow’s in Katy. 7:30pm to 10pm.
- The Bronze Gold Speakeasy at Prohibition Supperclub & Bar – The Moonlight Show returns with a twist, bringing an exhilarating blend of classic solo acts from the Moonlight Dolls and live music from the five-piece Bronze Gold Band. Let your eyes be dazzled by sparkling showgirls and breathtaking aerial performances, while your ears are treated to atmospheric original musical arrangements. Tickets are $15, but you may find limited discounted tickets for $7.50. 8pm.
- CSz presents The EaDo Comedy Show – Catch plenty of high-energy characters, fast-paced scenes, and personal absurdities in The Eado Comedy Show, CSz Houston’s long-form improv show that draws from the fun East Downtown neighborhood vibe. Full price tickets are $10, but limited comped (you only pay ticketing fees) and discounted $5 tickets available. 8pm.
- Thursday Night Dart Tourney at Rudyard’s British Pub – Every Thursday, the Houston Darts Association and Rudyard’s hosts a Blind Draw Doubles tournament where you can play for cash prizes. Entry fees will be determined at the start of the tournament, but they are generally $7. 8pm.
- ARMNHMR at Stereo Live Houston – Los Angeles-based DJ duo ARMNHMR spin dance music at Stereo Live Houston. Tickets start at $5. 10pm.
- House of Trill DJ Night at Spire Houston – House of Trill features DJs ETC! ETC! and JSTJR for a night of dancing at Spire nightclub. Tickets are $5. 10pm.
Friday, March 23, 2018
- Fourth Friday Night Market in the East End | No Cover – Fourth Friday Night Market is a monthly outdoor small business event featuring the works of dozens of visual artists and craft vendors. Located in the Historic East End, the market showcases paintings, sculpture, photography, jewelry, and handcrafted items. 6pm.
- Opening Reception: Just Relax at Art League Houston | No Cover – Art League Houston presents Just Relax, an exhibition by Houston based photographer Britt Thomas, in conjunction with Fotofest 2018 Biennial. The exhibition features a selection of audio, video, and photographic components that explore issues related to infertility. 6pm to 9pm.
- Doomsday Wrestling Live at Market Square Park | No Cover – Enjoy an evening of headlocks and hi-jinks with the wacky wrestlers from Doomsday Wrestling at Market Square Park in Downtown. 7pm.
- Sticky Fingers 4: A Sticker Art Show at Insomnia Gallery | No Cover – See a group exhibition where local artists design their own stickers at Insomnia Gallery. 7pm to 10pm.
- Mark C. Austin’s 41st Birthday Party & Charity Concert at The Heights Theater – Celebrate the local band manager Mark C. Austin’s birthday with music by Los Skarnales, Buxton, Vodi, and a silent auction with local art at The Heights Theater. All proceeds will benefit LifeGift of Houston. Tickets are $20. 7pm.
- The Houston Pancakes & Booze Art Show at Warehouse Live – Enjoy over 120 emerging artists, live body painting, and a full pancakes bar at Warehouse Live. The music lineup is TBA. Tickets start at $10. 8pm.
- Pink Floyd Tribute with Thee Experience at The Continental Club – Thee Experience performs Pink Floyd’s psychedelic masterpiece album, The Piper at the Gates of Dawn, along with a psychedelic light show at The Continental Club. Cover charge at the door. 9pm.
- Graham Wilkinson in Concert at McGonigel’s Mucky Duck – Hear the rock n roll sounds of Texas native Graham Wilkinson at McGonigel’s Mucky Duck. Tickets are $20 in advance and $22 at the door. 9:30pm.
Saturday, March 24, 2018
- Black Girls Rock: Social & Mixer at Rooftop Bar and Grill on Calhoun – Network and have fun doing it at the 2nd Annual Black Girls Rock social/mixer, a fun professional event featuring light bites and female performers from in and around Houston. Tickets are $20. 1pm to 4pm.
- Paws & Claws Pub Crawl at Christian’s Tailgate White Oak – Animal Justice League and Eureka Heights have partnered for the inaugural Paws & Claws Pub Crawl along White Oak Drive. Four bars are participating in the event, with the punch card distribution and pint glass distribution occurring at Christian’s Tailgate. Tickets are $15 in advance; $20 at the door. 1pm to 5pm.
- 8th Annual Bayou City Poetry Grand Slam at Alley Theatre – Watch 16 of the fiercest, most well-known poets from across the nation compete to be No. 1. Tickets are $30, but you may find limited discounted tickets for $15. 7pm.
- Checked Out Style: T-Shirt Launch at El Bambi | No Cover – Check Out Style celebrates the launch of their new t-shirts based on paperback novel cover art at the El Bambi vintage store. There will be booze, beer, and live tunes from the A Fistful of Soul DJs. 7pm to 9pm.
- The Band of Heathens in Concert at The Heights Theater – Austin-based rock n roll band The Band of Heathens performs at The Heights Theater. Tickets range from $22 to $34. 7pm.
- Silent Party Houston at Fox Hollow – Don a pair of headphones and rock with 3 live DJs spinning your hip-hop, R&B, reggae, and old-school hits at Fox Hollow. Early bird tickets start at $10. 9:30pm.
- The Late Show: Bathtub Full of Gin at Prohibition Supperclub – Step into the Roaring ’20s, when skirts were short and booze was a secret pleasure. Bathtub Full of Gin is Terrible Enfant’s Theatre Company’s new spectacular immersive dance party series, where evocative theatre performances combine with high energy electro swing music. Tickets are $20 for standing; $35 for seated, but limited, discounted $10 standing tickets are available for most shows. 11:30pm.
Sunday, March 25, 2018
- Free Play Sundays & All Day Happy Hour at Conservatory | No Cover – Head to Conservatory in Downtown to play some free arcade games and enjoy a happy hour on over 60 selections of beer, wine, and whiskeys in their beer garden. 11am to 10pm.
- Suck It Sundays at Lucky’s Pub | No Cover – Lucky’s Pub in EaDo hosts Suck It Sundays where you can enjoy crawfish by the pound and drink specials. Noon.
- Crawfish Boil at Revelry on Richmond | No Cover – Revelry on Richmond hosts an all-you-can-eat crawfish boil every Sunday with drink specials, plenty of games, and patio space. Crawfish are $30 a pound. 1pm.
- 3rd Annual Pup Crawl at Houston Arboretum & Nature Center – Saint Arnold’s Brewing Company hosts the 3rd Annual Pup Crawl & Pet Expo, where you can enjoy a beer, play with pups, and have a bite at one of the various food trucks all for a good cause. Half of the proceeds will go to the Houston Arboretum and the other half will benefit their local Ale Wagger partner BARC. Tickets are $25. 4pm to 7pm.
- Rob $tone in Concert at House of Blues – Catch the California-based rapper Rob $tone in concert at House of Blues in Downtown. Tickets are $22. 7pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
You can find more fun in our interactive event calendar and 365 Weekend Guides.
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).
Click here to sign up for free.