Make the most of your week with our top 10 event picks happening in Houston from Monday, March 12 to Sunday, March 18, 2018.
Also in March 2018
Happening This Week
Craft your own cocktail infusions, cheer on the St. Patrick’s Day parade, root for the Rockets when they take on the Spurs, eat a traditional Irish breakfast, celebrate five years of 8th Wonder brews, and more happening this week in Houston.
Top 10 Things to Do This Week in Houston
- Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo at NRG Park | Daily – Dust off your boots and head to NRG for the Rodeo, complete with carnival rides, rodeo competitions, and fried food, as well as nightly concerts from acts like Garth Brooks, Zac Brown Band, Keith Urban, J Balvin, OneRepublic, Brad Paisley, and Chris Stapleton. Tickets start at $18, but you may find tickets on TicketNetwork’s online resale market. Tuesday to Friday 6:45pm; Saturday and Sunday 3:45pm.
- Houston Rockets vs. San Antonio Spurs at Toyota Center | Monday, March 12 – Cheer loud for the Rockets when they hit the court to play the Spurs at Toyota Center. Tickets start at $20, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 7pm.
- Deep Cuts, Plastic Picnic, Narrowhead and Tee Vee at White Oak Music Hall | Monday, March 12 – See Houston’s own, Deep Cuts, headline a show at White Oak Music Hall in support of their upcoming release. Plastic Picnic, Narrowhead, and Tee Vee will open the show. Tickets start at $8. 7pm.
- DIY Downtown: Cocktail Bitters & Infusions at Local Foods | Wednesday, March 14 – Craft your own banana nut whiskey, garlic vodka, or raspberry gin when Pop Shop America joins Local Foods for a DIY pop up at their Downtown location. With the help of experienced guides, you’ll create two mini infusions and bitters to use in your very own cocktail recipe. $35. 6:30pm to 8:30pm.
- 40th Anniversary Celebration at Treebeards (Market Square) | Through Friday, March 16 – Feast on traditional Southern foods at a discounted price in honor of Treebeards’ 40th-anniversary celebration. The cafeteria-style eatery’s Market Square location will offer its original menu with its original prices from 1978 throughout the first two weeks of March.
- Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater at Jones Hall | Friday, March 16 and Saturday, March 17 – Watch the talented dancers of Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater during a stunning performance at Jones Hall. Artistic director Robert Battle delivers a unique program spanning styles from contemporary favorites to beloved classics. Tickets start at $34, not including ticket fees, but you may find limited discounted tickets. 7:30pm both nights.
- St. Patrick’s Day Events Around Houston | St. Patrick’s Day, Saturday, March 17 – Drink green beer at St. Patrick’s Day Festival 2018 at Lucky’s Pub, line the streets of Downtown and cheer on the 59th Annual Houston St. Patrick’s Parade at MinuteMaid Park, eat an Irish breakfast at St. Patrick’s Day at Saint Arnold Brewery, bring the family to the 2nd Annual Woodlands Shamrock Shindig at Town Green Park, or check out the party at your favorite neighborhood bar. Prices, times, and locations vary.
- 5th Annual Celebr8tion of Beer at 8th Wonder Brewery | Saturday, March 17 – Wish a happy birthday to EaDo’s 8th Wonder Brewery as they celebrate five years in business. In honor of the occasion, they’ll host a birthday bash complete with beer, food trucks, and live music. Tickets start at $35. 2pm to 10pm.
- St. Paddy’s Day Half Marathon at Sugar Land Town Square | Sunday, March 18 – Work off all the green beer you’ve imbibed by running a 13.1-mile loop that starts and ends at Sugar Land Town Square. Runners are encouraged to dress up in Irish garb for a costume contest following the race. 7:15am to 11am.
- Rodeo Special at Tony Mandola’s Gulf Coast Kitchen | Through Sunday, March 18 – Show your rodeo tickets and receive a cowboy-sized meal for a discounted price at Tony Mandola’s Gulf Coast Kitchen. With the purchase of an entree, rodeo attendees will get a 6-to-8 ounce lobster tail and 14-ounce ribeye for free.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).