Make the most of your week with our top 8 things to do with kids in Houston, from Monday, March 12 to Sunday, March 18, 2018.
Also in March 2018
Happening This Week
Top 8 Things to Do with Kids This Week in Houston
- Spring Break Daily Flight Plan at Lone Star Flight Museum | Monday, March 12 through Saturday, March 17 – Bring the whole family to the Lone Star Flight Museum for daily activities and demonstrations during their Spring Break Daily Flight Plan event. Kids can meet with real-life pilots, mechanics and scientists, and participate in demonstrations and workshops throughout the Spring Break week. Included with general admission to the museum. Times vary each day.
- Alamo Kids Camp: Fantastic Mr. Fox Movie Screening at Alamo Drafthouse Mason Park | Monday, March 12 through Thursday, March 15 – This Spring Break the Alamo Drafthouse Mason Park hosts a kids camp where they host a daytime screening of Wes Anderson’s Fantastic Mr. Fox for the kiddos. Tickets are $5. 12:15pm each day.
- Children’s Story Hour at Hermann Park | Friday, March 16 | FREE – Bring your little ones to listen to a story every Friday morning in the McGovern Centennial Garden’s Family Garden. After the reading, children are invited to participate in a fun activity. 10am to 11pm.
- Volo by Diavolo at Miller Outdoor Theatre | Friday, March 16 | FREE – Marvel with the whole family as America’s Got Talent contemporary dance sensation Diavolo takes the stage to kick off the 2018 Season at Miller Outdoor Theatre. 8pm.
- Alice! at Prohibition | Saturday, March 16 – Newly reimagined and adapted from Lewis Carroll’s Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland and Alice Through the Looking Glass, this musical and interactive family adventure combines the beloved story with additional treats. Tickets are $20, but you may find limited discounted tickets for $10. Noon.
- 59th Annual Houston St. Patrick’s Parade in Downtown | Saturday, March 16 | FREE – Join Houston’s Irish and Irish-at-heart for the free St. Patrick’s Day Parade in Downtown. With more than 100 entries, this annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade honors Houston’s first responders and there are plenty of spots along the parade route for fans of all ages. Noon.
- Family Day at CAMH | Saturday, March 16 | FREE – Enter the mind of an artist through a photography scavenger hunt, participate in a poetry in action tour, get creative with optical illusion crafts and more at Family Day at the Contemporary Arts Museum Houston. 1pm to 4pm.
- Family Days at Bayou Bend Collection & Gardens | Sunday, March 17 | FREE – The Bayou Bend Collection & Gardens host their Family Days where you can enjoy workshops, live entertainment, guided tours, crafts, and more on selected third Sundays. This weeks theme is Remember the Ladies: Women in America. 1pm to 5pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).