Find the can’t-miss events in Houston with our Day + Nightlife Guide for Wednesday, March 14 to Sunday, March 18, 2018.
Also in March 2018
Happening This Week
The only thing we have to fear is the fear of missing out itself.
Fear no more, we’ve got you covered with our in-the-know list of art, music, and nightlife events happening around Houston, from Wednesday through Sunday.
Day + Nightlife Guide
All Weekend Long
- Bumble’s Official Rodeo Afterparty at Armadillo Palace | FREE | Thursday to Saturday – Join the popular dating app Bumble and keep the Rodeo fun going. Show your Bumble, BumbleBFF or BumbleBizz profile and score free drinks, Rodeo-themed photobooth fun, plus Bumble swag for the first to arrive each evening. Single, couples, friend groups are all welcome. Hours vary by evening.
- Little Woodrow’s St. Patrick’s Day Celebration: Four Days of Green Festivities in Midtown | Daily – Sate your appetite for all things Irish at Little Woodrow’s four-day celebration. Things start off on Thursday with a special Irish edition of the World Famous Turtle Races and continue through Sunday. The main event is the party on Saturday, with DJ tunes, green beer, Irish whiskeys, and more St. Paddy’s festivities. Hours vary by day.
Wednesday, March 14, 2018
- DIY Downtown: Cocktail Bitters & Infusions at Local Foods – DIY Downtown and Pop Shop America host a boozy DIY workshop where you will be making and tasting alcohol infusions at Local Foods Downtown. Tickets are $35 per person. 6:30pm to 8:30pm.
- Houston Rodeo: OneRepublic at NRG Park – The Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo present the American rock band, OneRepublic in concert at NRG Park as part of their 2018 rodeo lineup. Tickets start at $18, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s online resale market. 6:45pm.
- New Politics in Concert at House of Blues – Catch the Danish rock band, New Politics in concert with openers Dreamers and The Wrecks at House of Blues in Downtown. Tickets are $25. 7pm.
- English Beat in Concert at Warehouse Live – See a performance from the ska new wave band, English Beat at Warehouse Live. Tickets start at $23. 7pm.
- Marvel Trivia Wednesdays at Your Pie | No Cover – Show off your knowledge of Marvel superheroes and villains as Your Pie and Saint Arnold Brewing Co. present Marvel Trivia on every Wednesday in March. In addition to free trivia, there will be a $12.99 Player Combo that includes a build-your-own pizza and a pint of St. Arnold’s new Orange Show, Spring Bock, Art Car or 5 O’Clock Pils. 7:30pm.
- Reggae Wednesday at The Flat | No Cover – Vibe to old and new school, dancehall, reggae, soca, and afro beats with DJ Fiyah Rama at The Flat. 10pm.
Thursday, March 15, 2018
- Happy Hour Thursdays at the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston | No Cover – Bring your friends to a museum-style happy hour and enjoy the exhibitions, bites from food trucks, and specialty cocktails at the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston. Drinks will be for sale by credit card at the bar. 5pm to 8pm.
- Radar Talk at Under the Radar Brewery | No Cover – Radar Talk is a panel discussion featuring local creatives at Under the Radar Brewery. This month, local band Only Beast will be performing an acoustic set. 6pm to 7:30pm.
- March Beer Pairing Demo Dinner at City Acre Brewing Co. – Enjoy a 4-course dinner paired with beer with a demo of each course by Chef Rick at City Acre’s Victorian-style manor. Tickets are $50. 7pm to 10pm.
- The Dwarves in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – Punk rockers The Dwarves headline at White Oak Music Hall with openers Satanic Overlords Of Rock N Roll and more. Tickets are $15. 7:30pm.
- World Famous Turtle Races at Little Woodrow’s St. Patrick’s Day Celebration: Four Days of Green Festivities in Midtown | No Cover – Kick off your St. Patrick’s Weekend with a special Irish edition of Little Woodrow’s turtle races and DJ tunes. Music starts at 8pm and turtle races follow. There’s no cost to play.
- CSz presents The EaDo Comedy Show – Catch plenty of high-energy characters, fast-paced scenes, and personal absurdities in The Eado Comedy Show, CSz Houston’s long-form improv show that draws from the fun East Downtown neighborhood vibe. Full price tickets are $10, but limited comped (you only pay ticketing fees) and discounted $5 tickets available. 8pm.
- Thursday Night Dart Tourney at Rudyard’s British Pub – Every Thursday, the Houston Darts Association and Rudyard’s hosts a Blind Draw Doubles tournament where you can play for cash prizes. Entry fees will be determined at the start of the tournament, but they are generally $7. 8pm.
- Ready to Rumble Trivia at Drink of Ages Pub | No Cover – Brush up on your late ’90s wrestling and play some Ready to Rumble trivia at Drink of Ages Pub. 8pm to 10pm.
- James Bond Trivia at Stats Sportsbar | No Cover – Test your knowledge of all the James Bond films at this trivia night at Stats Sportsbar. There will be drink specials along with .75 cent wings. 8pm.
- ¡Sabrosa! Soundsystem at Axelrad | No Cover – A Fistful of Soul presents ¡Sabrosa! Soundsystem, a monthly DJ night featuring vintage latin and tropical rhythms on original vinyl at Axelrad. 10pm.
Friday, March 16, 2018
- The World’s First Leprechaun Drop at Lucky’s Pub – On the eve of St. Patrick’s Day, Lucky’s Pub will be celebrating it Times Square style, but instead of dropping a ball they will be dropping a Leprechaun at midnight. The first 500 tickets are free. After that, tickets start at $10. 6pm.
- The Mallett Brothers Band in Concert at Cottonwood | No Cover – Hear the roots-rock sounds of The Mallett Brothers Band at Cottonwood. 7pm.
- The Big Lebowski Movie Screening Party at Alamo Drafthouse Mason Park – In honor of the 20th anniversary of the Coen Brothers classic, The Big Lebowski, Alamo Drafthouse hosts a movie party. Tickets are $12.99. 7:30pm.
- Little Woodrow’s St. Patrick’s Day Celebration in Midtown | No Cover – On St. Patrick’s Eve, DJs start spinning at 10pm as Little Woodrow’s in Midtown continues its Four Days of Green Festivities and builds up to the big day.
- Trap Karaoke at Warehouse Live – Sign up to perform your favorite trap songs or come to sing along at the Trap Karaoke night at Warehouse Live. Tickets range from $20 to $40. 8pm.
- Classic Numbers: Every Friday at Numbers Nightclub – Go back to the ’80s and hear hits from The Smiths, The Cure, Blondie and more every Friday night at the always eclectic, Numbers Nightclub in Montrose. Cover charge at the door. 9pm.
- St. Patrick’s Day at Metropolis – Get that green outfit ready and head to Metropolis for a night of dancing to top 40 and Latin hits all night long. Free for ladies; free for gentlemen before 11pm. 9pm.
- A Fistful of Soul at The Continental Club | No Cover – Bust a move at Houston’s monthly ’60s soul and rhythm & blues dance party at The Continental Club in Mid Main. 9pm.
- Thomas Gold at Clé Houston – Electronic and house DJ Thomas Gold hits the decks at the Clé bar and lounge in Midtown. Tickets are $10. 10pm.
Saturday, March 17, 2018
- St. Patrick’s Day at Saint Arnold Brewery – Head to Saint Arnold Brewery for a Special Irish Breakfast and St. Patrick’s Day party. The Irish festivities will continue throughout the day, with live music, special beer releases, food trucks, a World Elevated Beer Pouring Championship, and the Donegal Beard Growing Competition. The party is free to attend, but tickets to the special Irish breakfast can be reserved for $40 (including eats and beer). 10am to 6pm.
- St. Patrick’s Day Festival 2018 at Lucky’s Pub West – 94.5 The Buzz, Lucky’s Pub West, and AWE Productions present the 11th Annual St. Patrick’s Day Festival in Katy. Wear green and enjoy live music, costumes, food trucks, plenty of green beer, and an afternoon appearance from 94.5’s The Rod Ryan Show. 10am.
- St. Patrick’s All Day Party at King’s BierHaus | No Cover – Put on your lucky green attire and celebrate St. Patrick’s Day at King’s BierHaus on The Heights. Enter the fully decorated bar and restaurant and enjoy Irish drink specials, green beer, bangers and mash, and live Irish music beginning at 5pm. All day.
- The St. Patrick’s Day Party at Henderson Heights Pub & Grub | No Cover – Pull out all of your green attire and party like the Irish at Henderson Heights Pub’s St. Patrick’s Day Party. This all-day party in the Heights will feature food and drink specials including Irish Car Bombs for $6.50 and green beer, live music from 2pm to 11pm, and free Jameson t-shirts. The party will go from 11am to 2am.
- Little Woodrow’s St. Patrick’s Day Celebration in Midtown | No Cover – Celebrate the big day with green beer, Irish whiskeys, and Irish festivities on the big and newly renovated patio overlooking Downtown. Bar opens at 11:30am. DJ tunes start at 1pm.
- Luck of the Irish St. Patrick’s Day Pub Crawl Houston – Party in your shamrock-shaped glasses and make your way to participating bars like Belle Station, Little Woodrows, Capitol Bar, Howl at the Moon, Sage County and more, on Washington Avenue for plenty of drink specials. Tickets are $11.77. Noon.
- 5th Annual Celebr8tion of Beer at 8th Wonder Brewery – 8th Wonder is celebrating its fifth birthday with a rain-or-shine throwdown. Tickets include beer and will grant you admission to the festivities, which will feature live music, food trucks, and plenty of fun. Tickets for general admission are $35 in advance; $45 at the door. 2pm to 10pm.
- Saint Patricks Day Lepre-Con Pub Crawl & Concert at Market Square Park | No Cover – After the St. Patrick’s parade, make your way to the Downtown’s Historic District where you’re sure to find your fair share of green beer and eats. Then head over to Market Square Park for some festive fun and live music by the Celtic rock band, Murder the Stout. 3pm to 8pm.
- Ratio Redux: A Photography Exhibition at The Hardy & Nance Studios | No Cover – See the art show, Radio Redux, a photography exhibition celebrating analog and alternative photography at The Hardy & Nance Studios. 6pm to 10pm.
- The Late Show: Bathtub Full of Gin at Prohibition Supperclub – Step into the Roaring ’20s, when skirts were short and booze was a secret pleasure. Bathtub Full of Gin is Terrible Enfant’s Theatre Company’s new spectacular immersive dance party series, where evocative theatre performances combine with high energy electro swing music. Tickets are $20 for standing; $35 for seated, but limited, discounted $10 standing tickets are available for most shows. 11:30pm.
Sunday, March 18, 2018
- Free Play Sundays & All Day Happy Hour at Conservatory | No Cover – Head to Conservatory in Downtown to play some free arcade games and enjoy a happy hour on over 60 selections of beer, wine, and whiskeys in their beer garden. 11am to 10pm.
- Little Woodrow’s St. Patrick’s Day Celebration: The Final Day of Green Festivities in Midtown | No Cover – Finish off your St. Paddy’s celebration with one last day of Irish festivities and fun. 11:30am to close.
- Third Birthday Party at Johnny’s Gold Brick | No Cover – Heights cocktail bar Johnny’s Gold Brick will be celebrating its third birthday with a blowout bash, featuring live music, guest bartenders, a menu of Johnny’s Greatest Hits, and Texas barbecue (6pm to close) from Chapman House BBQ. 2pm to 10pm.
- Robin Schulz at Clé Houston – Clé Houston brings DJ Robin Schulz and opens their pool for their summer sessions kick-off event. Tickets are $15. 2pm to 8pm.
- Houston Rodeo: Garth Brooks at NRG Park – The Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo present the country music icon, Garth Brooks in concert at NRG Park as part of their 2018 rodeo lineup. Tickets for this concert are sold out, but you may be able to find tickets on TicketNetwork’s online resale market. 3:45pm.
- Lost Stars in Concert at The Secret Group – See the Nashville-based pop rock band Lost Starts with openers Kin Finn and Sik Mule at The Secret Group. Tickets start at $8. 8pm.
- Gus Dapperton in Concert at Rockefellers Houston – Watch the pop musician Gus Dapperton with openers Children of Pop and Pastel at Rockefellers Houston. Tickets start at $10. 7pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).