Pull out all of your green clothes and accessories to prepare for events celebrating the four-leaf clover, with St. Patrick’s Day events happening across Houston on St. Patrick’s Day, Saturday, March 17, 2018.
Also in March 2018
Happening This Week
Whether you are looking for a family-friendly parade or an adults-only pub crawl, Houston loves their St. Patrick’s Day bashes and has plenty to offer for everyone.
Check out a few of our favorite spots in town that might have the brew for what ails you this St. Patrick’s Day, Saturday, March 17, 2018.
Featured St. Patrick’s Day Events*
No DWI – Free Sober Rides on St. Patrick’s Day | Across Houston – Make the right choice to take a taxi or use a ride-sharing service to get home if you’ve been drinking, pay for it up front, and the law firm Sutliff & Stout will reimburse you for it via PayPal. The offer is valid from 5pm on St. Patrick’s Day, Saturday, March 17 through 10am on Sunday, March 18, 2018. Click here for details.
53rd Annual St. Patrick’s Day Festival at Griff’s Irish Pub – Celebrate the luck of the Irish with green beer, corn beef and cabbage, face painters, Irish dancers, bagpipers, and 9 bands on two stages at Griff’s annual St. Patrick’s Day Festival. Presale tickets start at $5. 10am to 2am.
Little Woodrow’s St. Patrick’s Day Celebration in Midtown | No Cover – Celebrate the big day with green beer, Irish whiskeys, and Irish festivities on the big and newly renovated patio overlooking Downtown. The event is part of the bar’s four-day St. Patrick’s Weekend event. Bar opens at 11:30am. DJ tunes start at 1pm.
59th Annual Houston St. Patrick’s Parade in Downtown | FREE – Join Houston’s Irish and Irish-at-heart for the free St. Patrick’s Day Parade in Downtown. With more than 100 entries, this annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade honors Houston’s first responders and there are plenty of spots along the parade route for fans of all ages. Noon to 2pm.
Luck of the Irish St. Patrick’s Day Pub Crawl Houston – Celebrate the Luck of the Irish and put on your best green attire at this St. Paddy’s Day Pub Crawl in Midtown. Party in your shamrock-shaped glasses and make your way to participating bars like Belle Station, Little Woodrows, Capitol Bar, Howl at the Moon, Sage County and more, on Washington Avenue for plenty of drink specials. Tickets are $11.77. Noon to close.
The St. Patrick’s Day Party at Henderson Heights Pub & Grub – Don your greenest clothing and head to an all-day party in the Washington Heights. There will be for and drink specials (including Irish Car Bombs for $6.50 and green beer), live music, and free Jameson t-shirts. 2pm to 11pm.
More St. Patrick’s Day 2018 Events Around Houston
- Lucky Charm 5K at Mo’s Irish Pub Katy – Start off your St. Patrick’s Day on the right foot with the Lucky Charm 5k Run at Mo’s Irish Pub in Katy. Tickets range from $35 to $45; registration for kids is $15. 7:45am to 10am.
- St. Patrick’s Day Festival 2018 at Lucky’s Pub – 94.5 The Buzz, Lucky’s Pub, and AWE Productions present the 11th Annual St. Patrick’s Day Festival in EaDo. Wear green and enjoy 3 stages of live music, costumes, food trucks, and plenty of green beer. 8am to 2am.
- St. Patrick’s Day at Saint Arnold Brewery | No Cover – Head to Saint Arnold Brewery for a Special Irish Breakfast and St. Patrick’s Day party. The Irish festivities will continue throughout the day, with live music, special beer releases, food trucks, a World Elevated Beer Pouring Championship, and the Donegal Beard Growing Competition. The party is free to attend, but tickets to the special Irish breakfast can be reserved for $40. 10am to 6pm.
- St. Patrick’s Day Festival 2018 at Lucky’s Pub West – 94.5 The Buzz, Lucky’s Pub West, and AWE Productions present the 11th Annual St. Patrick’s Day Festival in Katy. This bash will feature live music, costumes, food trucks, plenty of green beer, and an afternoon appearance from 94.5‘s The Rod Ryan Show. Tickets start at $10. 10am.
- St. Patrick’s Day 2018 Shenanigans at The Phoenix on Westheimer | No Cover – Adults and kids alike can take part in some St. Patrick’s Day Shenanigans at The Phoenix on Westheimer. There will be food and drinks for sale and activities for everyone. 10am.
- 3rd Annual Green Mile & St. Patrick’s Day Block Party at Clutch Bar – Make your way to Washington Avenue as participating bars including Clutch Bar, Lincoln Bar and more host the 3rd Annual Green Mile & St. Patrick’s Day Block Party. Toast with your buddies and enjoy food, live entertainment, raffles, prizes and more. Tickets range from $5 to $15. 11am to 10pm.
- St. Patrick’s Day-themed Run at Buffalo Bayou Brewing Company – Put on your leprechaun costume and choose from a 3-mile or 5-mile run at Buffalo Bayou Brewing Company. The run itself is free, but admission to the brewery is $10 a person. 11am to 3pm.
- St. Patrick’s Day Party at City Acre Brewing Co. | No Cover – City Acre Brewing Co. hosts a free St. Patrick’s Day Party with the release of their Bellington Imperial Red beer, food and more. 11am to 11pm.
- 2nd Annual Woodlands Shamrock Shindig at Town Green Park – Bring your friends and family to the Town Green Park in The Woodlands for their 2nd Annual Woodlands Shamrock Shindig. There will be live music from bands, DJs, and bagpipers, as well as food trucks, St. Paddy’s-themed drinks, and a kids zone. Tickets are $5; VIP tickets are $60. 11am to 11pm.
- St. Patrick’s Day 2018 at McGonigel’s Mucky Duck – McGonigel’s Mucky Duck hosts their 29th annual family-friendly St. Patrick’s Day celebration. Indulge in some Irish food, drinks, bagpipers, and live music while the little ones enjoy a tea party, arts and crafts and more. Tickets are $22. 11am.
- St. Patrick’s Day at The Sugar Refinery | No Cover – Make your way to Sugar Land for their St. Patrick’s Day party featuring drink specials with a full bar, a crawfish boil, Irish foods, and a DJ. 11am.
- St. Patrick’s All Day Party at King’s BierHaus – Put on your lucky green attire and celebrate St. Patrick’s Day at King’s BierHaus on The Heights. Enter the fully decorated bar and restaurant and enjoy Irish drink specials, green beer, bangers and mash, and live Irish music beginning at 5pm. 11am.
- Saint Patrick’s Day Lepre-Con Pub Crawl & Concert at Market Square Park | No Cover – After the St. Patrick’s parade, make your way to Downtown’s Historic District where you’re sure to find your fair share of green beer and eats. Then head over to Market Square Park for some festive fun and live music by the Celtic rock band, Murder the Stout. 3pm to 8pm.
- St. Patrick’s Day Party at Howl at the Moon | No Cover – Wear all green and get lucky at this St. Patrick’s Day Party at Howl at the Moon with green beers, car bombs, green tea mini-buckets, and a buffet. 4pm.
- St Patrick’s Day Parking Lot Party at Sherlock’s Baker St. Pub – Sherlock’s Baker St. Pub on Westheimer host a parking lot party for St. Paddy’s Day that includes food trucks, live music by The Dirty Reckless, Adrenaline, a DJ, and of course, green beer. Cover charge is $10. 5pm.
- Luck of the Irish Boat Ride at Buffalo Bayou – Toast to all things Irish as you enjoy light bites and tasty brews from Saint Arnold’s Brewery on a boat tour around Buffalo Bayou. The boat will depart from Allen’s Landing. Tickets are $40 per person. 5:30pm to 7pm.
- The Boondock Saints Movie Screening Party at Alamo Drafthouse Mason Park – Watch the action-packed movie about two Irish Catholic vigilante brothers, The Boondock Saints, just in time for St. Patrick’s Day at Alamo Drafthouse Mason Park. Tickets start at $12.99. 10pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).
* With the exception of No DWI – Free Sober Rides on St. Patrick’s Day, which we highlighted as a community service, Featured St. Patrick’s Day Events showcased at the top this list are paying advertisers. Advertising revenue directly supports 365 Houston, enabling us to pay our staff and contributors, cover costs, and further help readers discover their favorite ways to spend their free time and improve their lives around Houston.
If you’d like to add your event to the Featured highlights at the top of this guide, please email us at [email protected]. We have effective and impactful ad packages to fit most budgets from Food Truck to Fortune 500.
If you’re on a very tight budget, but want to be sure your event stands out in our crowded calendar on St. Patrick’s Day, Saturday, March 17, 2018, then Boosted Calendar Listings are also available, starting at $50. Click here to order or click here to learn more about what you get when you opt for a Boosted Calendar Listing.