Take the kiddos to learn new things at workshops, arts and crafts classes, and camps around Houston during Spring Break from Saturday, March 10 to Saturday, March 17, 2018.
Also in March 2018
Happening This Week
Spring Break is already here, which means that summer is just around the corner and the school year is almost out.
If you’re looking to keep the mind busy or keep the rascals occupied, check out some of our favorite Spring Break events around town between Saturday, March to Saturday, March 17, 2018.
Family-Friendly Spring Break 2018 Events around Houston
- Spring Break Daily Flight Plan at Lone Star Flight Museum | Saturday, March 10 through Saturday, March 17 – Bring the whole family to the Lone Star Flight Museum for daily activities and demonstrations during their Spring Break Daily Flight Plan event. Kids can meet with real-life pilots, mechanics and scientists, and participate in demonstrations and workshops throughout the Spring Break week. Free with general admission to the museum. Times vary per day.
- Spring BreaKation Workshops at The Woodlands Children’s Museum | Monday, March 12 through Friday, March 16 – Bring your children to spend their spring break immersed in moments of creativity and exploration with different workshops each day at The Woodlands Children’s Museum. The workshops include everything from art to science for ages 4 to 8. Included with general admission to the museum. 9am to 4pm each day.
- Spring Break at Discovery Green | Monday, March 12 through Friday, March 16 | FREE – Discovery Green hosts five fun-packed days for the whole family for their Spring Break week. Each day will feature a different activity including science presentations, DJs, dance lessons, and hands-on craft workshops. 11am to 4pm each day.
- Spring Break Art Camps at Galveston Arts Center | Monday, March 12 through Friday, March 16 – Head to the island with the family to get creative as the Galveston Arts Center host their Spring Break Art Camps. Tuition for each camp is $150 for the entire week; $120 for GAC members. Camp will be from 9am to noon for kids grades kindergarten through 2nd grade; 1pm to 4pm for grades 3 to 7 each day.
- Spring Break at Asia Society Texas Center | Monday, March 12 through Friday, March 16 | FREE – Each day during this Spring Break week will be devoted to a different Asian spring holiday or festival at Asia Society in the Museum District. Learn about each holiday through storytelling and unique activities, while also attending daily screenings of DisneyNature’s Born in China. Recommended for ages 5 to 12. Free with RSVP. Noon to 3pm each day.
- Alamo Kids Camp: Fantastic Mr. Fox Movie Screening at Alamo Drafthouse Mason Park | Monday, March 12 through Thursday, March 15 – This Spring Break the Alamo Drafthouse Mason Park hosts a kids camp where they host a daytime screening of Wes Anderson’s Fantastic Mr. Fox for the kiddos. Tickets are $5. 12:15pm each day.
- Spring Break: The Evolution of Technology at George Ranch Historical Park | Tuesday, March 13 through Saturday, March 17 – Make your way to the George Ranch Historical Park for some evolving fun and explore 100 years of inventions and technological advancements. From the cotton gin to the sewing machine to the tractor, you’ll learn about how technology changed how you lived in each progressive generation. Included with general admission. 9am to 5pm each day.
- Open Studio: Spring Break at CAMH | Tuesday, March 13 through Thursday, March 15 | FREE – Kids of all ages can experiment with repetition of language in a variety of workshops inspired by the current art exhibition, Christopher Knowles: In a Word at the Contemporary Arts Museum, Houston. 2pm each day.