Make the most of your month with our list of 15 favorite events and happenings in Houston during March 2018.
Also in March 2018
Happening This Week
With St. Patrick’s Day, the Houston Rodeo, and crawfish season all happening this month, there are plenty of fun activities to keep you busy in March.
Stroll through flower-filled gardens along the Azalea Trail in River Oaks, dance to hits from back in the day when Earth, Wind & Fire performs in Sugar Land, hop in a canoe or kayak and race down Buffalo Bayou in the 46th annual Regatta, eat a traditional Irish breakfast on St. Patrick’s Day, see an award-winning Broadway musical and more at these can’t-miss events in Houston this March.
Events are not ranked, but are listed in chronological order throughout the month of March.
Top 15 Things to Do in Houston This Month: March 2018
- Memphis at The Hobby Center for the Performing Arts | Ends Sunday, March 4 – See the Tony-award winning musical that follows a tale of forbidden love set in the birthplace of Rock n’ Roll. The Hobby Center for the Performing Arts presents Memphis, featuring a score by Bon Jovi’s David Bryan. Tickets start at $30, not including ticket fees, but you may find limited discounted tickets. Showtimes vary.
- The 83rd Azalea Trail in River Oaks | Friday, March 2 to Sunday, March 4 – Walk through a trail of pristine gardens full of blooming azaleas at seven River Oaks locations. Participants will learn about architecture, flower arranging, and horticulture specific to our region. Tickets start at $10. 11am daily.
- Harvest Green Chef Fest | Sunday, March 4 – Taste culinary creations from eight to 10 up-and-coming chefs preparing a variety of dishes using local produce at Harvest Green Chef Fest. Kids can partake in interactive cooking lessons, and adults can shop fresh ingredients from the farmers market. Tickets start at $75. Noon to 4pm.
- AIDS Walk Houston 2018 at Sam Houston Park | Sunday, March 4 – Join nearly 10,000 men, women, and children at Sam Houston Park to honor and remember friends and family members living with AIDS at the 29th annual AIDS Walk Houston. After the walk, enjoy a concert featuring local rappers Bun B and Paul Wall, rock band Los Skarnales, and DJ Gracie Chavez. 1pm to 5pm.
- Earth, Wind & Fire in Concert at Smart Financial Centre in Sugar Land | Tuesday, March 6 – Dance the night away as legendary ‘70s group Earth, Wind & Fire hit the stage at Smart Financial Centre in Sugar Land. The genre-spanning band is sure to bring the funk with songs like “September,” “Boogie Wonderland,” and “Let’s Groove.” Tickets start at $50, but you may find better or cheaper tickets using the TicketNetwork resale website. 8pm.
- Cirque du Soleil’s Corteo at Toyota Center | Thursday, March 8 to Sunday, March 11 – Enter a dream world of playful music, spellbinding acrobatics, dazzling costumes, and Cirque du Soleil’s trademark surrealism in Corteo at Toyota Center. Tickets start at $57, but you may find limited discounted tickets starting at $48. Showtimes vary.
- 46th Annual Buffalo Bayou Regatta at 7700 San Felipe | Saturday, March 10 – Race down 15 miles of the scenic Buffalo Bayou via kayak or canoe in the 46th annual Buffalo Bayou Regatta. Celebrate at the finish line with live zydeco music and food and drinks available for purchase. $50. 7am to 2pm.
- Houston Rockets vs. San Antonio Spurs at Toyota Center | Monday, March 12 – Cheer on the Rockets as the play against their neighboring rivals, the San Antonio Spurs, at Toyota Center. Tickets start at $47, but you may find cheaper, better, or hard-to-get seats on TicketNetwork’s online market. 7pm.
- St. Patrick’s Day Events Around Houston | Saturday, March 17 – Eat a traditional Irish breakfast at St. Patrick’s Day at Saint Arnold Brewery, drink green beer at St. Patrick’s Day Lepre-Con Pub Crawl and Concert at Market Square Park, dress up like a leprechaun for the St. Patrick’s Day-themed Run at Buffalo Bayou Brewing Company, or enjoy live music, food, and drinks at The Woodlands Shamrock Shindig. Times, locations, and prices vary.
- Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo at NRG Park | Ends Sunday, March 18 – Dust off your boots and head to NRG for the Rodeo, complete with carnival rides, rodeo competitions, and fried food, as well as nightly concerts from acts like Garth Brooks, Rascal Flatts, Jason Aldean, Luke Bryan, OneRepublic, Cody Johnson, Alessia Cara, and 50 Calibre. Tickets start at $18, but you may find tickets on TicketNetwork’s online resale market. Times vary.
- Bon Jovi in Concert at Toyota Center | Friday, March 23 – If you just want to live while you’re alive, don’t miss pop-rock icons Bon Jovi in concert at Toyota Center. In their fourth decade in the industry, the iconic group will stop in Houston as part of their “This House Is Not For Sale” tour. Tickets start at $29.50, but you might find cheaper or better tickets using the TicketNetwork online market. 7:30pm.
- Tomball German Heritage Festival in Old Town Tomball | Friday, March 23 to Sunday, March 25 | No Cover – Eat, drink, and celebrate all things German at the German Heritage Festival in Old Town Tomball. Beer, wine, and plenty of food will be available for purchase, along with a petting zoo, live music, and more than 200 vendors. Times vary.
- 4th Annual BigAss Crawfish Bash at Gulf Greyhound Park | Saturday, March 24 – Stuff your face with all-you-can-eat mudbugs while listening to live music, riding carnival rides, and shopping from vendors during the BigAss Crawfish Bash at Gulf Greyhound Park. The annual event, which is known to sell out, benefits several charities, including Camp Hope, Texas Special Olympics, local Education Foundations, Boyscouts, and C.E.R.T. Tickets range from $25 to $30. 11am to 11pm.
- In Bloom Music Festival at Eleanor Tinsley Park | Saturday, March 24 and Sunday, March 25 – Boasting a new name and earlier dates, what was formerly Free Press Summer Fest is now In Bloom Music Festival at Eleanor Tinsley Park. This year’s lineup features more than 50 artists, including Incubus, Beck, and Martin Garrix. Tickets start at $79, but you may find cheaper or better tickets on the TicketNetwork resale marketplace. 11am.
- Houston Open at Golf Club of Houston | Monday, March 26 to Sunday, April 1 – Watch as some of the biggest names in golf compete for the championship title in the annual Houston Open. Formerly the Shell Houston Open, the PGA tournament returns to the Golf Club of Houston for this rousing, week-long event. Tickets start at $35. 6:30am.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).