Don’t let these sports and game events slip through the cracks during a busy March 2018 in Houston.
Also in March 2018
Happening This Week
Soccer descends on Houston yet again with the Dynamo firing up a new season and the Dash premiering a new re-tooled squad at the end of the month.
With the basketball season winding down, the Rockets also make for must-see entertainment as they gear up for the playoffs.
Top 10 Games & Sports Events This Month: March 2018
- Houston Dynamo vs. Atlanta United FC at BBVA Compass Stadium | Saturday, March 3 – Last season, the Dynamo came within a game of the MLS Cup Final and showed a lot of fans what they had been missing; aggressive attacking, silky-smooth passing, and a team that’s easy to love. They kick off the new season at home against the equally goal-hungry Atlanta United FC. Tickets range from $24 to $109, but you may be able to find cheaper or better seats on the TicketNetwork resale market. 2:30pm.
- Houston Rockets vs. Boston Celtics at Toyota Center | Saturday, March 3 – This weekend matchup is one of the best remaining games of the regular season as two of the best teams in the NBA battle it out. James Harden, Chris Paul, Kyrie Irving, and Al Horford promise a lot of oohs and aahs in this star-studded matchup. Tickets range from $59 to over $1000 and this game may near sell-out territory. You might find cheaper, better or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7:30pm.
- 46th Annual Buffalo Bayou Regatta at 7700 San Felipe | Saturday, March 10 – The annual canoe and kayak race returns, sending paddlers (12 and up) down 15 miles of Houston’s Buffalo Bayou. Registration is open to participants (competitive and recreational) for $50 or $30 with military or student ID. The event begins just west of Voss Road, ending in Downtown at Allen’s Landing. 7am.
- A Masters Session with the Pioneers of Skateboarding at North Houston Skatepark | Saturday, March 10 | FREE with RSVP – Register to skate alongside four pioneering skateboarders from the late 70’s and early 80’s. Brad Bowman, Wally Inouye, Steve Olson, and Doug Saladino will be on-hand for a two hour morning and afternoon session, with a meet and greet to follow. This event is free but does require reservations for those who wish to skate with these legends. 10am.
- Houston Dynamo vs. Vancouver Whitecaps FC at BBVA Compass Stadium | Saturday, March 10 – Ex-Dynamo striker Kei Kamara and Mexico International Efraín Juárez are among a difficult Whitecaps team that seeks a great start to their season. Watch the Dynamo defend their home turf with tickets starting at $24. You might find better or cheaper tickets using the TicketNetwork resale marketplace. 5pm.
- Houston Rockets vs. San Antonio Spurs at Toyota Center | Monday, March 12 – The final Spurs visit to H-town this season features both teams trying to assert their positions in a crowded and tough Western Conference. Tickets start at $47, but you may find cheaper, better, or hard-to-get seats on TicketNetwork’s online market. 7pm.
- The Lemon Climb Houston at Chase Tower | Saturday, March 24 – Alex’s Lemonade Stand Fund is a national childhood cancer foundation that raises money for research into new treatments and cures for children fighting cancer. In Houston, ALSF’s inaugural Lemon Climb invites participants to climb stairs at the tallest building in Texas, in either 35, 60 or 75-flight lengths. Registration is $25 with a minimum fundraising goal of $100. 8:30am.
- Houston Rockets vs. New Orleans Pelicans at Toyota Center | Saturday, March 24 – Anthony Davis, Rajon Rondo, and Jrue Holiday provide a stiff test for the Rockets — especially since the Pelicans are one of the only teams to beat Houston this season. Tickets start at $59, but you may be able to find better or cheaper tickets using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7pm.
- Houston Dash vs. Chicago Red Stars at BBVA Compass Stadium | Sunday, March 25 – A reshuffled squad head into a new season in the National Women’s Soccer League, looking to make the playoffs for the first time in franchise history. Led by forwards Kealia Ohai and new signing Christen Press, the Dash have a fearsome attack that should wreak havoc this year. Tickets range from $19 to $69. 4pm.
- Houston Open at Golf Club of Houston | Monday, March 26 through Sunday, April 1 – The annual PGA tournament (formerly the Shell Houston Open) returns to town, bringing previous champion Matt Jones, Lee Westwood, Stewart Cink and more for a week of deep-driving golf. Daily tickets for grounds admission begin at $35. Main Gates open at 6:30am.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).