Raise a glass of vino at the Italian Cultural & Community Center’s Italian Wine Seminar with four 2-hour classes on Tuesdays starting Tuesday, April 3 to Tuesday, April 24, 2018
Presented by the Italian Cultural and Community Center of Houston, the second installment of this cultural enrichment course focuses on Italian wine in detail and provides an in-depth general understanding of Italian wine for the beginner.
Taught by Master Sommelier Craig Collins of Austin, the program will consist of four two-hour classes that cover wine fundamentals, including the viticulture, oenology, wine law and analysis, and even dives into the types of grapes, geography, climate, history, and top producers of various regions.
Early bird registration for the Seminario di vini italiani: poesia in una bottiglia is $295 and ends on Monday, March 12, 2018. Regular registration is $325 starting on Tuesday, March 13, 2018. Click here for more information or to register.
About Master Sommelier Craig Collins
Master Sommelier Craig Collins first became enamored with wine while working at a winery as an undergrad, an interest that led him to study abroad in Italy during his senior year at Texas A&M.
He spent the next 20 years immersed in the beverage industry, from wineries to distribution and importing to restaurants. In 2011, Collins passed the esteemed Master Sommelier Exam, a feat mastered by just 200 people worldwide at that time.
He now serves as the Beverage Director for ELM Restaurant Group in Austin, Texas, overseeing the offerings at nationally acclaimed hotspots 24 Diner, Easy Tiger Bake Shop & Beer Garden, Italic and Irene’s.
He sits on the Board of Directors for the Court of Master Sommeliers and frequently participates as a speaker and judge at wine and food festivals across the country.
- Wine Fundamentals Class | Tuesday, April 3 | 7pm to 9pm – Viticulture, oenology, Italian wine law, and wine analysis.
- Northern Italy Class | Tuesday, April 10 | 7pm to 9pm – Types of grapes, geography, climate, history, and top wine producers.
- Central Italy Class | Tuesday, April 17 | 7pm to 9pm – Types of grapes, geography, climate, history, and top wine producers.
- Southern Italy Class | Tuesday, April 24 | 7pm to 9pm – Types of grapes, geography, climate, history, and top wine producers.
About the Italian Cultural & Community Center
A nonprofit organization, the ICCC’s mission is to advance, celebrate, and preserve Italian heritage and culture for all Houstonians to enjoy.
As Houston’s leading authority for all things Italian, the ICCC is proud to educate Houstonians about Italian culture, history and heritage.
Italian Wine Seminar Series at the Italian Cultural & Community Center
- Dates: Tuesdays starting Tuesday, April 3 to Tuesday, April 24, 2018
- Times: 7pm to 9pm each day
- Location: 1101 Milford Street, Houston, Texas 77006
- Parking: Free street and lot parking is available in the surrounding area
- Admission: Early bird registration is $295 and ends on Monday, March 12, 2018. Regular registration is $325 starting on Tuesday, March 13, 2018.Click here for more information or to register. Or call 713-524-4222 ext #7.
This post was sponsored by Italian Cultural & Community Center. Per our advertising and sponsorship policy, we only accept sponsored content from organizations that meet our editorial standards and truly present a valuable activity, event, resource or destination for residents and visitors across the greater Houston area. Advertising revenue helps support 365 Things to Do in Houston, and our contributors, allowing us to expand our coverage of activities and events around the Houston area. Click here to learn about promoting your event or business.