Celebrate local produce, proteins, extraordinary regional chefs and more, at the 2nd annual Chef Fest at Harvest Green on Sunday, March 4, 2018.
Harvest Green, greater Houston’s first farm-centric community located in Richmond, is kicking the spring season into high gear with a festival chock-full of local food collaborations meant for sampling from 12 renowned chefs.
A mix of well-established and up-and-coming chefs will come together and prepare delectable dishes, all made with produce grown on the 12-acre master-planned community’s Village Farm. Even adult beverages will hail from local purveyors.
Family Friendly Fun
Bringing the kiddos? Children can participate in an interactive cooking lesson at the Kids Can Cook Tent and visitors of all ages can take in the live music, farm tours, visits the farm’s goats and chickens, and, if inspiration hits, festival participants will be able to shop for ingredients at the farmers market.
Featured Chefs at Chef Fest
- Matt McCallister | FT33
- Chris Zettlemoyer | Renegade Kitchen Food Truck
- Jason Kerr & Becca Reyenga | Little Kitchen HTX
- Monica Pope | Sparrow Cookshop
- Stephanie Hoban | Ripe Cuisine
- Robert Lyford | Patina Green
- Andrew Wiseheart | Contigo
- Ara Malekian | Harlem Road Texas BBQ
- Adam Brick | Marina’s
- Jill Bartolome | Aqui
- Ned Elliot | Foreign & Domestic
- Rebecca Masson | Fluff Bake Bar
About Harvest Green
Houston’s first farm-centric development, Harvest Green offers residents a chance to grow their own food in optional backyard gardens or in the community’s Village Farm. Also planned is a farm share program that will allow members to buy weekly supplies of fresh produce harvested from a 300-acre farm adjacent to Harvest Green.
The 1,300-acre development also features abundant open space, lakes, and a planned recreation center featuring a pool, fitness center, and splash pad. Students are zoned to Fort Bend ISD schools, including two located in the community and an elementary school with plans to open in 2017.
Chef Fest is just one of many public events Harvest Green holds throughout the year including a weekly farmers market, a summer tomato festival, Harvest Fest fall festival, and a spring Earth Day event.
Harvest Green’s 2nd Annual Chef Fest in Richmond
- Date: Sunday, March 4, 2018
- Time: Noon to 4pm
- Location: 8939 Harlem Rd, Richmond, TX 77407
- Parking: Parking is located at the adjacent Travis High School, 11111 Harlem Rd, Richmond, TX 77406, and complimentary bus service will deliver attendees to the Village Farm. Parking in the farm lot is limited to VIP ticket holders and those with handicapped permits.
- Admission: Tickets start at $75 for adult early bird tickets; $90 general admission for adults; $30 for children ages 5 to 16; free for children under 5 and $120 for their VIP experience. Click here to purchase tickets or for a complete list of event information.
This story was sponsored by Agmenity. Per our sponsorship policy, we only accept sponsored content from businesses that meet our editorial standards and truly present a valuable activity, resource, or destination for residents and visitors across the greater Houston area. Click here to learn about promoting your event or business.