Make the most of your week with our top 8 things to do with kids in Houston, from Monday, February 26 to Sunday, March 4, 2018.
Also in March 2018
Top 11 Plays & Arts Performances
Happening This Week
Nightlife in Houston This Week
Top 8 Things to Do with Kids This Week in Houston
- Junior Scientists at Nature Discovery Center | Thursday, March 1 – Bring the kids to be Junior Scientists and examine a variety of science themes through hands-on investigations and experiments, and in lessons enriched with crafts, games and more at the Nature Discovery Center. Each week has a different theme. This class is for ages 6 to 10. Tickets are $20 for nonmembers; $15 for members. 4pm to 5:30pm.
- Children’s Story Hour at Hermann Park | Friday, March 2 | FREE – Bring your little ones to listen to a story every Friday morning in the McGovern Centennial Garden’s Family Garden. After the reading, children are invited to participate in a fun activity. 10am to 11am.
- Texas Independence Day Tall Texan at The Woodlands Children’s Museum | Friday, March 2 – Celebrate the adoption of the Texas Declaration of Independence at The Woodlands Children’s Museum with the trick roping Tall Texan Cowboy and a reading from guest author Amber Manning. Included with general admission to the museum. 10:30am.
- Avenida Houston’s Roller Rink Opening Party at Discovery Green | Friday, March 2 – The outdoor roller rink returns for a second season with a new and improved skating surface, colorful lighting, and an opening party at Discovery Green park. Festivities include live music from Skyrocket! the band, a demo by Roller Derby Girls and more. Tickets to skate are $8 per person; $4 for skate rental. 5pm to 10pm.
- Kids 1st Saturday at The Breakfast Klub | Saturday, March 3 | FREE – Bring the kiddos over to The Breakfast Klub restaurant for a morning featuring a moonwalk, a face painter, arts & crafts, and kid-friendly entertainment. 10am.
- Chalk on the Block at Bagby Park | Saturday, March 3 | FREE – Experience local artists creating one-of-a-kind pavement art on the sidewalks around Bagby Park. 10am to 2pm.
- Craft Community Day at Houston Center for Contemporary Craft | Saturday, March 3 | FREE – Get creative for the Craft Community Day, an event featuring local artist guilds and community groups at the Houston Center for Contemporary Craft. Visitors of all ages are invited to see craft demonstrations and visit the resident artists’ studios and view current exhibitions. 11am to 3pm.
- Open Studio: Create a Character and First Person Narrative at CAMH | Saturday, March 3 | FREE – Using prompts from CAMH’s Teen Council create a character and first-person narrative as you imagine the mundane and interesting details of your character’s daily life. This workshop is inspired by the documentary photographs and text in the current exhibition Dissent and Desire.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
You can find more fun in our interactive event calendar and 365 Weekend Guides.
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).
Click here to sign up for free.