Make the most of your week with our top 9 event picks happening in Houston from Monday, February 19 to Sunday, February 25, 2018.
Also in February 2018
Happening This Week
Start rodeo season with a plate full of barbecue, run a colorful 5K at Sam Houston Race Park, attend a Mardi Gras masquerade in The Woodlands, watch the Houston Rockets take on the Minnesota Timberwolves, and more happening this week in Houston.
Top 9 Things to Do This Week in Houston
- ReelAbilities: Houston Film Festival at Venues Around Houston | Through Thursday, February 22 – View a variety of film screenings and events that celebrate the lives, stories, talents, and triumphs of people with mental and physical disabilities. Partake in discussions with filmmakers, professionals, parents, and subjects of the film after each screening. Most events are free. Locations and times vary.
- Rice University Owls vs. Texas State University Bobcats at Reckling Park | Tuesday, February 20 – Root, root, root for the home team when the Rice University Owls baseball team takes on the Texas State Bobcats at Reckling Park. 6:30pm.
- Memphis at The Hobby Center for the Performing Arts | Starts Wednesday, February 21 – See the Tony-award winning musical that follows a tale of forbidden love set in the birthplace of Rock n’ Roll. The Hobby Center for the Performing Arts presents Memphis, featuring a score by Bon Jovi’s David Bryan. Tickets start at $30, but you may find limited discounted tickets. Thursday 7:30pm; Friday 8pm; Saturday 2pm and 8pm; Sunday 2pm and 7:30pm.
- World’s Championship Bar-B-Que Contest at NRG Park | Thursday, February 22 to Saturday, February 24 – Kick off the 2018 Houston Rodeo with a three-day Bar-B-Que Contest at NRG Park. This annual event brings more than 250 teams to compete for the best ribs, brisket, sausage and the like. Private tents are invite-only, but everyone can enjoy live music from Kevin Fowler and Roger Creager, carnival rides, and games. Tickets start at $5. Thursday 5pm to 11pm; Friday noon to 11pm; Saturday 9am to 11pm.
- Houston Rockets vs. Minnesota Timberwolves at Toyota Center | Friday, February 23 – Cheer loud for the Rockets when they hit the court to play the Timberwolves at Toyota Center. Tickets start at $24, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale marketplace. 7pm.
- HLSR Rodeo Run at Walker Street and Bagby Street | Saturday, February 24 – Take your marks, get set, and run for a reason at the Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo Run, starting at Walker and Bagby Streets in Downtown. All proceeds from the run benefit the HLSR Educational Fund. $35. 9am.
- Color in Motion 5K at Sam Houston Race Park | Saturday, February 24 – Show up To Houston Race Park in a clean white shirt and leave wearing every color of the rainbow. This 5K run takes participants through several stations that splash and spray you with every pigment you can imagine. Registration includes a race-shirt, color packet, and entry to the post-race party. Tickets start at $25, but limited discounted $19.50 tickets are available. 9am.
- Masquerade Woodlands: A Mardi Gras Celebration at Town Green Park | Saturday, February 24 – Don a decorative Mardi Gras mask at The Woodlands’ first annual masquerade, featuring live zydeco, jazz, and R&B music, food, drinks, a kids zone, and a pet parade. Tickets start at $4. 5pm to 11pm.
- Lunar New Year 2018 Celebrations Around Houston | Saturday, February 24 and Sunday, February 25 – Close out your Lunar New Year celebrations at events like the Texas Lunar Festival in Bellaire, Asia Society’s Lunar New Year at The Galleria, and Lunar New Year Houston 2018 at the Viet Hoa Center. Prices, times, and locations vary.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).