Make the most of your week with our top 10 things to do with kids in Houston, from Monday, February 19 to Sunday, February 25, 2018.
Also in February 2018
Happening This Week
Top 10 Things to Do with Kids This Week in Houston
- Junior Scientists at Nature Discovery Center | Thursday, February 22 – Bring the kids to be Junior Scientists and examine a variety of science themes through hands-on investigations and experiments, and in lessons enriched with crafts, games and more at the Nature Discovery Center. Each week has a different theme. This class is for ages 6 to 10. Tickets are $20 for nonmembers; $15 for members. 4pm to 5:30pm.
- Children’s Story Hour at Hermann Park | Friday, February 23 | FREE – Bring your little ones to listen to a story every Friday morning in the McGovern Centennial Garden’s Family Garden. After the reading, children are invited to participate in a fun activity. 10am to 11am.
- Secret Life of Pets Movie Screening at Levy Park | Friday, February 23 | FREE – Bring the little ones to watch an outdoor screening of Secret Life of Pets, an animated movie about what pets do when their owners are away, at Levy Park. 6:30pm.
- My Little Pony the Movie Screening at Memorial City | Friday, February 23 | FREE – Bring your lawn chair or a blanket and enjoy complimentary popcorn while you watch My Little Pony the Movie on the big screen at Memorial City. 7pm to 9pm.
- Nature Revealed: Woodpeckers at Houston Arboretum & Nature Center | Saturday, February 24 – In this class, you’ll explore the extreme and often bizarre adaptations that allow woodpeckers to exploit a unique lifestyle among birds. This class is for ages 13 and up. Tickets are $35 for nonmembers; $20 for members. 9:30am to 11am.
- A Butterfly Flutter at The Houston Museum of Natural Science | Saturday, February 24 – The Butterfly Flutter children’s event offers a variety of activities, including Papilio arts and crafts, metamorphic face painting, a squirmy insect petting zoo and much more to benefit the Cockrell Butterfly Center. Admission Tickets start at $50. 10am to noon.
- Texas Lunar Festival at Southern New Group | Saturday, February 24 | FREE – Celebrate the year of the dog at this festival with dance performances, a fashion show, martial arts performances, vendors, food trucks and more in front of the Southern News Group Building on Bellaire. 10am to 5pm.
- Lunar New Year Houston 2018 at the Viet Hoa Center | Saturday, February 24 and Sunday, February 25 | FREE – This two-day outdoor festival and market will feature lions and dragons in performance along with live music, food, and local vendors to ring in the Year of the Dog. 10am to 6pm each day.
- Sloth Weekend at Downtown Aquarium | Saturday, February 24 and Sunday, February 25 – Celebrate all things sloths at this 2-day event at the Downtown Aquarium. Enjoy family-friendly games and activities all dedicated to the adorable animal, the sloth. Tickets are $20. 11am each day.
- Family Day: Stranded at Houston Maritime Museum | Saturday, February 24 – Families are invited to pretend to be rescued by creating flotation devices, making signal flag coasters, writing unique messages in a bottle, and participating in a special activity with the Coast Guard Auxiliary at the Houston Maritime Museum. Tickets range from $5 to $8. 2pm to 5pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).